New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
Seattle, WA
“Decent stay for price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Used it as a via point for a long trip from Seattle to Yellowstone. Room was clean, and surroundings were enjoyable (right next to lake). Amenities and room were a bit tired, but cleanliness was OK. Has WiFi. A bit of a drive (4 miles) from I-90 (and decent food). Has a toilet leak, but I was too tired to care much about that :-).

Room Tip: If you want to cook, there are a couple of rooms with kitchenette.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank HariShankar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Athol, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

my husband and i went for a weekend spent couple nights there when we got there was really clean smelled nice to, i didn't have any problems what so ever they even brought towels with out me asking so i will be returning. i even was allowed to bring my dogs so that was really cool :) i stayed in the victorian room .

Room Tip: go for the themed rooms for couples :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Renee B
Newport, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed last weekend. I have to admit I was a little skeptical after reading all the reviews but we had a great time. The rooms and hot tub was very clean. Lots of sun all day on the deck. We enjoyed the beautiful view from the Garden Room and the sun..The staff was super friendly. It was definitely relaxing and rejuvinating. No doors banging or people running around hallways like you would here in a Hotel. It was very queit. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank baldwins_13
tricities
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I rented a room in early June the day we married to spend our honeymoon.. when we got there the room was being cleaned so we waited outside for nearly an hour in the parking lot while she got done, when we got in there the room smelled VERY bad.. like rotten ... something, I am not sure. I was sitting in the hot tub and wondering why the fountain thats supposed to have a "waterfall" didnt work and had trails of black stuff in it. My husband started feeling pretty ill towards the end of the evening, I was feeling pretty nauseous myself and he noticed a door like entrance to the base of the hot tub that wouldnt shut. he tried to close it and out of curiosity pulled it back a bit and THERE WAS MOUNTAINS OF MOLD!!! Black furry huge clumps of mold!!!! I told him to close it close it!!! We agreed to let managment know in the morning, I couldnt sleep the rest of the nite, we got more and more ill and I ended up vomiting from 4 am to 6 when we packed up and left, my husband went to tell management and lady said she would let him know. we haven't been back since. I tell ya, if I hadn't married a wonderful man, that room woulda wrecked my whole honeymoon.

Room Tip: These rooms have awesome themes, I love the original ideas, if they could get some better management...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank Apryll M
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you want to take an escort somewhere this would be the place. If you want to be treated like a worthless piece of crap this hotel is for you!! If you are looking for STDS and want a place to waste your money come stay here!! We called three times and verified reservations with our two kids. When we got there we were told kids were not allowed and they were going to put us out and still take our money. I get the policy about kids and reservations but they were so rude I was in tears and even though they let us stay we were gone by 6 AM. When I called the manager to complain he said thanks for the feedback and hung up. No refund no nothing. This place sucks!!!

• Stayed April 2013
6 Thank mad customer 101
Spokane, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Exactly what the title says. I got food left it on the table, 30 minutes later there was a trail of ants to it. We talked to the office and said we were leaving, they said sorry and told us we would get a refund.

Week goes by and no refund posted. Tried to talk with the manager who never called us back. Disputed the charge with the bank which we lost because there is a clause that says they're not responsible for pests.

So didn't stay there got charged anyway with ants all over the room. Horrible place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ragingchiamonkey
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I rented room 21 downstairs for a week it had a nice view; however, the room smelt like something died recently in there. Every time I would walk in through the front door I would smell death maybe a dead mouse or something. I told management about the smell and asked about another room they could put me in for the remainder of my stay but he said there were no rooms avaliable but there was no one else staying there at the time. Next, sense they have no management skills and they were not going to cater to me like they are supposed to I gave them the key and told them I was leaving and asked about my deposit he said "we can't give it back to you because you rented the room for seven days and your leaving early" I was so disgusted by this point and irritated I said "keep it". No way I'm leaving because it smells like dead bodies are in the room somewhere! I recommend never staying here because the management is probably on drugs and there are many health hazards with the rooms. I'm reporting this business to some type of Health Department because no would should breath the horrible smell that I had to when paying for a place to stay for a week. Absolutely no money has been put into the "BENNET INN" to maintain it and that place needs to be torn down.

Room Tip: Stay in your car but not at the "Bennet Inn"
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business