My husband and I joined our friends at Coeur d'Alene Resort for 4th of July. We stayed at the resort for 5 nights and loved our stay. The resort has everything you could want in one spot, restaurants, cafe, lounge, spa, indoor pool, and shops. Plus there is a free water taxi that will take you over to the golf course area for the outdoor pool and beach; and golf. My husband and I do not play golf, but there was plenty to do at the resort the 5 days we were there. Plenty to do at the resort or walk along Sherman Ave (just a block up) to shop and dine, or walk around the city park and beach nearby. My husband and I took the sea plane tour over the lake one morning and loved seeing the lake from the air, the pilot was very good and informative.
Our room was very comfortable and had a great view of the lake. Room includes the amenities you would expect at a resort, bathrobes, mini bar/frig, hairdryer, iron, safe, etc. The bed was very comfortable,my husband has back problems; so that is very important to us. Our room was #1491; which is at the very end of the hallway, so was very quiet; also very nice.
We had breakfast a couple of mornings at Dockside; very good food and service. Other mornings, I could get my Starbucks fix from the cafe in the lobby; another perk I enjoyed. One evening after a night out, we had dessert at Dockside; I highly recommend Gooey's desserts; (may want to consider sharing). We had drinks at Whispers lounge nearly every evening, either inside or outside on the patio (which is very nice with firepits); again the staff was very friendly and I enjoyed trying their special Huckleberry drinks. The resort offers shuttle service to and from some area restaurants. We had dinner at Cedars floating restaurant one evening; which is great to be able to have dinner and drinks with friends without worrying about driving; just tell your server when you are ready to leave and they contact the resort shuttle service.
I never did find time to try the spa. I did tour it; and it looks fantastic. I look forward to going back and trying their spa services. I was surprised that the prices at the gift shop at the resort was comparative to the local shops; I bought several Huckleberry food items from the gift shop for friends.
We really enjoyed our stay at the resort over the 4th of July, everyone we met was friendly. We look forward to making a trip in the fall or winter to compare. We have heard CDA has great Christmas lights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ultimately there is something magical about a visit to The Coeur d'Alene... With idyllic landscape, year-round activities, and its spectacular setting at the shore of one of America's most beautiful lakes, it is no wonder that Coeur d'Alene has been christened the "Playground of the Northwest". We have mastered the art of relaxation. With luxurious accommodations, rejuvenating spa treatments, sumptuous cuisine, and breathtaking holiday displays, this four-star resort continues to be the destination of choice for discerning travelers worldwide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your The Coeur d'Alene Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- The Coeur d Alene Resort Coeur d Alene
- The Coeur D'Alene Resort Idaho