“Extra Night in Buhl, Idahi”
Review of Oregon Trail Motel

Oregon Trail Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Buhl
Louisville, Kentucky
“Extra Night in Buhl, Idahi”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was on a 17 state motorcycle trip out west and I picked this motel because it was not a chain property. Before I left on my trip I had make reservations for 2 nights here and I reseached it on this site. This motel lived up to the good reviews it got. My room was very nice and cozy and clean. They also had what they called a small Trail breakfast in the morning in the motel office. The breakfast consisted of coffee, tea, toast, bagels, oatmeal and some danish. It was also a gathering place to talk with other people who stayed there. The motel was motorcycle friendly and let me park my motorcycle under cover by the office everynight I was there. Then my motorcycle broke down and I had to spent another night there. They were full for that night, but they let stay in one unit behind the motel that was still being remodeled. The room was still very nice on the inside, it just needed a paint job on the outside. Another nice about this motel is that restaurants were within walking distance, but most were all Mexican, sorry to say, but they had Angry Orchard cider on tap and that is my drink. The only negative thing for this motel was parking lot not paved.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Larry H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

+ Very good price quality relation! Super friendly welcome at reception, with extensive explanation on what to see in Twin falls and where to eat. Room is decent, clean with all as expected. Breakfast is very basic, but gets you on the road.
- Very much noise of the airco, also from the airco of neighbours and from the refrigerator. On the other hand, glad we had both!
Tip: Twin falls; go see the view on canyon with snake river and the shoshone falls. Eating at Elevation 486 should be very good!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very clean, nice beds, Rick is a great host. We usually stay in the large national branded hotels, but took a chance based on what the trip adviser reviews indicated. The reviews were right on target and our stay was great, and the bonus is the price is excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank randk77
Reviewed September 3, 2013

As others have said, the office staff is very welcoming. I also found the room nicer than expected, and actually kind of stylish. This is a clear winner for the money, although there's a very limited choice of eating in Buhl. It also has a nice little breakfast buffet in the office, which was surprising considering the cost. For sixty bucks I was satisfied. I like the rooms where you can back right to the door and unload tour gear.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This motel took me by surprise, honestly I didn't expect much for how inexpensive it was. Manager was very nice and helpful. Rooms were very clean, had an updated and fresh feel to them and the bathroom had more than enough room. All the rooms had parking right in front of the room, as a motorcyclist that is a very atractive option security wise. Friend missplaced his key in his luggage, when he found it he just called the manager up who said just drop it in any mailbox and it will get back to him. We drove out of our way to stay here, but will most likely plan to come through here next time to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The Oregon Trail was the first stop on our cross-country trip from Washington State to Washington, D.C. We arrived late, after a long day of driving. The office was closed, but the manager appeared in a minute or two after dialing the provided number. After a smooth, super-quick check-in, we settled into a clean, attractive, comfortable room for the night. The bed was cozy, with quality linens. The shower provided great water pressure and nice, long-lasting hot water. The room was quiet--we slept like babies. I'm not sure if I've ever had this much value in an affordably-priced motel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

For a motel this inexpensive, I did not have high expectations. Boy was I wrong! The motel is super clean, cute and comfortable!! The rooms are WAY more spacious than they look on the outside. The owner is amazingly friendly, and there is even a complimentary breakfast in the hotel office (we ate in our room since the office is small) Included in the breakfast was bottled water and bottled orange juice. SO happy we stayed here. The owner had a crib (a real crib, not a cheap pack-n-play) set up for us in our room when we arrived for our toddler. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Akmorgan79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buhl
La Quinta Inn & Suites Twin Falls
Best Western Plus Twin Falls Hotel
Shilo Inn Suites - Twin Falls
Shilo Inn Suites - Twin Falls
#10 of 14 in Twin Falls

Been to Oregon Trail Motel? Share your experiences!