“Wonderful Conference Location!”

The Coeur d'Alene Resort
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed 4 nights at this wonderful resort right on the lake in Coeur d'Alene. The room had a small balcony, a huge bathroom area, plus a separate dressing area. Loved the bed being a elevated above the living room area for a spectacular view of the lake.

The high speed internet is worth paying for compared to the slower free service. The conference facilities were nice as well. Only wish we did not have to pay separate internet fees in the conference location and the hotel room.

The staff was so friendly and the my room was immaculate. I was truly sad to leave this resort hotel. Cannot wait to come back next fall!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Katie L, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2011

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,700)

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This resort is a VERY LARGE resort. It is not set up like any other that we have been too, so at first it is VERY confusing where to check in...that would be at the FAR end of the entrance building, this could be problematic if you have lots of luggage and or cannot walk too far. We were ok after we were directed 3 times :-)

The rooms are nice, but be ware on being on the 6th floor this is the NOISET floor, well at the far end, as the entire 7th floor is a big restaurant and bar, there are several meeting rooms that have food service, room service is done from teh 7th floor and so you have a LOT of racket all day long with walking or more like running of personnel, banging of dishes, tables being moved around and what ever other choatic noise it ALL penetrates right down to the 6th floor and no rest. Dont' book on the 6th floor if so, be sure you won't get any rest!

Our room was not a lakeview, but we did see the beatiful 6 story parking garage which you can only park on levels 3-6, so that leaves the valet parking the first 3 levels. The rooms were nice, cleaned every day - very well and the cleaning crew were very friendly.

The restaurants were absolutely wonderful, not over priced like one would suspect for a "resort" The sunday brunch is a MUST, they have it all, from yummy desserts, to made to order omlettes, crapes, waffles, pancakes and even have prime rib, turkey and ham :-) The floating restaurant was the best, they had a varitety of steaks, prime rib and rack of lamb to mention just a few. The rack of lamb was outstanding and was done just right. The Bonsi across the street was an experience our waiter Bobby was awesome, he explained eerythign just right without complicating the order, well that would be not confusing us on what to order :-)

This resort has lots to offer at a higher price than a typical nice hotel, so if you like the great outdoors, waters, hiking and relaxing, this resort would bit it. Now if you are a golfer, there are many other golf courses in the area rather than the resort course which is VERY expensive to play just to say you played on a floating green. The Avalon is nice course and not to far of a drive, there are several others in the area too. Unformtuantely were at the resort for business, so did not get much time to spend there and enjoy more of the activities, but we may return in the warmer months and enjoy all that is has to offer.

Room Tip: Don't get the 6th floor!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and also for the constructive criticism. I have shared your comments with our management team so we can address the issues you have brought up. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed in the resort for one week on business. The rooms are designed like no other I have stayed in; they are very large and very comfortable for use on business or for a vacation. Basically a multi-room design - I liked the way that the bathroom/toilet/shower area was separated from the dressing area (closets, dresser, sinks) by a wall, which was then separated from the bedroom/sleeping area by another wall, which was then further separated from the sunken living room (couch, chairs, fireplace) by two stairs down. The large windows provide great views of the lake and the balcony was adequate. The bed was comfortable and allowed me an easy sleep; I travel so much this is often not the case. I gave the resort and all but one category the top rating. I downgraded "cleanliness" because on two days, the maid service did not clean the room or only cleaned part of it. When I called to complain, they I asked me if I had my "do not disturb" sign on which I did not. I made use of the gym which was adequate and ate in the dockside restaurant which was good. On my last day I was able to sneak out of work early and play at the resort's famous golf course. It was in great shape for being so late in the season. Since I had no equipment with me, they were able to provide me with everything from clubs to shoes, gloves and balls at a great package price. In walking distance from the hotel there are several great restaurants and shopping opportunities and there are also great places to run nearby. Ask the hotel for the trail maps and directions to run up and around Tubbs Hill. The hotel is about a 45 minute ride from Spokane Airport. While they will provide you transportation for a fee, I recommend renting a car while in the area. The hotel has a large parking garage which you can use for a daily fee unless you work out a deal in your reservation package. Lastly, the staff at the hotel was always professional, courteous and helpful. You should enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Katie L, Manager at The Coeur d'Alene Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you had such a great time visiting Coeur d’Alene and hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Great view in the $400 per night room. Staff was slow to clean and the fireplace didn't work. Someone looked at it the first day but never returned nor described the problem but it never did work. The price is high for off season (late October) so based on that they could have done better. All a question of value; and this fell short. If the price was $199 a night I would have said tops.

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I apologize for the slow service demonstrated by our staff and the fact that your fireplace was not fixed. I will share your feedback with the appropriate people so as to hopefully prevent this from happening to another guest in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

I enjoyed a two-night stay at the resort while on business and relaxed in an extremely well appointed room overlooking the lake. The Dockside Restaurant was conveniently located near the elevators and shared the tremendous views of the lake and surrounding mountains. While this was an early fall visit I can only imagine the seasonal changes as each would highlight this beautiful Northwest setting. Welcoming staff were very courteous, efficient with speedy check-in, and helpful in outlining possible sights to visit while in Coeur d'Alene. The room reflected a recent remodel and the furnishings, enormous HD flatscreen TV, bathroom design, and comfort appointments were over the top for an average room. Each room even has it's own doorbell!
I would recommend highly the resort as a perfect place for anyone visiting this area. One item to consider: there are only a few taxis in service here in CdA, the nearest major airport is in Spokane, and a car rental may be a must. The hotel will provide transportation to/from the airport for a price, so ask about it when registering.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Very nice hotel! Exceeded our expectations with rooms, views and helpful and curtious staff! We were there for a family event and it worked out great! The rooms were fantastic and the views....amazing. We wouldn't hesitate to book another family function or couples get-away there. We look forward to our next stay! And...great place for dogs also...we had 2 with us....no problems at all.

Room Tip: Up hight...facing the lake...amazing!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Such an incredible resort. Everything was well thought out. We had a great time and a great view!

• Stayed: October 2011

I am glad you enjoyed your stay.