“Old Building, Cheap Silverware & Glasses, Typical Buffet” 3 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Golden Dragon Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 84 Restaurants in Caldwell
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boise, Idaho
“Old Building, Cheap Silverware & Glasses, Typical Buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

The restaurant is in an old free standing building in Caldwell. I would never have tried it since the exterior turns me off. Unkempt parking lot, building needs paint, and a name like Golden Dragon is enough to keep me from entering...but an organization I belong to had a luncheon meeting here I wanted to attend. The service is fabulous and the only reason I gave it a decent rating. The wait staff is attentive, friendly, and sincere. I believe they really do their best to keep the place clean yet when you have old, scratched, and cheap plates, utensils, table, and chairs, you can only do so much. The buffet is mediocre at best. The selection is good with appetizers, soups, rice, noodles, desserts, and basic typical Chinese buffet items and the taste is OK. Yet the ingredients and preparation are not top quality. The beef was awful and had the consistency of mush. The Egg Foo Young was heavy. The fried items salty salty salty. The price was 7.95 for all you can eat. Perhaps the menu items would be the way to order to get hot fresh food but the quality of ingredients was just not there and did not make me want to try it again.

• Visited July 2013

Caldwell, Idaho
“Recent visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have driven past this restaurant many times, so when a friend took me to dinner there I was quite excited. What a let-down. The buffet food was warm, not hot. The deserts were good. There was a good selection of food. Wait staff, were friendly. Definitely not the best Chinese food that I have eatern.

• Visited April 2013
Friday Harbor, Washington
“Worst food ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Food was greasy and disgustingly processed. Found a hair fried into the crab pop. When I told the waitress she said it doesn't matter it could bw anyones hair and the management wont do anything about it. We wont be back. We we're warned but wanted to form our own opinion. Wish we had listened.

2 Thank btanis61
Ogden, Utah
“My family enjoyed the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

We like to get the diner for four and then combine different meals like Orange Chicken, Ham egg Foo Yong, Sweet and Sour Soup, or Chow main. The shrimp is batter and deep fried. The food is delicious and the service was friendly and fast.

• Visited April 2012
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Not my cup of saki.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

Ok, so I didn't think this was so great because I don't normally eat deep fried food. I will say the the buffet is clean and well stocked. The salad area was a little lacking. The desserts were pretty good. If you wanted a big variety, I think this would fill the bill.

• 4 of 5 bubbles