My wife and I stayed here for three nights on a business trip in October 2006. We were a little miffed that we had to wait until about 4:30PM to check in (we arrived at the hotel at 2:30PM). We were pleasantly surprised by the deluxe room we had. They had clearly completed upgrades recently and it was one of the most comfortable rooms I have ever stayed in. It included a plasma TV, a living room area with a chair, ottoman and a sofa. I great desk with complimentary internet access. The bathroom was large and the dressing area was located in a separate section outside the toilet and shower room. The room, like most in the hotel, had a good view of the lake.
The only real complaint we had was that our room was not cleaned until after 5:00 pm one day. We left the room in at about 8AM and returned at 3:00PM and wanted to rest after an active day. When the room was not made up - we decided to go out for awhile, assuming it would be made when we returned about 90 minutes later. It wasn't. We called and someone came within 30 minutes to make up the room. The next day, it was made up by noon.
Other than that, everything was great. By the way, we recommend the sea plane tour that's located just outside the hotel. We went for a quick 20 minute tour and it was great fun. At $50 per person we thought the rate was very reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ultimately there is something magical about a visit to The Coeur d'Alene... With idyllic landscape, year-round activities, and its spectacular setting at the shore of one of America's most beautiful lakes, it is no wonder that Coeur d'Alene has been christened the "Playground of the Northwest". We have mastered the art of relaxation. With luxurious accommodations, rejuvenating spa treatments, sumptuous cuisine, and breathtaking holiday displays, this four-star resort continues to be the destination of choice for discerning travelers worldwide. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- The Coeur d Alene Resort Coeur d Alene
- The Coeur D'Alene Resort Idaho