Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bonners Ferry
Reviewed August 31, 2014

I was travelling on business and the travel consultant booked up at this hotel. At first I thought it was a typical BW motel. We arrived at a beautiful hotel and casino. The room was enormous and included a safe as well as first rate cable stations. We had excellent wifi. We had a nice breakfast in the dining room and a wonderful dinner on the deck by the river. The food was good and the wine selection above average for rural Idaho.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LenSchwartz
KootenaiRiverInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

Tragic really. Nicely situated on the river. Claimed smoke free rooms, but check in is a walk through smokey casino, and smoke must be transmitted from clothes and hair of gamblers, as the room looks new and clean, but a shock of musty smoke stepping in. Spent time on balcony to avoid smoke, but made it tough to walk back in. Would avoid if children. Rooms tough on my adult lungs!

If you are a smoker, you just can't smoke in room, view is beautiful. If not, don't come here. Stay in Sandpoint. At least until hotel settles down the cloud of blue smoke at front door

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for completing the TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Reasonable food prices, good food, beds are comfortable. Remodeled side and new side are available. Remodeled side has the river views. Two sides of the casino, one offers non-smoking. Bingo hall also on premises and small deli. Within walking distance to the older part of Bonners Ferry.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank wicked1Idaho
KootenaiRiverInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us regarding your experience at our facility.

We appreciate hearing from our Guests and I will make sure your comments are passed on to our team.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Rooms were clean and good size. The quoted price did not match what we were charged at check-in by a few dollars. The main complaint was that the clerks made us move our bikes from under the overhang, even though storms were forecast for the evening. This is the first hotel, in all my rides, that refused to allow bikers to park under the overhangs during inclement weather! No more Best Westerns for me!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
KootenaiRiverInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We had a good time nice clean rooms. And very friendly staff will go back! Well review wants min of 200 Characters So very pretty setting . Wich I think is very DUMB So I give tripAdvisor an F+ all day long why can't I say what I only want to but no they want 200

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
KootenaiRiverInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. I apologize for you not being able to share with everyone (more than 200 characters) your recent experience but I can tell you our entire team here at the Kootenai River Inn Casino and Spa will read your comments.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for one night. I would not recommend bringing a pet. My dog was completely infested with fleas after staying here. I know they are from the hotel because she was groomed right before we went and I spoke with the groomer she definitely didn't have them prior! I also know that they were from the room because fleas are highly uncommon where I live. I spoke with the vet and he has rarely every seen them and when he has it is from travelling elsewhere. It was disgusting! She was covered in them. I did phone the hotel to let them know, but fleas are hard to get rid of so short of ripping the carpet up and fumigating the room I don't know that this could be resolved!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear about your experience as I am very concerned about your comments. This is the first I have ever heard of this at our facility.

In researching this issue, we have no record of any calls to our hotel from you and would like to visit with you on this.

Please call me at 800-346-5668 at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Love the river view and the bathroom shower! Love the casino. We always seem to win or lose very little. Like a vacation here. The staff are very nice and helpful. The food is good, the town is quaint. Not sure what else to say, they want me to have a minimum of 200 characters...why???

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with us. I will make sure our entire team sees your comments.

Thanks again for staying.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonners Ferry
Dodge Peak Lodge
#3 of 4 in Bonners Ferry
Western Pleasure Guest Ranch
Northside School Bed and Breakfast

Been to Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!