I booked a room over this recent labour day long weekend. When I spoke to the agent from your hotel when booking, I made 2 distinct inquiries. 1:I was bringing my boat, was there a slip for it, she yes, free with your room. 2:is there parking fir my truck and trailer, she also replied yes, it would be $19/day and there was allocated parking for guests with boat trailers. When we arrived no one directed us to the front desk, your valets immediately asked I leave the keys to my vehicle in my truck, not 'welcome to the resort, are you staying with us? Reluctantly I left the keys in the truck, I understand fire codes and moving vehicles.... We then stood on front of what you call a check in desk, which had no que, it was a free for all to whom could get to 1 of your many counters first, when we did finally get to a counter, the lady at the counter was not friendly, I'm sure she was having a bad day, and we just happen to be in her sites to dish it out on, as she asked my name, asked for my credit card, and said "your in room 272 go that way to get to it". I asked about the boat slip and dock location, to which she replied "go see the valets they will look after you.... Ok then ....
We decided to unload the boat, dock it and find parking before going to the room, well that in itself was harder than it should have been, I asked the valet, and he said to go around the building to unload the boat, I asked where do I park? He says that they cannot accommodate trucks and boat trailers. But to park in the FREE PARKING lot next to hotel which was ONLY 2 hr free parking, so I'm paying $19/day not to park at the hotel and another $24 at a lot that allows you to park for 10hrs????? We unloaded the boat tied it to a slip and I made my way into the hotel to advise my boats spot, only to find I was locked on the dock, thank goodness a slip owner showed us where to go and where to dock, which I found out cost me $19/day not FREE as I was told when I booked the room. I went to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager, the lady there said, I can help you, I told her what was going on and her response floored me "we have 3 wedding parties to check in sir, what do you want me to do?? I just asked about parking and docking.... I was so much of an inconvenience to her I asked she just removed the parking charges and I would deal with it later.
One would think after a 7hr drive to a 5 star resort, service would be a bit more classy, and help guests. I apologize I wasn't with the wedding groups I may have gotten better service if I was? Our first day was pretty much a write off.
On the flip side, we had breakfast Sunday morning at Dockside, the staff there were super, friendly and warm. It was the only day we actually were treated like guests, we also had drinks in the evening at Whispers outside lounge, again the service was great.... Not sure why those staff aren't your first face when greeting you.
All in all, sadly disappointed in what was supposed to be a romantic weekend away with my wife from a high end resort. Missed the mark there!!
Other issues to state:
we had a corner entrance to our room, you had to walk into the bathroom, to open the door just to get in and out of our room.
The elevators, holy cow as quick as they opened they were closing before you got half your body in them, I felt terrible fir the senior who was sandwiched by them and took me and another guest to pull em back on him, I informed front desk, nothing was done.
Remotes, loved the black electrical tape for the battery covers...you charge enough, replace them if they are broken. I won't send you the bill for the $5.99 batteries I bought to replace the ones in the tv remote, that ones on me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ultimately there is something magical about a visit to The Coeur d'Alene... With idyllic landscape, year-round activities, and its spectacular setting at the shore of one of America's most beautiful lakes, it is no wonder that Coeur d'Alene has been christened the "Playground of the Northwest". We have mastered the art of relaxation. With luxurious accommodations, rejuvenating spa treatments, sumptuous cuisine, and breathtaking holiday displays, this four-star resort continues to be the destination of choice for discerning travelers worldwide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Coeur d'Alene Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- The Coeur d Alene Resort Coeur d Alene
- The Coeur D'Alene Resort Idaho