“great service,Good food,Good price”

Grandma's Homestead Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Cascade
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boise, Idaho
“great service,Good food,Good price”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Home cooking,Great food at a good price.Try their homemade soup.Nothing out of the can. The waitress was very nice.I will be back.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Mike H

Donnelly, Idaho
“Wait forever for terrible food? Never again!!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stopped in for lunch. Parking lot was empty, but restaurant was fairly busy. I ordered a hot beef sandwich, which they featured on their menu and my wife had a grilled cheese sandwich. First of all, when my bread gets that stale, I toss it. Gravy was luke warm. I think they flavored the mashed potatoes with ammonia. My wife said her said her grilled cheese was also terrible, and her fries may have been palatable when they were fresh, but who knows when that was. Skip this so called restaurant whatever you do!!!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Idaho_hick
McCall, Idaho
“Mid-week breakfast - Service and Food were very good”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I decided to give Grandma's another try. I was hungry and wanted a quick breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted quickly, with a menu and coffee to be poured. The young waitress was very eager to please, and she was quick. I had eggs over easy, hash browns and sausage; with a homemade biscuit. Food was brought quickly and everything was hot (one of my pet peeves if not). I devoured the meal. And I complimented the waitress with a large tip, because this had not been my previous recent experiences.

I've been here a few times over the years. The food is usually good, but in the past the service was not. There is one middle-aged waitress that is really, really slow; overlooking tables with used plates, and not being attentive to customers. Often, I would catch her nibbling snacks from the salad bar (yes, she would put her snacks in a plastic dressing cup). Sometimes I would wonder if she actually "worked" there or just helped out?!? I think I spotted her on the day I was there and was soooooo happy I had the "new girl". I'll try this place again, but will request my attentive waitress serve me.

Prices are reasonable. Varied menu with breakfast served all day. Decent salad bar. The atmosphere is "Cascade Kitchen" decor - this is a local spot and you will pick up some local news and gossip as the regulars talk to each other from separate booths, tables.

Good luck if you stop in. I'm anxious to hear other comments.

• Visited February 2011