“Add this place to your must visit list”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Orchard House

The Orchard House
Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Caldwell
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
boise
“Add this place to your must visit list”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Some of the best food & service I have experienced! I have traveled extensively and have not found anything better at using fresh & local ingredients than the Orchard House. The ambience only helps to enhance the visit. No matter the time of year or time of day you are sure to remember the quality of your visit. I do suggest that if you miss the summer months though to be sure to make a special trip to experience their patio, nothing better in Idaho!!!

1 Thank boisecandyman

Meridian, Idaho
“Alright but nothing special”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

When you live out in the area by the Orchard house you have some pretty slim pickings, this being pretty much the only game in town unless you want to head into town. If this were not the only game in town I'd probably look elsewhere as there was nothing special about our meals there.

Mother and father in laws really enjoy the pies they have, however I wasn't head over heals for them.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank aver2801
Nampa, Idaho
“I highly recommend it”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a very nice little restaurant with a fun, friendly atmosphere.

I was quite favorably impressed that when our server took my water glass to refill it, he held it more than halfway down from the top. His fingers were nowhere near where I would be drinking from it. I don't see such well-trained staff very often!

I did not check the boxes below for reservations, delivery, or late night only because I don't know about those.

My husband and I have been there several times. It is always an enjoyable, relaxing experience.

• Visited April 2014
Caldwell, Idaho
“We'll be back”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Took the parents to Orchard House today, on our way to the wineries. We've driven past it several times, just never pulled in. Today we went by design.
We liked the place, they loved it.
It was lunch time, a poor time for evaluation. Tough to really shine. But they pulled it off nicely.
Two of us had BLTs, and I really appreciate fresh, full-leaf lettuce with my ripe tomatoes and crisp bacon on my toasted white bread. Check, check, check and check. One of us had a burger, with a slab of quality ham and a fried egg on it, on a good quality bun that held up. Her comment was that she wants to go back for a ham and cheese, to get more of that ham. The fourth had a meatloaf sandwich. He was able to eat half. The inch-thick slice of meatloaf was a contributing factor, the sides available were the other.
There are several sides available with lunch, one of which is soup. Today, of the four, yes four, soups available one was mushroom-brie bisque. "Meatloaf" and I had the soup. It was delicious, but also very filling. I almost finished my BLT, the second half of his meatloaf defeated him and left with us in a box.
And then there are the beignets. Don't think, just order them. I have never seen anything disappear so fast in my life.
Service was good, no complaints. No standouts either.
Why not 5 stars? It was lunch. We'll be back, for breakfast and for dinner. I suspect the 5 will result..

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rob L
Provo, Utah
“Chicken Fried Steak and Prime Rib sandwich yum”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Service excellent. Salad fresh good blue cheese. Spouse had chicken fried steak was good. I had the prime rib sandwich really good with horseradish spread. Friends had fish and chips also good. Had peach pie great crust awesome. Features local wines and others. Good beer menu, too. Over all good.

• Visited February 2014