“Fantastic vacation location”

The Coeur d'Alene Resort
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I joined our friends at Coeur d'Alene Resort for 4th of July. We stayed at the resort for 5 nights and loved our stay. The resort has everything you could want in one spot, restaurants, cafe, lounge, spa, indoor pool, and shops. Plus there is a free water taxi that will take you over to the golf course area for the outdoor pool and beach; and golf. My husband and I do not play golf, but there was plenty to do at the resort the 5 days we were there. Plenty to do at the resort or walk along Sherman Ave (just a block up) to shop and dine, or walk around the city park and beach nearby. My husband and I took the sea plane tour over the lake one morning and loved seeing the lake from the air, the pilot was very good and informative.

Our room was very comfortable and had a great view of the lake. Room includes the amenities you would expect at a resort, bathrobes, mini bar/frig, hairdryer, iron, safe, etc. The bed was very comfortable,my husband has back problems; so that is very important to us. Our room was #1491; which is at the very end of the hallway, so was very quiet; also very nice.

We had breakfast a couple of mornings at Dockside; very good food and service. Other mornings, I could get my Starbucks fix from the cafe in the lobby; another perk I enjoyed. One evening after a night out, we had dessert at Dockside; I highly recommend Gooey's desserts; (may want to consider sharing). We had drinks at Whispers lounge nearly every evening, either inside or outside on the patio (which is very nice with firepits); again the staff was very friendly and I enjoyed trying their special Huckleberry drinks. The resort offers shuttle service to and from some area restaurants. We had dinner at Cedars floating restaurant one evening; which is great to be able to have dinner and drinks with friends without worrying about driving; just tell your server when you are ready to leave and they contact the resort shuttle service.

I never did find time to try the spa. I did tour it; and it looks fantastic. I look forward to going back and trying their spa services. I was surprised that the prices at the gift shop at the resort was comparative to the local shops; I bought several Huckleberry food items from the gift shop for friends.

We really enjoyed our stay at the resort over the 4th of July, everyone we met was friendly. We look forward to making a trip in the fall or winter to compare. We have heard CDA has great Christmas lights.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KVadenca
Doug B, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for your kind review of the Resort. It was nice to see that you enjoyed many of our popular activities and amenities during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

There are newer reviews for The Coeur d'Alene Resort

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Excellent getaway . Beautiful rooms for everyones taste. Great shopping on main level and on Sherman Avenue. Food is fantastic, staff is wonderful & very accomadating. Shuttle boats take you to their beautiful 18 hole golf coarse that has a computerized island green on the 14th hole on the lake.
Ate @ the wonderful Asian resturant, Bonsi Bistro, across the street from the resort. Absolutely devine & reasonable prices.Outdoor seating and a beautiful sushi bar inside, great service and cuisine. You won't go wrong going there. Always something going on at the resort such as parasailing, plane rides, georgeous park, swimming area, marina etc. Enjoy, and tell them we sent you!!!!!!

Room Tip: We chose to stay in a beautiful suite on the 11th floor overlooking the lake and marina. It also had...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit to the Resort. I will share your kind reviews with our Resort staff members and pass along your compliments to our popular Bonsai Bistro Restaurant staff as well.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This trip, I had the opportunity to stay in a room at the CDA Resort overlooking the lake. It was a beautiful view from the room with fireplace, patio and sitting area; a perfect retreat. The service was exceptional as always. Since I was the organizer for a business group, and it was raining, the bell desk accommodated us with extra umbrellas for our outdoor activity. This was a lifesaver for us and very much appreciated. Way to go bell desk. We ate at Dockside in the hotel. Suggest if you order one of their sundaes to share it!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kare P

Thank you for organizing your group visit to the Resort. I'm glad to hear that everything worked out well during your stay. I will pass along your compliments to the staff.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had a wedding at Hayden Lake and stayed there first but then moved to this location. Wish we were here the entire time..it was amazing. The boat to the infinite pool was fun and special, the infinite pool is spectacular. Our room was terrific, great view and new and beautiful and large.
Lots of fun things to do ...we did a Pedal boat and a ride on the water plane. Would have done more if were there longer.
The best rate I got was by calling the hotel and asking for their best rate.
Everyone at the hotel is super helpful and sweet and wonderful...and I'm from New York!!!
Hotel is beautiful, car valet is very responsive. Dockside restaurant was disappointing...only complaint.
Best location for that area.

Room Tip: Best Rooms are in Lake Tower...they have decent views. WE stayed in room 281...HUGE...even had a se...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

We appreciate you being our Guest and will share your kind reviews with members of our Staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort sometime soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My family and I were traveling from Whitefish MT to CDA on Thursday 7/3 and got in late. Jamie and the Front desk went above and beyond to make our arrival and stay to notch. Thank you Jamie and CDA we had a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments regarding Jamie at the Front Desk. I will be sure to pass along your compliments.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This place grew on me. At first I thought it was just another "plastic palace" in a nice setting, but it is not. The Coeur d'Alene Resort is an outstanding full-service destination situated in an incomparable location. The Hotel is beautiful and well maintained, the rooms are large and tastefully appointed, the staff go out of their way to be helpful. The food is very good. There are many nearby activities, some run by the Resort and others by independent outfitters located nearby. The resort is on the shore of Lake Coeur d'Alene: large, blue and beautiful.

My wife and I attended a medical meeting at the Coeur d'Alene Resort in July. The resort related activities were carried out without a glitch. During our free time we enjoyed the lake, rode bicycles on the Coeur d'Alene trail, Centennial Trail and the Trail of the Hiawatha. We kayaked on Lake Fernan and I jogged every morning on the Centennial Trail. Tubs Hill (located next to the Resort) was an easy hike with scenic views. As part of the meeting, our group took an evening dinner cruise on Lake Coeur d'Alene: very pleasant and well done. I was told that golf at the Resort is very good, but we did not play.

This is a five-star resort with excellent meeting facilities, staff and nearby activities. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room on a high floor with a lake view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DoctorPaul
Doug B, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit to the Resort. We appreciate you you being our Guest and look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

This hotel provides great rooms and excellent service for a good value. The location cannot be beat. A beautiful views of the lake. Also, the downtown areas are just out the front door. Hotel restaurants are all very good. The all day espresso stand (Starbucks) is an added plus. We have stayed here several times over the last ten years, and we have never been disappointed. In addition, there is a decent sized conference center attached, so this hotel is also an option for a company wanting to hold meetings or retreats in a great location.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are amazing. Great views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your nice comments and return visits over the years....We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort sometime soon.