“Nice comfortable rooms”

Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bonners Ferry
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed here 3/28/14. Ended up with a jaccuzi and fireplace suite which was great. Very nice furnishings and decor. The bed was comfortable too. The jacuzzi tub was big and spacious and felt wonderful and the fireplace next to it was very romantic! The only thing we didn't like about this place, was the long, long, long, long walk from the casino down this really long skinny hall all the way to the end. Which, I guess that was all they had left. The good thing about this though,was that it wasn't very noisy because we were the last ones down on the end! We had fun in the casino, we lost a lot, but won some of it back! The Springs restaurant was nice, and we got a seat by the windows overlooking the river. The food was pretty good, and the wait staff were attentive and friendly. Overall the friendliness of ALL the employees was good, which is a plus. Very concerned about you as a guest and making you feel comfortable and like home. All in all, we will continue to take a few trips up there every year to "just get away from it all"!

Room Tip: Just make sure to ask for a room that is closer to the casino if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
KootenaiRiverInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments. We appreciate hearing from our Guests and take great pride in our facility and product.

We look forward to seeing you here again soon.

All the best,

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We have been going to this Inn for upwards of 15 years. The newly room re-models have made a huge difference in the quality of the rooms, very nice. Not over the top, just very nicely done. The on site restaurant is really good, nice river views, and reasonable. Even the deli is ok if that is what you are looking for. The casino is kinda funny, broken into 3 different sections, but once you find what you like, it works fine. You can drink on the casino floor, but getting drinks can be abit difficult. They have one small walk up bar(kind of) and the same gal roves around taking drink orders leaving a "back in 5 minutes" sign on the counter. We just remember where we are and chill out and enjoy being there. The resort has starting making aggressive offers to their regular customers, thank-you to them.

Room Tip: Most all rooms have a small deck overlooking the river, now have room service:)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank theperry5
KootenaiRiverInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I will be sharing these comments with our team. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 208-267-8511.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Staff, location, new Lodge rooms and food. The Kootenai River Inn has it all. When working in Boundary County I always look forward to staying at the Kootenai River Inn. The front desk stafff go out of thier way to be helpful. The resturant has great waitstaff that treat you like an old friend, the food is really good too! The new Lodge rooms feel as though you are in a luxury in a mountain retreat. I highly recommend...and I am VERY picky.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Thank M. Elizabeth R
KootenaiRiverInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is a wonderful place to go to. I like to go at least several times a year. As soon as I retire, I will be going more often. It's a total blast. They have built a tunnel to walk through, into the town of Bonners Ferry, All the stores are really neat, and all the business owners, are really nice. This Best Western is really great, if you like to watch trains, and are a rail fan. Just stay on the second floor, and you are in train watching paradise.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I appreciate your kinds remarks regarding the facility as well as our beautiful town. I will make sure our team is aware of your comments. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 208-267-8511.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel was very clean, and staff was very friendly. Spa got me in with no advance apt to have my nails done and a pedicure. The views are awesome and it did not matter where you were all staff members great. We will definitely book in here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Because I have had bad experiences when I stayed at other hotel casinos, I was leery about this hotel but because of it's convenient location to the downtown, I gave it a shot. I could not have made a better choice. The room was excellent with great views of the river. I did not use the internet. The only down side is the proximity to the train tracks.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2014

What a great hotel to stay. 1 night was too short. The upgraded room was so comfortable with a balcony overlooking Kootenai River. The casino was a lot of fun with a lot of choices as to what one would like to play. We had dinner at the restaurant which is in my opinion A1. What a fabulous dinner of prime rib, by there are many other choices as well. Be sure to stop - stay and play -you will go again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Dodge Peak Lodge
#3 of 4 in Bonners Ferry
Northside School Bed and Breakfast
Western Pleasure Guest Ranch

Been to Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!