“Best of the best”

Dining options: Reservations
Payette, Idaho
“Best of the best”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This restaurant is the best restaurant around. Great food, great service, great atmosphere.
I family friendly restaurant with a bar that serves Asian cuisine and American.
We eat here at least once a month. My favorite thing on the menu is the mandarin chicken with a side on onion rings. I know onion rings with Chinese food? Trust me it is a good combo here. The rings are home made and served with a sweet and sour sauce. Mmmm....
Reservations are recommended but not always necessary.
A full bar and on Friday and Saturday they have live music.
Try this place and you will make it a favorite.
Please note; They are closed on Sunday s and Monday's.

• Visited April 2014

Fruitland, Idaho
“Oriental Flavor”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I usually get to Orphan Annie's about once a month even though we live about 35 miles away. I am Japanese-American so I love Japanese food, and yes this place reminds me of the old East Side Café in Ontario, OR. They even have some of the same original waitresses from the East Side. I always order family style and order egg foo yung, pork or shrimp chow mein, sweet and sour pork or fried rice and sometimes mafa chicken or mandarin chicken. Their beef w/broccoli is also excellent. This restaurant always have "locals" patronage all the time. Great family atmosphere. Also, they welcome birthday people and special occasion days to all. Eat here if you're near!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank smokejumper1967
boise
“ adding this place to my favorites list!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We will start with the ambiance, casual yet refined, I instantly relaxed and felt like I was walking into someone's home when we entered. The service was top notch, very friendly and helpful. The food......I wanted to gorge myself it was so good!!! The best Mandarin Chicken I have had in 20 years!!! Ignore the nay sayers above they have no idea what they are talking about!!!

Boulder City, Nevada
“Don't choke on the Mafa chicken!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our hotel's front desk recommended Orphan Annie's. After a long trip, we thought it sounded like the perfect place for a good meal and to unwind. The atmosphere seemed promising and quirky and it was full of patrons -a good sign, we thought. We ordered a few beers (and the one plus was that they served Tsingtao) and I ordered the seafood stir-fry while my partner ordered the Mafa chicken.

When our dishes arrived, I didn't notice any obvious clams in my dish even though the menu said both shrimp and clams would be served. The sauce was sticky and overly sweet and as another reviewer mentioned, the rice congealed and mushy. But it was edible and I thought maybe the clams were shelled and I would find them as I continued eating. My partner got a plate of what appeared like fried chicken nuggets. They were very dry, no sauce and when he bit into the first one, he got a nasty surprise of bone and connective tissue. Thinking that it was a fluke, he continued to eat with every nugget containing some kind of bone or tissue. This was NOT bone-in type fried chicken- they looked like boneless chicken nuggets from the outside.

When the waitress brought the check,my partner mentioned his disappointment that there was so much bone in his dish. Her response was that, although no mention of this was made on the menu, that this dish was made by cutting up a half of a chicken and frying it. She conferred with the owner and came back to say that was the way the dish was made and that he was just out of luck, basically. She said that people did order it boneless but it would be dry that way (his was dry that way!). I then decided to inquire about the clams in my dish. She immediately said that she had NOTICED WHEN SHE BROUGHT IT OUT that there were no clams. She even indicated an empty bowl she brought to the table for the shells. Her exact words were "I wondered where the clams were when I brought it out.".

After conferring with the manager, she gave me a whopping $2 off my dish for the missing clams. Although I will give her credit for trying to resolve our complaints, I felt that especially the dismissal of my partner's complaint of finding bone in nearly every nugget of chicken was a blatant lack of regard of customer service and satisfaction at the management level.

• Visited November 2013
Sonoma, CA
“Great place, reminds me, of the long, gone Eastside Cafe, Ontario, OR”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

A great place to gather for very tasty Chowmein, great fried rice, very tasty sweet and sour pork, and to watch a game on the large television. Great selection of beers, very friendly and attentive wait staff.. The owner-operators are from the long, gone Eastside Cafe of Ontario Oregon. It was a great place to gather, share a meal, see a game, and speak of the 'old days... A medium drive from Boise, but really worth the drive...

• Visited October 2013