“Decent road trip meal”

Kootenai River Brewing Company
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Kootenai River Brewing Company is a Brewpub located on the Kootenai River in downtown Bonners Ferry. Children are welcome and pets can be on the outside deck. We make and serve at least seven craft beers in our tap room ranging from a light pilsner to a barrel aged stout. We are known for our smoked meats and our fish and chips and burgers.
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Family friendly, decent food and good beer. Service was a little slow even though there weren't many diners. We tried the fries with garlic and Parmesan and they were inedible...WAY too much garlic and cheese (I wouldn't have even thought that was possible!). The waitress even commented that she could SEE there was too much garlic but made no effort to offer a new serving or even a discount. We've stopped several times and probably will again.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Good food-Great service-We go here often when up there to see our daughter. The atmosphere is friendly and more often- Entertaining.This staff KNOWS where their tips come from!

KRCB, Guest Relations Manager at Kootenai River Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thanks Brandy! Love to hear from our Sandpoint customers! Don't forget Oktoberfest on October 5th for more GREAT entertainment!!!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Been here many times before (as evidenced by my prior review), but the last 3 were just that, the last three chances for them to keep me coming back. Food has totally went down the crapper, very, very inconsistent. Beer....awful with exception to the porter, which is marginal. So sad. If they could just get the beer right. Most drink it because it is there, a 'local' place, gotta support it, even if it sucks. Sad. Go hire a really good brewmaster who has tastebuds and samples his own beer. And the SERVICE or should I say the NONEXISTENT SERVICE. Holy crap, service is absolutely horrible now. The last time, and I mean LAST TIME, we went, we were greeted by the waitress and then a good 30 minutes went by before drinks came out, then another 30 minutes before she came to take our order. Meanwhile, the table in the next section had seated, ordered and received their food. She finally came back, took our order to only come back literally 30 minutes later to tell us they were out of prime rib. 2 hours and 17 minutes after entering the place we got our food. I talked with a manager and was told "yeah, we're busy tonight". Really? Cause I saw a lot of empty tables!

Anyway, don't waste your time on this place.

2  Thank MoeFlatlander
KRCB, Guest Relations Manager at Kootenai River Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Patron,

We are sorry to hear about your recent negatively perceived experience with our establishment. It is assumed that your most recent visit was Saturday 9/21, as you did not specify, but is the only evening we serve prime rib.

Thank you MoeFlatlander for you review of the Kootenai River Brewing Company. We hear a lot of feedback from our customers and welcome the comments, input, and suggestions whether positive, negative or indifferent. We seek to take this feedback and work towards providing the best customer service possible.

It goes without saying that microbrew is not for everyone. We are happy to hear that you "marginally" enjoy the KRBC Porter. People have different tastes. That is why we have 7 taps of varying styles for customers to sample. For those of you reading this response please let us tell you that we do offer "tastes" before committing to a flavor if you are unsure. We also offer a sampler tray of 4 ounces each of all seven beers for $7. You will also frequently find our brewmaster in house providing these samples to customers inviting feedback. We are more than willing to answer any questions about our beers, as well as provide tours when possible.

As the Hospitality Manager I speak with many customers throughout the week. I have reached out to every person who has expressed a negative experience that has been brought to my attention. To date not one person has contacted me with any further information about their visit or complaints, such as what day they were in or what time, who their server was, or what we could constructively do to improve customer satisfaction. I am publicly inviting you to contact me at the restaurant with these details so that I can work with our valued customers to ensure quality service.

Waiting 30 minutes for a beverage in a brewery is not acceptable. Based on your review I would have to call this timeframe an exaggeration. Providing details of your visit would be helpful to me, as well as other customers, insofar as noting that on the particular evening you are referencing the restaurant was hit by two large parties at once and this could account for other empty tables. Trying to accommodate 22 people at once on 2 different tables is very different than seating the same 22 people at 6 separate tables. I would assume this may have been a contributing factor. Also, if a keg has to be changed this can affect delivery time as well. As I said, you are welcome to contact me with details at (208) 267-4677.

For future reference to those who will read this review and response KRBC would like to let our guests know that we offer a 14 oz. Prime Rib dinner for $20 on Saturday evenings beginning at 4 p.m. We accept reservations and they are encouraged on the weekends with early evening being the best time to arrive if you are desiring a Prime Rib Special. We look forward to your patronage.

KRBC Hospitality Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2013

All of the beers- loved them. The food was terrific. If it's in season, get the Scottish Ale. The steak was done well, salads fresh.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We found our own table and sat and sat and sat. The two tables next to us gave their orders and then received their food. We still sat there. When the waitress walked RIGHT BY OUR TABLE...THAT's when we got up and left. Can't rate the food as they never gave us a chance to taste it....OR drink anything!

2  Thank sdrnek22
KRCB, Guest Relations Manager at Kootenai River Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear sdrnk22,

We apologize for your experience. Our goal is total satisfaction for every patron and try our hardest to make every visit a pleasant and positive one. To hear we did not live up to that standard, especially in customer service, is disheartening and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience. We have sent you a private message in hopes of discussing this further and learn how we can we can be better in the future.