“A great deal”

Bonners Ferry Log Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bonners Ferry
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Stayed one night at the end of a 31-day trip and were really pleased with this place at a reasonable cost. It is not fancy, but has a certain charm. The new-looking pine-pole furniture included several seating places, a round table and bedside tables. The bed was comfortable.

The only thing missing was a refrigerator and microwave, although there was plenty of space for them in the room. The owner said people leave too much mess with these available!

Breakfast consisted of a poppyseed cake and coffee.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bonners Ferry Log Inn

Reviewed August 28, 2009

This little motel was perfect for our trip. The couple that runs it went out of their way for us--couldn't have been more hospitable. The rooms were clean and the property was well cared for. A reasonably priced, comfortable place to stay. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2009

The beautiful log decor was so relaxing. The bathroom sink and mirror area was huge. We wished we could have stayed longer. What a treasure! Would definitely stay again. Limited TV stations and internet access went out, but the rooms more than made up for it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2008

This is the 3rd year in a row we have stayed at the Bonners Ferry Log Inn and it will be the last. The past 2 years we have loved staying at the Inn and looked forward to it again this year. My husband and I are non-smokers and especially sensitive to smoke. The Inn had up to this year been very clean and pleasant but not this year. I sent an e-mail confirming my phone reservation with the Inn, specifically stating that we would need a non-smoking room. Upon arrival, as soon as I opened the door to the room I smelled smoke but decided to see if my husband thought the same before I said anything. He remarked on it as well so I asked the desk clerk if we could switch rooms. Unfortunately, they were booked and could not make a change. The clerk said that the room we had was converted from a non-smoking room to a smoking room in January and that it had been cleaned and re-painted. She was very pleasant and offered to help us find another hotel. I asked her to let the owner know that I was very disappointed that having specifically requested a non-smoking room that we did not get a smoke free room. We knew the area was very busy and the possibility of finding another hotel was remote so we decided to stay. I did notice someone had been smoking outside of the room next to us, but the smoke smell was clearly coming from inside our room. A bit later David, the owner, came to our room and asked what the problem was. When I explained the situation he became very rude and disrespectful. He said that he couldn't smell smoke and therefore we must be wrong. I can understand why he didn't smell smoke because he clearly was a smoker and had a strong odor of smoke. I'm sorry we seemed to cause him to be so defensive, but we deserved more consideration than he was willing to give. We left early the next morning without going into the office because we did not want to encounter David again. When we got home I discovered and extra $20 charge on our American Express from the Bonners Ferry Inn. I did not authorize this charge and can only imagine it is because we left the keys in the room with the door open, knowing that the cleaning people were in the area. I am surprised and disappointed at the hostile reception and extra charge from the Inn.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank LoveTravelAdventures
Reviewed August 27, 2008

We booked a room here on our way to Glacier National Park and liked it so much we booked another night a week later on our return trip. The rooms were quite large and bright, with pleasant decor and very clean. Nice flowers around the property. Quiet at night. Coffee, tea, orange juice, and fresh lemon-poppy bread were offered in the office/gift shop each morning. The owners and staff were all courteous and helpful, and the price was the best lodging deal we had on our vacation.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2008

What an incredible & pleasant surprise. The first place we stayed on a 2-week motorcycle trip to Vancouver Island and the Canadian Rockies and it set the standard to which we held all other facilities. First impression, rooms, beds, showers, cleanliness & friendliness all rated "10" (our top score). It was a delightful, small inn. The owners were extremely personable; the office was also a cute gift shop; lots of fresh-brewed coffee. We were late arriving and the keys were "under the mat" - no problems, no hassle. Rooms were spacious and log furniture was very appropriate to location. We'll be back every time we're in the area.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim044
Reviewed July 18, 2008

I stayed at the Bonners Ferry Log Inn for three days in July '08; I enjoyed my stay very much. The bed was comfortable, the a/c was cold and the hospitality (as well as the room decor) warm and inviting. The morning breakfast consisted of fresh, strong coffee, cold orange juice, and a lemon-poppy bread that was downright addictive. Thanks to the owners for making my stay so pleasant. I'll be staying there again when my future travels find me in that area once more.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank alexnova
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonners Ferry
Dodge Peak Lodge
Dodge Peak Lodge
#3 of 4 in Bonners Ferry
Best Western Plus Kootenai River Inn Casino & Spa
Northside School Bed and Breakfast
Western Pleasure Guest Ranch

Been to Bonners Ferry Log Inn? Share your experiences!