“You Get What You Pay For”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bonners Ferry
Carriagehouse Inn & RV Park
Reviewed June 11, 2012

What can i say about the Carriaghouse Inn that has not already been said. Not a complete mess but not the most modern furniture, kitchen was usable but sketchy, if you like showering in a phone booth this is the place and the television reception is not the best. On the up side the bed was comfortable and as a starting point for a day trip into Canada it worked out quite well. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and did have good recommendations for places in town to eat. If you get a chance to go into town do not miss the Museum. One of the best we have seen lately with a large display of historical items. If we were to visit Bonners Ferry again I would probably not choose the Carriagehouse Inn but then again there are very few places to choose from.

Room Tip: You can park right in front of your door in Room 11
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tourist058

Reviewed March 24, 2012

This place seems to be an afterthought in all aspects. It's dirty, the furniture seems to have been accumulated from garage sales, and the front desk help is almost belligerent at times! Would not recommend this place at all, there are better choices in town.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I had to stay here because I hit a deer on the highway and this is where the tow truck driver dropped me off. It was dirty, dirty, DIRTY. there was spoiled food in the little fridge and on the range, the carpets were filthy, and when I got home (finally!!), I found that I had gotten some kind of itchy bugs in my hair. It took me a week to get rid of them using special shampoo.

Room Tip: Choose it somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank DougWilson
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Grabbed a room here as there was nothing else in town. Looks not too bad from the outside but ask to see your room first if you don't like surprises. Room we had was quite antiquated although the old sink on the bathroom was pretty cool. Took a long time to get hot water. The carpet has hills all over it. Beds had a foamy on top but the mattresses and box springs were absolute junk years ago. So called kitchen had nothing in it. Outside lights of building are so bright that the curtain has not much use. The room was totally lit up. We slept and we left.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you commit to staying here.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank WingNutt2000
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Without question the dirtiest, smelliest room we have stayed in, in many, many years. Horrifying. The Kootenai Valley is quite beautiful and Bonners itself offers some real treats, so don't let this awful place dissuade you from the rest of the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tandjMoscow_Idaho
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Well from the outside the place appeared charming and updated. Once inside the room was very dirty, carpets were covered with stains. We wore our shoes so we didn't have to put our feet on the dirty carpet. We considered speaking with management but they appeared to have their hands full with two police cruisers parked out front. Later the police returned and took a lady away....the up side to the stay is that obviously the management keeps the place safe since the police did arrive and take someone away. some serious cleaning would improve the stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank grangemont
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My spouse and I saw the wonderful web pages of the beautiful Carriagehouse Inn, and I booked for two days. Advertised with kitchen. (I am a gourmet cook). We were placed in "cabin" 6. Stove could have rock and rolled, not level nor safe. To wash dishes (I brought my own dishes, knives and tools). were done in a bar sink. Room wa totally tachey. There was no sink in the bathroom. The bathroom was a toilet and a shower stall. If you weigh over 250#s you will not fit. The bathroom sink was placed on the same counter as the kitchen sink. I don't know about you, but I do not do food prep around an area where individuals wash their face and teeth. Thank-goodness, I carry antibacterial wipes. Oh, the water plumbing failed. Was unable to turn off the hot water valve, so we had to turn off all of the water. Despite their beautiful WEB-PICTURES, do not stay there!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Bonners Ferry Log Inn
#1 of 4 in Bonners Ferry
Northside School Bed and Breakfast
Western Pleasure Guest Ranch

Been to Carriagehouse Inn & RV Park? Share your experiences!