“Very good bakery”

Bread Basket Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Bonners Ferry
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sandwiches and breakfast items, bread & pasteries
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
“Very good bakery”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We were driving from Sandpoint home to Alberta and on the way we planned to stop here for breakfast and pick up a snack or two. We thought we had missed it as it is on the far north side of Bonners Ferry. However we spotted it just when we thought all hope was lost. I had the breakfast sandwich and my aunt had the breakfast burrito; they were the two breakfast items left. They were okay, could have used a little more flavour, perhaps some salsa or something. The atmosphere was nice, there were several people eating breakfast. I purchased a couple of cookies and donut for later, all of which were delicious.
Next door is Sharon's Country Store which is worth a wander through.

• Visited August 2014

Bonners ferry
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and i decided that we had to go try it and it was an extremely good meal..they have very friendly people that work there and the price and portions mesh well :)

1 Thank Egyptiankats
Monterey, California
“Good stuff”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I am an Indiana-native, so when I was staying at the Log Inn and they told me they got their poppyseed bread from the BBB--I had to go check it out. It's Mennonite-run and it didn't disappoint.

The cashier was very very friendly. I had the chicken sandwich--with sprouts, lettuce and mayo--they had it whipped up in just minutes and brought it out to me.

I also saw their little...fried apple pie things--and I decided to try them on a whim. They were delicious. I miss them actively.

They also sell fresh breads and desserts. I found some little loaves that must have been made from spare dough. They were a mere $1.50 a piece. I bought three of them. They were fantastic.

Definitely swing by. You can't go wrong with Amish/Mennonite cooking.

Visited June 2014
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
“Great service”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I had to try it after reading the reviews. I was not disappointed the size of the portions was perfect for the price and the sandwich I had was delicious.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Gregor P
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
“The Bread Basket Bakery”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a wonderful little place about a mile or two from the intersection of Hwy 95 and Hwy 2, north of Bonners Ferry, Idaho. They have doughnuts and other breakfast pastries (huckleberry scones are my favorite), along with coffee and a selection of lattes. But this isn't just a breakfast place- they also serve soup (a daily special- loaded potato on Tuesdays and chicken enchilada on Saturdays are my favorites) and sandwiches made with their freshly baked breads. My husband's favorite is the full nelson- but it is too big to eat at one sitting, so I suggest ordering the half nelson. They also sell delicious cinnamon rolls, garlic cheese dinner rolls, as well as loaves of white, whole wheat, nine grain, and sourdough bread. There is casual seating inside. Take a stroll through Sharon's Country store while you're there!

Visited April 2014