“Alright but nothing special”
Review of The Orchard House

The Orchard House
Ranked #2 of 86 Restaurants in Caldwell
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2014

When you live out in the area by the Orchard house you have some pretty slim pickings, this being pretty much the only game in town unless you want to head into town. If this were not the only game in town I'd probably look elsewhere as there was nothing special about our meals there.

Mother and father in laws really enjoy the pies they have, however I wasn't head over heals for them.

1  Thank aver2801

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a very nice little restaurant with a fun, friendly atmosphere.

I was quite favorably impressed that when our server took my water glass to refill it, he held it more than halfway down from the top. His fingers were nowhere near where I would be drinking from it. I don't see such well-trained staff very often!

I did not check the boxes below for reservations, delivery, or late night only because I don't know about those.

My husband and I have been there several times. It is always an enjoyable, relaxing experience.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Took the parents to Orchard House today, on our way to the wineries. We've driven past it several times, just never pulled in. Today we went by design.
We liked the place, they loved it.
It was lunch time, a poor time for evaluation. Tough to really shine. But they pulled it off nicely.
Two of us had BLTs, and I really appreciate fresh, full-leaf lettuce with my ripe tomatoes and crisp bacon on my toasted white bread. Check, check, check and check. One of us had a burger, with a slab of quality ham and a fried egg on it, on a good quality bun that held up. Her comment was that she wants to go back for a ham and cheese, to get more of that ham. The fourth had a meatloaf sandwich. He was able to eat half. The inch-thick slice of meatloaf was a contributing factor, the sides available were the other.
There are several sides available with lunch, one of which is soup. Today, of the four, yes four, soups available one was mushroom-brie bisque. "Meatloaf" and I had the soup. It was delicious, but also very filling. I almost finished my BLT, the second half of his meatloaf defeated him and left with us in a box.
And then there are the beignets. Don't think, just order them. I have never seen anything disappear so fast in my life.
Service was good, no complaints. No standouts either.
Why not 5 stars? It was lunch. We'll be back, for breakfast and for dinner. I suspect the 5 will result..

1  Thank Rob L
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Service excellent. Salad fresh good blue cheese. Spouse had chicken fried steak was good. I had the prime rib sandwich really good with horseradish spread. Friends had fish and chips also good. Had peach pie great crust awesome. Features local wines and others. Good beer menu, too. Over all good.

1  Thank Stephanie G
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stopped by here again for breakfast the other day...it is always excellent...the buttery hashbrowns are very good..I always go for my standard meal of bacon,eggs,hashbrowns and sourdough toast and I always enjoy it..have also eaten lunch,hand made finger steaks, and dinner,Prime Rib, and of course Ice cold beer...would recommend this place to everyone...and of course there is the views of orchards,the Snake River,and the Owyhee Mountains

1  Thank Onionguy

Been to The Orchard House? Share your experiences!