“A gem along scenic Highway 55”
Review of Ashley Inn

Ashley Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cascade
Tucson, Arizona
“A gem along scenic Highway 55”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This inn is family-owned, but rather than the usual small, intimate B&B, it is a large, elegant hotel, beautifully furnished in Victorian country style. The Mountainview Suite, with its king bed and sofabed, worked well for our family of three by allowing us to spend the evening together. We took an evening walk to the nearby Payette River, which appeared to offer possibilities for water-related recreation.

Ashley Inn offers a generous buffet breakfast and lovely background music in the dining area. When reserving, I had asked about gluten-free options on the buffet, and to my delight there was an egg casserole labeled "gluten-free."

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jpfafflin
Ashley_and_Katrin, Owner at Ashley Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear JPFafflin, Thank you for your kind words. Hopefully next time you'll be able to enjoy the canoes and kayaks.
Also, we found quite a few guests now like to have gluten-free items available, so we are trying to include more items in our regular breakfast.
PS- I love the way they make the egg strata now, using potatoes and no bread.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here with another couple for two nights the end of July. Our room was quite large, with a sitting area, two queen beds, and a gas fireplace! There's a nice breakfast buffet with cold and hot items, and delicious fresh-baked cookies with milk in the evening! We also had free access to canoes and kayaks nearby! The staff is very friendly and helpful. Great place!

• Stayed July 2012
Idaho, United States
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Still remembering our trip to the Ashley Inn to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary in 2007 this month and I want to return! The room was very nice and felt very homey to us without all the responsiblity (LoL). The bed was comfortable as well and we enjoyed a peaceful, restful night.
Cascade is charming, the people are friendly and the area has that slower pace that a vacation should have. We enjoyed an evening walk around the grounds and through the town and window shopping.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IPRS
, Owner at Ashley Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
We were so glad you could spend your anniversary with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time. Don't forget, you can come up for any celebration! We love to see wonderful people enjoying themselves!
Norco, California
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Being in a small town in Idaho, I was a little worried about what we would find upon our arrival on our maiden voyage to that state. Being from So. Cali and a pretty seasoned traveler, I thought I might have too high expectations, so as we traversed the beautiful countryside with it's quaint but dated hotels and motels along the way I braced myself for what we would find. As we passed the tiny antique theater (only open 2 nights a week and that's in the summer), pharmacy that also sells clothes that is also an espresso bar (love that place), I further downgraded my expectation....when VIOLA, this gorgeous looming building comes into view. I thought if the inside was anything like the outside, we were in luck! Needless to say, walking into the lobby was breathtaking with it's lounge patterned after a Victorian living room complete with crystal chandalier, grand piano, and winding staircase. Still, I would not put away my trepidation completely until I laid eyes on our actual room. The staff was wonderful and we collected our keys, when we opened the door all I could say was WOW. Gorgeous. Such attention to detail from the pillows that match the wallpaper to the books on the mantle. We had a gift basket with cheese, crackers, chocolate, Idaho huckleberry jam, and coffee cups. In addition, a bottle of sparkling non-alcoholic "champagne" with fluted glasses. I can't tell you how special we felt! In spite of the beauty of the property from room to pool to hallways to dining room, my absolute favorite is the jacuzzi bath surrounded by french windows, complete with aromatherapuetic bath salts and the ability to choose your own underwater light colors. Don't worry, there is a gorgeous marble walk in rain shower for the guys. While the beauty of Cascade lake and the surrounding mountains were glorious, I loved being able to so look forward to going back to our room! For me, the Ashley Inn was the highlight of our trip and wished we could have stayed longer than our two nights.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Islandaway
, Owner at Ashley Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
You have a lovely way of putting things. Thank you for your review of The Ashley Inn. We hope you will be able to tell your friends in So. Cal. also. If you ever come when it's warm like July or August, you will be able to use of kayaks or canoes. Thanks again, Ashley & Katrin, Owners
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I am shocked every time we visit The Ashley Inn at how relaxing it is! Life seems to be put on hold the minute you walk through the doors. My kids enjoy the pool for hours while I sit in the hot tub or read a book lounging in the wicker patio furniture. Cookies at 8:00pm are a big hit - although we are generally watching a movie in our room (from their amazing library), we count the minutes until the time they are served. Sometimes we will get a pint of ice cream at the front desk to accompany the delicious hot cookies. Just thinking of it makes me want to hop in the car for a weekend retreat! It is our favorite place to visit - if you haven't been there, don't wait - you won't regret it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Nampa, ID
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stayed one night at the Ashley Inn along with some friends. Our rooms were beautiful (our friends had the Governor's Suite which is gorgeous and really deluxe). Everything about the hotel was very warm and inviting, from the decor to the friendly and helpful staff, to the lovely heated pool and hot tub. The beds & pillows were very comfortable. I was really amazed at the quantity and quality of the breakfast that was provided, especially considering the few guests that were there (mid-week) at a very slow time of year. We found the atmosphere very relaxing, they had soft, beautiful music playing that caused me to feel uplifted. The warm cookies they served at 8pm were delicious. I took a morning swim in the pool and it was great. Loved it all.....can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank IdahoDiver
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed December 31, 2011

It's the personal touch that sets this apart from an ordinary hotel--both in the service and in the way they decorate their property. We were there the day after Christmas, and everything was gorgeous, even the hallways were decked out. It's the luxury that sets this apart from an ordinary bed & breakfast. The amenities such as the in-room fireplace and therapy tub (with bubbles and light show) make this really the best of both worlds: both fancy and intimate.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mr A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cascade
Tamarack Resort
Bear Creek Lodge
Bear Creek Lodge
#4 of 10 in McCall
Owyhee Cottages At Tamarack

Been to Ashley Inn? Share your experiences!