“Home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Twin Falls
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have stayed with Extended Stay America twice now and we are now life long customers. The staff is always very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and well kept. They offer a kitchenette, which is so convenient when traveling so you don't have to spend a fortune eating out during your stay. I have stayed at 5 star hotels, that don't offer half of what Extended Stay America offers for less cost. We look forward to staying with you again! Thank you!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank You for the great review of our property in Boise, Idaho. I’m very happy to hear our staff you’re your stay with us even better. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
British Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Travelling to Las Vegas many times a winter we are always looking for good hotels in convenient places to stay - especially along I84. This one is greaaat!.

The room was large (complete with kitchenette) very clean, and very pleasantly decorated (not fancy but nice). The hotel is only about 1 mile from I84 and there are numerous good places to eat within walking distance of Hotel.

If you want a hotel while you're travelling - this one is great. not sure about facilities for kids or business though.

The breakfast is minimal, but at the price very hard to complain

Room Tip: Our room was just fine - nothing special
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our property. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us in Boise. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next travels our way.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I checked in on 2-16-13, and was greeted very nicely by the gal at the front desk. She checked me in pretty quickly and let me know where everything was located throughout the hotel. The room was very clean and big. Lots of room and very comfortable. It was also very quite which I enjoyed. There is a pizza hut and gas station right next door. Everything was just very convenient, especially for the price. I will most definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank erikanycole
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us in Boise. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been coming here for years because they have always made me feel at home. My room has always been clean. I have gotten to know the staff and Erica the manager. They have always conducted themselves very professionally an that has made me feel safe an secure when I stay here. So every month I look forward to my time off work here at Extended Stay America Boise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jesse F
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we are able to make you feel so welcome and at home. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit home.
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

After staying one night what kept ringing in my head was something another reviewer had written - "you get what you pay for". So true about this place! While the staff were, frankly, surprisingly helpful and friendly for a dump like this, the place was worn down and rough, from the lobby to the rooms. When I would come out of the elevator I had to walk through a hallway to get to my room that stunk of cigarette smoke (I think the smoking rooms are the same hallway as the elevator). At some point there was a loud verbal altercation in the hallway outside my door that went on a while. Loud, pounding music from maybe downstairs until around 11 pm. Then of course there was the mysterious burn stain on the blanket (didn't want to touch any of it, anyway!), and the super bleak room (no decorations or pictures at all). I had reserved for 7 days but could not leave fast enough, eventhough it meant paying almost double.

So, for positives - friendly, helpful staff and basically sanitary room
negatives - loud, run down, old and worn bedding, depressingly institutional rooms

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a window that looks out on something if you care about that - the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kari D
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Travelers are raving about these Boise hotels

Whidbey Island, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were traveling w/ our dog & had stopped at numerous hotels in Boise. None of them took pets. Thankfully, this one did. The woman who checked us in was very nice, extremely helpful & eager to please. I appreciated her help. We were given a list of hotel rules which included emptying your trash. The pet fee was $25, bringing the total cost of the room to $89.

This was our first time at an Extended Stay America, & for the money this was a poor value. The room was dirty with cobwebs in the corners, the bed was crummy, the linens tired. The overall atmosphere was seedy & downright depressing. The hotel looks much nicer on the outside.

We paid a total of $99 per night at La Quinta Hotels in Moab & Layton, Utah, on this same trip with our dog. For only $10 more, we had much nicer & cleaner rooms, comfortable beds, typical hotel service (which included taking out the trash), and a buffet breakfast with several choices. Another difference -- La Quinta rooms have a fridge, but no kitchenette if this is important for you.

We had never travelled with our dog before & should have done our homework. We learned our lesson & will plan ahead next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff thus ensure situations as you encountered do not occur again.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at eleal@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Boise , ID
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

At my recent stay at the ESA in Boise, ID located at 2500 S Vista Ave I identified a few minor issues with my room. Within minutes I recieved a call from the Manager of the property Erica. As a long time customer of ESA I have to say I was truly impressed. The rooms and comfort level of this property are excellent and have recently been updated.Erica was professional, knowledgable and sincere and addressed the minor issues immediately.I have travelled extensively for 26 years for work and I have to say this is customer service done right! J. Bledsoe

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank James B
Eleal, Guest Relations Manager at Extended Stay America - Boise - Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property in Boise. I'm glad to hear Erica, The Manager, was able to resolve your few minor issues to your satisfaction. It's always satisfying to read such positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.