ACCOMODATIONS: My husband and I traveled with our 2 teenage sons. We had a lakeview suite. The room was spacious, modern, and extremely clean. The bathroom is to die for. It felt like being at a spa with marble everywhere, bright white towels, and comfy robes. We never saw the housecleaning staff, but our room was always made up just perfectily each afternoon we returned to our room.
STAFF/SERVICE: Everyone we encountered was extremely helpful and courteous. They really aim to please and customer service was terrific.
FOOD: We had room service twice. They were able to meet our son's gluten free needs. The food arrived within 30 minutes or less of our order and it was all the correct temperature. We ate at the Dockside restaurant twice. The Sunday brunch is one of the best we've ever had and we also had the regular lunch, which was very good. Along with the conference we were attending, we had a large banquet dinner. We have had many banquet meals with all of the fundraising events we have been to. The meal at The Coeur d'Alene's banquet was the best I have ever eaten. The chicken and beef were very tender and the huckleberry sauce and potatoes were delicious. The "chocolate bombe" they served for dessert was so rich and plentiful that I could not finish it.
ACTIVITIES: There was more to do than we had time for. We really wanted to play on their famous golf course, but there was no time in our schedule. We did go to the new lakeside infinity pool twice where we rode in a mahogony boat from the hotel to get to the pool. When we arrived, the staff set up our chairs with covers and soft cotton towels. The bar service at the pool is fantastic.
The evening boat tour with drinks and appetizers is not to be missed. You will not believe the gorgeous homes you will see, not to mention the wildlife.
I am a shopper, and there is plenty of shopping just across the street from the hotel.
We also took our boys to Silverwood, an amusement and water park not too far of a drive.
All in all, we were completely satisfied with our stay and look forward to returning in the near future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ultimately there is something magical about a visit to The Coeur d'Alene... With idyllic landscape, year-round activities, and its spectacular setting at the shore of one of America's most beautiful lakes, it is no wonder that Coeur d'Alene has been christened the "Playground of the Northwest". We have mastered the art of relaxation. With luxurious accommodations, rejuvenating spa treatments, sumptuous cuisine, and breathtaking holiday displays, this four-star resort continues to be the destination of choice for discerning travelers worldwide. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- The Coeur d Alene Resort Coeur d Alene
- The Coeur D'Alene Resort Idaho