“Couer d'Alene Resort - Tops”

The Coeur d'Alene Resort
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Clermont, FL
“Couer d'Alene Resort - Tops”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I attended a meeting at the Coeur d'Alene Resort earlier this month. This property is located on a lake with magnificent views of the lake and mountains surrounding the lake. The lodging facilities are well appointed and comfortable. The conference center is spacious with lots of variable sized meeting rooms. Several dining options are available in the resort as well as the adjacent downtown area.

Room Tip: Ask for a sleeping room in the Lakeview Tower.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here this fall. Thank you for your positive feedback of our facilities. Please, stay again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
Southeast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here for three nights for a conference. I was very impressed. I had a room with a lovely lake view and a step-down couch area with a fireplace (which added a fantastic cozy aspect on chilly nights!). The bed was very comfortable and the room was spotless. Room service was prompt and professional. I hope to return again.

1 Thank SoutheastJack
Thank you for your kind review of The Coeur d'Alene Resort. We loving hearing positive feedback from our Guests. We hope to see you again, soon.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Coeur d'Alene Resort has many of the pluses and minuses of a true resort. The setting, on the lakefront, is beautiful, as is the lobby. The rooms look nice, but the hot water in the shower in my room never worked right (the maintenance worker came quickly when I called, but wasn't able to make it much better), and the plumbing in the room of the colleague next door dripped. Wireless internet was free, which is not always the case for a resort, but parking was $17 per day. The fitness room was reasonably clean, and had some equipment (stationary bicycles, steppers, weights), but I was surprised it didn't have any treadmills. The meals catered by the hotel were quite good, as catered meals go. I didn't go to any of the restaurants, but there are some nice ones nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ANSMET4
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your review of The Coeur d'Alene Resort. I apologize for the plumbing issues you had in your room and for your colleagues as well. Those rooms will be more thoroughly looked into when they are not occupied by Guests. The recent multi-million dollar remodel we had done included tripling the size of our recreation center, including six treadmills. Thank you again for your feedback, I hope you are able to come and stay again soon.
Twin Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Recently went to the resort for a business conference. There were a couple pros and cons.
Pros - Nice large rooms, beautiful view, within walking distance to a couple fun places.
Cons - We had asked to have our bedding changed and they did not, we had to call again and ask. They left the sheets for the sofa bed in a pile on the floor. The two beds in our room were also rather small. Offering double beds vs queen making it a tight squeeze if sharing a room for business.
I requested a conversation with the lady in charge of the food for our conference to talk to her about my options for dining gluten free while at the convention, I never did get a return call or a room call.
I would certainly stay here again, however for the price of the hotel there were a couple things I was expecting to be a bit nicer. The spa was very friendly and the Dockside restaurant downstairs was nice and had a gluten free menu.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake have fireplaces
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at The Coeur d'Alene Resort. I am disappointed to hear our bed types were not made clear to you at the time of booking; this is our standard when a guest reserves a room directly through one of our agents. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return in the future.
Everett, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I recently stayed here for a conference. I had heard this was a beautiful hotel and location. It is that, but I was disappointed in our room. We reserved a room with queen beds, but they are not queens, but double beds! Our room was on the second floor with no view but overlooking a rooftop. The room was freezing when we entered and I turned up the heat and then went to dinner. When we returned, it was still cold and cold air was blowing through the vents at 78 degrees. I went down to registration desk and asked if we could change rooms. They instead sent up an engineer to our room. He removed the panel and apologized that someone had closed off some valve so that no heat could come through but it was now fixed. He cranked it up to 90 degrees and said to leave it there for about 15-20 minutes. It did warm up but we could not find a balance.
The room got increasing cold and early in the morning we turned up the heat with little success but listened to a whining sound from 4:30 AM until we got up.

I went to my meetings at the conference and then returned to our room in the afternoon and it was freezing again! I went down to the desk and again complained about the temperature in our room. The desk person left I guess to talk with her supervisor and after 5 minutes decided to move us to another room. I was made to feel like I was bothering them by complaining.

I travel a lot especially on business and I would have expected some type of apology or possibly a discount on our room or upgrade or some type of recognition for all that we had been through especially given that I had my 80 year old parents with me.

On a good note, we enjoyed the Dockside restaurant for breakfast and their floating restaurant called the Cedars. But unfortunately I would probably not return here.

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying on the second floor.
1 Thank MKBredeson
Let me begin by apologizing profusely for the temperature issues in your room. That is an issue that should never have happened and that room is going to be dealt with right away. As the Front Desk Manager I will also immediately follow up with the staff who obviously failed to meet yours and our service standards.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I get to vist this beautiful town twice a year on business and there is really no other place to stay. Pretend your in New York City and splurge on the finest lakeview room with fireplace and balconey and it's still cheaper than most NY hotels. The rooms are truly outstanding, Cedars floating restaurant is consistently great, the golf course world famous, what's not to like?

Room Tip: Lakeview suite can't be beat
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I love your comparison of The Coeur d'Alene Resort to New York City, it is very accurate price wise! Thank you for your review, hopefully we will see you again soon.
Bainbridge Island, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

From the moment you drive up to the Coeur d'Alene Resort, you know you've found something very special. The landscaping and setting combine to set the stage for the beautiful facilities, overlooking Lake Coeur d'Alene, rated one of the five most beautiful lakes in the world for a REASON. Rooms are outfitted with top-notch furnishings, linens, and facilities, overlooking the lake and complete with private balconies from which you can see the marina and beautiful boats below. Delicious breakfasts and lunches ( we did not eat dinner here), great bar facilities with prices the same as prices charged for the minibar in the rooms. Fantastic pool - - one of the prettiest I've seen anywhere - - and amazing spa with every luxury and amenity imaginable. Located on the edge of Coeur d'Alene's charming downtown, it is easy to walk most anywhere for shopping and dining. Boats and shuttles deliver you to the famous golf course with its floating green, and the infinity pool overlooking the lake adjacent to the golf course. Many boats to rent, or on which to tour the lake - - you can really enjoy the water and not just look at it.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview room in the south tower !!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor.com. I am pleased to hear your stay with us was so pleasant. We strive to keep our facilities operating at 5-star quality and our recent multi-million dollar remodel has successfully helped us in doing so. Our staff will look forward to a return from you in the hopefully, near future!