I have nothing but praise for Nancy and the Mcfarland Inn. My husband and I were in town for a few days to have a couple get away. Our flight was late arriving into Spokane and we arrived extremely late to the B&B. This was no issue for Nancy. Most B&Bs would not have allowed us to arrive so late.
The breakfast were amazing. All very good and fresh. We had three breakfast and all were different. The constant was the fresh fruit. YUMM.
We were thrilled to use the bikes the Inn provided to stroll around town. Helmets were even provided.
Our room was extremely clean and comfortable. We stay at many B&Bs and the extras here are wonderful. TV with VHS & DVD players in the room. A huge selection of VHS & DVDs. Free Wifi. Top notch towel and soaps. The wine and cheese hours at night. Access to the full house. Even a guest refrigerator. Free water and sodas. She even allows you to have food and drinks in your room. She also had a hand held steamer and allowed me to use it on my dress.
We stayed in the Huckleberry room and it has a clawfoot tub; one of the main reasons I booked that room. I enjoyed my bath. It was a highlight of our stay.
Downtown and the lake are walkable to the Inn.
I honestly have nothing bad to say about our stay. I wish we could stay longer.
I have seen a few people complain about Nancy's rules here on TripAdvisor. The only "rules" I knew about were:
1) You can't use the kitchen. That is a law so not really Nancy's rule. The kitchen is an industrial kitchen used to make food for guest. Not everyone can have access to it.
2) You have to eat breakfast in certain hours. I don't remember the exact hours but it was like a 3 hour window. Again didn't see that as a rule but more of a way for Nancy to have a life. Who wants to be making breakfast all day for guest?
3) You have to sign up for breakfast time the night before. Again, I just saw it as a courtesy to Nancy versus a rule. She needs to know when you are going to eat.
When we are back in the area we will stay here. There is no reason to try any other resort or B&B. For the price this place is amazing. Thank you Nancy for the great job and helping us enjoy our trip to your corner of the World.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The McFarland Inn Bed & Breakfast is one of the most elegant, historic homes in Coeur d’Alene. Built in 1905, we are located on a quiet, tree lined street within walking distance of the lake, park and downtown attractions. For its 100th birthday, the home was completely renovated to add 21st century amenities while maintaining its original charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your McFarland Inn Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- McFarland Inn Bed And Breakfast Idaho