“Attended wedding here”

Ranked #3 of 10 Coeur d'Alene B&B and Inns
Spokane, WA
“Attended wedding here”
Reviewed September 9, 2006

We recently attended a wedding at the McFarland Inn. The Inn is absolutely gorgeous ~ it was immaculate & beautifully decorated. However, we were shocked at how rude the owner was, to the bride & to some of the guests. She seemed to be very stressed and "put out". It is unfortunate, as we enjoy staying at bed & breakfast inns, and we will not be utilizing their services based on her bad attitude and surly disposition. Also unfortunate because it was really a very beautiful & clean inn, and in a great location! If you are looking for a personable hostess, you might consider another establishment.

Stayed September 2006
11 Thank DragonflyMoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2006

I stayed at the McFarland for a whirlwind weekend in Idaho. As a genealogist, I was up for a family reunion in Athol just north of town, so did not get to enjoy as many of the amenities at the inn as I wanted to.

Nancy has a charming home. I arrived late Friday night and she insisted on taking my AMAZINGLY HEAVY suitcase up to my room for me. It was full of scrapbooks for the reunion, so I hope she didn't strain her back!

Unfortunately, I did not get to enjoy breakfast either day (first day, headed out early to the reunion, 2nd day I had an early flight to catch from Spokane). But the bed in the Sherman room was WONDERFUL. Nice and firm, and I'd say at least 400-500 thread count sheets. Very luxurious.

I loved having the Wi-Fi in the room, so when I entered all the new family data I'd gotten during the reunion, I was also able to check some information online as well.

The cable TV was nice, and she even has bottled water and little sacks of chocolate covered nut clusters for snacks. Those came in handy for late night munchies.

She got coffee ready for me extra early Sunday before my trip to the airport, and was very helpful with a local map on Saturday before I headed to the reunion, showing me the best way to get where I needed to be.

Her location is very quaint, near downtown, surrounded by older homes. One of the main drags near her house had some interesting looking shabby chic/thrift stores I wish I could have checked out. If I get back to the area, I'll definitely stay here again!
This has been one of my favorite inns, and I stay in a lot of them.

Stayed July 2006
2 Thank miselainis
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed July 31, 2006

This is a beautiful home very conveniently located near the hub of Coeur d'Alene and the lake. All but one of the rooms has an attached bath. The furnishings are wonderful. The owner, Nancy, couldn't be more accomodating and helpful. She has provided more than most bed and breakfasts...there is the ever-available snacks and the full-sized refrigerator that is stocked with drinks and water, but available for use by the guests. She has also provided a laptop computer complete with internet service. The breakfasts were fabulous. Nancy will even allow her guests to use the laundry room. There has been a negative review of the inn and the owner. Take that with a large grain of salt. Nancy strives (to the nth degree) to cater to her guests' needs but she rightfully expects her guests to respect the property. We stayed (three nights) in the only room on the ground floor. It is quite large and very comfortable. However, if you are a light sleeper and want to sleep in later in the morning, you might prefer to be upstairs. We will enjoy returning to this inn. Several great restaurants are within a pleasant walk from the inn. (We loved the Wine Cellar and Beacons)

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank P.Nelson
Westlake Village, CA
Reviewed May 27, 2006

We enjoyed every aspect of our stay. The Innkeeper is a great cook, elegant decorator, personable hostess and tends to every detail. Breakfasts are unique & delicious each day, the rooms are newly decorated with sophistication (no old B&B frilly stuff), Nancy, the Innkeeper hosts a lovely wine and cheese time. I was pleased to be able to use a computer while there. The Inn itself is a wonderful house, comfortable guest areas, well maintained. Breakfasts served in a newly added sun room overlooking the charming backyard. Our stay here made our trip to Coeur d'Alene very special.

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank GaryDonna
West USA
Reviewed May 2, 2006

The McFarland House is a wonderful B and B. It was remodelled completely in 2005 so the rooms are now functional as well as charming. Breakfast was excellent. The innkeeper is great at steering you to good restaurants. Sure she is new in the business...and busy...but she knows what people want in a bed and breakfast and it shows. My husband ususally complains about some of the bed and breakfasts we stay at...but not this one. It has everything to make your stay in Coeur d'Alene wonderful.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank Western View
Bayside
Reviewed January 13, 2006

McFarland House is a very delightful inn. The food was excellent, and the inn was exceptionally clean. But the owner is over worked and we felt as those we were staying with an irritable mother-in-law. If you want a welcoming bed and breakfast, don't go here.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business