“Clean, comfortable room; unattractive location”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Caldwell Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Caldwell
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Clean, comfortable room; unattractive location”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here four nights in mid-April, 2012, having booked the room online. Our room was really quite comfortable and clean, with a comfy King-sized bed and all the expected amenities. The rest of the place was less appealing. The hotel is located amongst truck stops and gas stations. Outside the front door is a pitiful, gaudy "fountain" overlooking a gravel lot. The lobby is very plain, with a meeting room immediately inside the door where a church service is held on Sunday mornings. The breakfast bar is well-stocked, but the food was very mediocre in quality: frozen bagels, rubbery, pre-cooked eggs, etc. The staff were pleasant whenever we needed anything.
As a place to lay your head, this hotel is fine. But it offers little more than that...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
stacy w, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Caldwell Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
I do want to really thank you for your review. I love hearing back from our guests, about how we can improve our hotel. I must admit that I have spent a lot of time making sure everything in your rooms is as perfect as possible. The beds are all brand new pillow tops, the sheets and towels are all way above the standard. It is important to me that you are comfortable in your room. We check them all the time, and were awarded the Ultra Clean award for our rooms, but after reading your review I looked around the lobby and agreed that it could use some improvement. Therefore I just had the breakfast bar, completely redone, the furniture is getting redone, and we are thinking about new tile. So again thank you for the review. I do want to say though that the hotel is located in central Canyon County Idaho, yes we are close to the freeway for convenience, but we have some of the most beautiful and fertile farm land in the whole world. We produce 90% of the world supply of corn seed in this county; we also have a large number of beautiful wineries in the county, so a short drive from the hotel is some beautiful senic land of Idaho. We can help you at the desk with self guided Agra- tours. We have many crop signs along the way, to help you understand what we produce and how. So maybe on your next trip to our area we could send you out to see, some of the beauty in our county.

Stacy Ward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
madison wi
Reviewed April 19, 2012

we were traveling cross country and made a reservation over the phone after reading reviews here. TIP;( probably a good idea to check date of the review's you read here to determine how current they are!)
We entered past two large garbage receptacles topped by sand ashtrays and literally overflowing with upended cigarette butts, the front desk was abandoned, ten minutes later the clerk arrived and apologized that she had been booking a wedding reception for the breakfast room. The hotel is filthy, the carpets, elevator, and common areas are not even close to how Best Western describes its "Plus" properties. The room was worn and mediocre. The first floor smells damp and moldy probably due to the proximity to the pool and wet children running up and down the hall. The breakfast was mediocre, the coffee was undrinkable. The staff does not appear to have a standard of professional training or demeanor, rather like they have been left to run the place by themselves for a little too long. I would recommend a hotel further down the road in either direction as there are quite a few to choose from.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank catherine k
I would like to thank you for your review. I truly want to hear from my guests. I am sorry for the experience that you had with us. I believe that you caught us at an extremely busy time, and the staff was running a little short. I would like to assure you that we shampoo all the carpets in the hotel on a rotating monthly basis. All of our guest rooms have brand new Serta pillow top mattresses in them. The full hot breakfast that we serve in the hotel, is above Best Western Plus standard for breakfast. We serve eggs, sausage, potatoes, every morning. We bake our own sweet rolls every morning, and cookies every afternoon. We really understand about children running from the pool. They are just excited. We do have three floors, in the hotel, and are always willing to put people on the higher floors to get you away from the pool. That also leaves the bottom floor open for the families with children. So again I am sorry for your experience with us. If you would like to give me a call, I would love to talk with you further.

Stacy
Altamont, Oregon, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My husband and I arrived at the Best Western Caldwell Inn to stay 2 nights and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel itself is located immediatley off the interstate and was easy to find, and although located in such a busy-traffic area, we heard no traffic noise. The single king room we stayed in was more spacious than many other hotels that we have stayed at and very comfortable. The only issue was that a overhead hanging light over the table in the room needed a little attention from housekeeping, but over all, the room was clean and spacious and provided more than we were expecting. The service from the Desk Agents was good, the breakfast was good, pretty much just a standard continental.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We drove from Oregon to Idaho to visit family. We did not make reservations before getting on the road so we just picked hotels and I called from my cell phone. The first thing that impressed me was the helpfulness on the phone of the clerk. I called other hotels and no one answered, so I had to leave a message. I never got a return call from the others. At Best Western they were immediately helpful and friendly. The price was comparable with the other hotels, but they did not have a hot breakfast included. They had a great variety of food that was well prepared. It was quiet and a convenient location-right off the freeway. It was also very clean. If we ever need a place to stay on the same trip, we will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OregonGogo
Metro Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel was an overnight stay on 3-week road trip so there was a lot of opportunity for comparison to other hotels including some Best Westerns. It was OK for 2 very tired travellers however. Room was clean but halls & common area carpets needed a good cleaning. Room had comfortable furnishings, well arranged for comfort with micro & fridge, good AC & flat screen TV. However the king bed mattress was ready for replacement & sheets were scratchy. Vanity & bathroom were small & cramped with so-so lighting.
Location was convenient to freeway and freeway noise was minimal & no problem. Exterior grounds were attractive & staff was friendly. Also on the plus side breakfast fare was above average & very good. Considering the price we felt it should have offered more since it was a BW Plus property so I'm giving it a mixed review. We probably wouldn't stay there again if in the area, mostly because of the bedding. They could do better!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wiserandolder
stacy w, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Caldwell Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
i want to thank you for your review. i want you to know that i read these reviews and listen to my guests. we want our guests to feel welcome and at home here. if there is something that we can do to improve, we are up to the task. i want you to know that we are right in the middle of replacing all the mattresses in the hotel, with brand new serta pillow top mattresses. so if you were to come again, you would be sleeping on a brand new pillow top. no more counting sheep.
California
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Enjoyed our stay! Staff was friendly and helpful! Appreciated Linda letting my 8 year old daughter and I enjoy the pool "after hours" :)

Will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cowboysmom
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed here with my husband for business for 4 nights. Rooms not fancy, but super-clean. Front desk staff is super friendly and accommodating. Free newspaper & breakfast. nice pool and hottub. Small gym, but pool and gym open 24 hours. Jets aren't super-strong, but the water is super-hot. Everything worked, including wireless internet. The hot part of the breakfast is not spectacular, but it has a nice continental breakfast (breads, fruit, yoghurt, cereal). Coffee, cookies and iced tea available free in lobby 24 hours. Would absolutely stay here again. Very reasonable rates, especially given the pristine cleanliness and nice staff!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caldwell
La Quinta Inn Caldwell
#5 of 11 in Nampa
Hampton Inn & Suites Boise/Nampa at the Idaho Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boise Nampa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nampa at the Idaho Center

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Caldwell Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!