“The Orchard House, Caldwell ID”
Review of The Orchard House

The Orchard House
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Caldwell
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our first visit was for breakfast on Memorial Day. Service was pretty slow, perhaps we got forgotten, and maybe it takes longer for the kitchen to turn out the food -- we will return again and see if it's "that kind" of restaurant. You know, the kind where you need to have a snack before you go to it.

But--DON'T let that stop you from coming to eat here! OMG! It was the best food we have had in our two months of going around the area to see what there is to eat. The best restaurant pancakes I have ever had. L ordered blueberry pancakes, and they came with fresh blueberries inside and out. I had the portobello and spinach scramble and it was delicious. Worth the wait, absolutely. Fresh, locally sourced food. Heaven!

The restaurant is so cute, inside and out. The gift shop has a great selection. I will think of it when I need to buy hostess gifts in the future. There is also a little candy store with lots of interesting choices. Oh, and they make everything they serve, including desserts which we have to try next visit. I was eyeing the salted caramels which were shaped and wrapped like Tootsie Rolls.

On Hwy 55 outside of Caldwell, Idaho, a perfect road stop if you are passing through. Lucky me, it's 22 minutes away from work! Can't wait to go again for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We ordered steak and shrimp, the steak was cooked medium and the shrimp cooked tempura style. A garden salad with a side of blue cheese dressing was delicious. The meal includes garlic cheese biscuit and fresh green beans. We ordered a pelican slice of pie to go. Our total price for a meal fr two was $44.

The light colored wood interior was elegant and cheerful. I was surprised at the value offered. The waitress was friendly and helpful. It was a nice anniversary dinner location.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had a nice visit in Idaho wine country and stopped into The Orchard House. The service was prompt and friendly. They had a great array of Idaho wines to choose from and some surprising gourmet items on their menu. The server suggested the onions rings which I didn't think would pair with my Sawtooth Winery red blend but I was thinking outside of the...big city limits...They were amazing...freshly battered with a hint of spice. Great place to stop!

1  Thank winelver456
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Orchard House is a very good place to eat both lunch and dinner. It is set in the middle of Idaho's fruit and vineyard area about 10 miles West of Caldwell. When the orchards are in bloom in the Spring, it is a delightful place to visit. They also have a nice patio dining area plus a good selection of locally produced wines.

1  Thank Roundupready
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I love the homey, roadside atmosphere of this place and have dined here several times. The omelets cannot be beat but at lunch and dinner--salad aside you will be hard pressed to avoid flour. There is gluten in nearly everything (and 3 out of 4 servers here will stare at you blankly if you ask if there is gf bread or buns). Order bottled water. The tap water is very metallic tasting. There are fun little gifts and local Idaho wines sold here too!

Been to The Orchard House? Share your experiences!