“Can't wait to go back”

GreenLeadersSilver level
seattle
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have stayed at the resort several times and it never fails to disappoint. The recent remodel looks incredible and the service has always been top notch. We took the complimentary shuttle to Cedars Floating Restaurant and the food was fantastic. We will be back to Coeur d'alene Resort.

Room Tip: Request a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank careygreg
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
We cannot wait to have you back, thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Although the resort is a trifle above the places we usually stay, we have been here several times over the last 20 years, and it has never disappointed. The rooms are nicely appointed, clean and quiet; the beds are firm and comfy. The views of the lake, even when it's cloudy and overcast are beautiful. When we arrive, we relax immediately, and then anticipate a wonderful meal at the Dockside. (Diabolically, the hotel has a newly expanded workout center!) The resort is beautifully maintained and very well-run. Their staff is the friendliest I have ever met, and over the years that has included folks in reservations, housekeeping, maintenance, and at the end of our last visit, even a kitchen worker, who, finishing her shift, rode up the garage elevator with us and wished us a safe journey home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sky_Castles
We have been working very hard to make every aspect of your stay enjoyable! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I've stayed at the resort several times and this time topped them all. My room had the most amazing views and was clean and spacious. The food and service at the resort is top notch. I'm always amazed when they can serve food to hundreds of people and the food is still warm when it gets to you. I checked my bill before leaving and was charged incorrectly for minibar items, but I called downstairs and they took it off immediately. The geese were visiting balconies this week, so watch for some spys outside your room - they are beautiful!

Room Tip: ask for a lake view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, hope to see you back soon!
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We just stayed 2 nights at the Coeur d'Alene Resort part business & part play. The staff was responsive, helpful & efficient in their duties & went the extra mile for us. The Resort is newly remolded which is welcoming and modern. Food & beverage was top notch. Lake views were amazing in our clean and comfortable room. The Resort was busy with a conference but we did not wait for service. We have stayed many times at the Resort and it has become a favorite. Well worth the stay.

Room Tip: Any room with a lake view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff M
Katie L, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you for your review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were at this resort for a convention this past weekend. Our room was good. We had a great view of the lake and even though the room was smaller then what we had last year when we stayed we were good with it. Unfortunately our bedding had vomit down the left side ;-( Hotel maint. came and changed the bedskirt and the top blanket for us. So I was ok with that.... I would have thought they would have changed rooms for us but I am not one to throw a big fit. Later that night we tried to put some snacks we bought in our fridge. The key wouldn't work. Finding out later it was the wrong key. When we did get the right key we discovered moldy food in the fridge. I think this was my topper. If the bed had vomit and the fridge had old food what else wasn't cleaned? When I went down to the front desk I wasn't happy and because I didn't get the answer I was looking for I left and went back to my room. A Manager called us and moved us to a different room. They were nice enough to give us the Honeymoon room. Which made our entire weekend. What an upgrade. Only downfall was I could not get our heat to turn on Saturday but I just kept turning the fireplace on. Also we had a $100 charge on our credit card that wasn't just a pending charge we were actually charged. When you check in and they ask for your card you get a $100 misc charge just in case you use something in the room. Which we were not told when we checked in. Make sure to ask about that when checking into your room. If not for the manager giving us an upgrade I would never go back to the resort. But thankfully she saved our weekend.

Room Tip: I like both of our rooms but we had a view of the lake in each. If you don't get a view of the l...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Carrie A
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay, and also for the constructive criticism. I have shared your comments with our management team so we can address the issues you have brought up. We sincerely apologize and hope that you will visit us again under greatly improved circumstances.
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I was in this hotel for a training convention this weekend, and it was amazing. Beautiful room with an amazing view overlooking the marina.

The beds were amazing, and probably one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.

After a bit of a snafu with the computer system going down, the hotel took care of everything.
There were a couple hundred people at our convention, and I didn't hear one complaint from anyone about anything.

The prices in the in house restaurant are a bit high, but not so much as to cause me to go elsewhere.

WIll gladly stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: If you can get a room overlooking the lake take it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2012

we had such a good time last saturday night staying at the resort! And the remodel is awesome
The Dockside brunch is fantastic.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Chelsea V, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed yourself. See you back soon!