The Coeur d'Alene Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Resort City Inn(Coeur d'Alene)
Flamingo Motel(Coeur d'Alene)
State Motel(Coeur d'Alene)
View Hotel
Japan House Suites(Coeur d'Alene)
View Hotel
Ramada Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Coeur d'Alene)
1,725 results
All reviewsgolf coursedockside restaurantfloating greeninfinity poollake towerboat ridesunken living roomgolf packageplay golfcoeur d'alene resortchristmas lightsnorth polebeautiful lakedinner cruisetubbs hillspokane airportbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My wife and I stayed here because my conference was at the hotel, but we would have been FAR happier staying nearby and walking to the conference. The experience was not even close to meriting $289/night, which I would gladly pay for a premium hotel in Chicago or New York that knows how to take care of people. My wife planned to hang out at the pool while I was in my meetings, but the outdoor pool was tiny, unheated, and more often than not, closed for private functions or just closed (at 4:00 PM on Thursday, just closed?). In summary, they have not created the luxury experience that I think they are striving for.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We had 4 rooms with extended family. All rooms faced the water and were "premier" rooms. Booked way ahead of time. Could not check in everyone into their rooms when we arrived. It took over 3 hours to have all rooms ready. Front desk claimed computer issues delayed check in. (Somehow this delayed the cleaning staff too) Then when last room was ready there was a leak from a pipe that was sticking out of the ceiling in front of doorway, they also had a bucket in front of the door to catch the water. When we asked to switch rooms due to the leak initially the front desk said they would, then 45 minutes later we found out that the manager was never told and that they had no intention or avaliablity of same type of room. We spent 4 hours waiting for a room. They finally stopped the leak and we stayed in the room. The front desk area and manager are VERY incompetent. Not at all what you expect in a 5-star resort. While the views and rooms were beautiful, I would never recommend wasting your time or money here. You do not "get what you pay" for in this resort. What we got was Budget 8 attitude and service with a high-end resort price tag.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank daddy23
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Wow... what a let down!
My husband and 2 year old son were looking for a little weekend getaway, and had always thought the Coeur D'Alene Resort looked like a really great place. We were sadly mistaken!

We purchased our room over the phone and were warned twice that there would be no refunds. That should have clued us in...

The room was literally like a cheap motel, with an outside walkway entrance. It had VERY dated features and nothing that would suggest it was part of a resort! We immediately asked for an upgrade and for another $50, we were bumped to a "Deluxe" room. I was happy..... until we got to the room. It was the exact same room, but with an indoor entrance and a better view. Same weird wall of mirrors and outdated furnishings. However, it doesn't there. We ordered the room service breakfast for two that sounded great on paper. When the food (eggs Benedict) came it was literally rubber and odd tasting. It ended up being insanely expensive for what we got. Tack on the $17 parking fee as we left and our experience was complete.

We had just come from a night at the Silver Mountain Resort in Kellogg ID, which was 100X better AND quite a bit cheaper. Pretty Sad.

I would NEVER stay here again. From what I hear now, most the chain hotels around the area are much nicer. (Particularly the Ameritel)

--Brittnie

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank abaigael
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the resort for our 27th anniversary. The room we were given was in the old section of the hotel. It had a horrible smell and felt very small, old and outdated. Ater being in their beautilful lobby we were shocked and very disappointed. We had to pay an upgade to get another room.
The lake is beautiful and the service in the resteraunts were excellent but I would not stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2010

The Coeur d'Alene Resort has the best location and views available. From the time we entered the lobby we felt welcomed and valued. We were staying here for Valentine's Day and everything felt romantic. The lobby fireplaces provided quiet places to sip coffee and the boardwalk was perfect for an evening stroll. The concierge took care of making reservations for us across the street at Bonsai Bistro. Our first room had a view across the top of the roof/outdoor deck. When we requested a room change, they moved us quickly and without hesitation. We then had a higher room with beautiful views of the lake. We ate dessert and breakfast the next morning at Dockside restraurant. Both visits we were impressed with quality of the food and wait staff. The CDA resort is a great hotel for a romantic weekend away.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple