“Dinner”
Review of Amano

Amano
Ranked #18 of 99 Restaurants in Caldwell
Description: Amano is a craft Mexican kitchen that delivers tradition in a vibrant and modern setting. We source carefully and prepare honestly to deliver the smell and taste of Mexico. From tortillas hechas a mano using heirloom corn from Oaxaca, to Mexican specialties, cocktails, beer and wine that highlight the local harvest of Idaho, we deliver a hand-crafted experience hecho Amano.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a new restaurant in downtown Caldwell, Idaho. Located in a turn of the century bank building with two large vault rooms for special occasions. It’s a real Mexican Restaurant with food made in the style of central Mexico. No Texmex here. No chips and salsa to start with. Besides most chips are out of a bag and salsa from a jar. At Amani , which means hand made, that’s what you get. Hand made tortillas and everything else fresh and good. The refried beans are like nothing you’ve ever had. Excellent!

I spoke with the owner,Salvador. He was busy writing the winter menu. New menu means more good food. The restaurant is new and still needs to find its place but as long as Salvador keeps the food good at a reasonable price in good quantity, I’ll be a fan.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (8)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I went here for brunch today. I had the Sinaloa Shrimp Tacos and she had the enchiladas. Both choices were excellent, although I do agree the tacos were a big thin. We could taste the freshness. The atmosphere is convivial and friendly. The service was a bit slow, but they’re newly opened and will surely hit their stride. The decor, in an old bank building, is mid-century with a beautiful restored ceiling. An excellent addition to downtown Caldwell, and definitely the best Mexican food in Canyon County.

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

We were invited by friends to have dinner and drinks here before a concert. We like what they did with the place. It has a fancy feel. I had the ceviche and my wife had tacos. The ceviche was excellent. It was perfectly put together with just the right amount of all ingredients. The corn tortillas with the tacos however were a bit thin. They did not hold together while eating. We recommend they be made a little thicker or use less water in the masa. On this particular Labor Day Sunday they had only one bartender so drinks game a little slow, however they are so worth the wait. They are amazing. I am told they usually have two bartenders. We will be back.

Reviewed August 24, 2019

We went to their soft opening and were very impressed. I liked everything about it. The staff was helpful with all our questions. The wine list had many local wines. The chips were fresh and their 'salsa' had a smoky sweet taste. I had the enchiladas. They were outstanding with some heat but not too spicy.
This restaurant will be a great addition to
downtown Caldwell.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank vanzone11
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

Went and tried this New Mexican restaurant in town. Atmosphere is great. Nice open airy with mid century modern Mexican decor. I had shrimp tacos. Delicious! We had chips and guacamole. It was good but a little skimpy. Go give it a try.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank KeniF

Been to Amano? Share your experiences!