“Yummy pizza”

Antonio's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Challis
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We ordered individual pizzas. The dough was handtossed not frozen. The service was friendly and quick. The salad bar was very fresh and had a nice selection.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Living in Salmon I had heard allot of good things about Antonio's and I have to honest - they lived up to the stories. We really enjoys their pizza and it was a nice drive to get there.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I recently found myself if Challis again on a hunt and stopped in for some pizza. I've ate here several times before as this used to be the only pizza place in town(although there is another pizza joint now-not open on Sun or Mondays though). The pizza has always been mediocre at best, but being a pizza guru, eating daily, I had to stop in but this time was the worst, here goes.
I dropped my buddy off at another restaurant and headed here to grab a mini or some slics. I walked in, stood at the counter for literally 10 minutes with 2 employees that completely ignored me. I almost walked out then, but then a young gal came over and told be the main gal left sick and she was filling in. I noticed some pizzas under a heat lamp and asked if I could just get a couple of slices and a pop, she said sure. She had no idea what to charge and asked the guy in the back, he said $1.50 a slice-seemed fair. So, I eventually paid $5 for 2 slices and a pop. She tried to ring it up in the register but she didnt know how to run it so she ended up calling someone else who said they'd be there in 5 minutes. 10 minutes later the lady called back and told her she'd be there in about 10 minutes. By the time the gal that knew how to run the register got there, all the slices were gone. So, she rang me up and I waited with my bottle of root beer. After another 15 minutes, a pizza came out for slices, combination or something and I just wanted pepperoni or cheese, so I waited. Another 10 plus minutes went by and another odd-ball pizza came out. I waited about another 10 minutes and finally just walked out, paying basically $5 for a bottle of pop. All in all I was there about 1 hour and 15 minutes and STILL never got the mediocre pizza anyway. I will NEVER go back here, not only is the service horrible, the pizza I would give about a 2, maybe 3 anyway. Cant wait to try the new pizza place in town next time. The locals seem to like Antonio's but I'm sorry, if they do, they dont know what good pizza is.

1  Thank ThePizzaconnoisseur
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

A local joint. We had two pizzas and two ENORMOUS schooners of beer. Pleasant homey atmosphere. Pizza not bad and not great but OK. Full strength Jalepenos!

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Antonio's has very mediocre food. But, if you aren't that picky about quality, you'll probably really like most of what they have to offer. I find the pizza unimpressive and would rather cook my own, but I've wound up here a ton of times with friends and coworkers. It's set up nicely for big groups.

The biggest problem is that food takes forever to be prepared. Locals know to call in if you want your food in less than 20 or 30 minutes, or longer if it's abig group ordering several pizzas. The sandwiches are actually a little better than the pizza, in my opinion. There's also the daily lunch special of soup and unlimited salad bar that's pretty popular and pretty cheap.

If you want good food, head to Salmon, Stanley, or cook your own. If you want something that'll get you fed and where everyone will find something they like (especially if you've got kids), Antonio's will work fine for you.

Been to Antonio's Pizza & Pasta? Share your experiences!