“Outdated”

Ranked #44 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Payson, Arizona
“Outdated”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here on business for four nights and wished I had gone somewhere else. The staff was pleasant and helpful, however, the rooms were outdated with little amenities. There was no desk to sit at and work on my computer so I had to sit at the old little round table that wobbled. There was a lack of outlets as well and found myself hunting around the room deciding what I could unplug so I could charge my phones and computer. The tv was an old tube tv and was at most 24". One could tell that this was an old Holiday Inn and it felt like I was back in the 1980's when walking down the hallways. I was placed into the "annex" which was a separate building and was very noisy and I thought it would have been better to be in the main building by the pool until I walked in and realized it had a very strong chlorine odor from the pool and hot-tub. There is no continental breakfast, however, the food in the restaurant was good. The best deal is "The Boise" for $3.99. Would most likely not stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Southwest_Gaucho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Kogarah, Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I booked this room on Expedia for a 3 Star Hotel. The price was less than $60 so I thought I had scored. Not in the least - First I couldn't initially locate it because it does not look like a hotel - it is a H-shaped building that is painted white with two-stories (looks like self-storage more than a hotel). The sign frontage was difficult to see even as I stood in the gas station parking lot that is directly behind the place. I checked in and was told that the room was already paid for but they needed the credit card to verify the booking. I get checked in and head to the room on the second floor - The parking lot is not lighted very well, the door was shabby and easily opened without room key. On to the room - was supposed to be King bed, nope - two supposed queens, looked more like to full size beds. As I got into the room it is a double room where there is a door separating two rooms - I could hear the t.v. and people talking loudly. I start settling my luggage and get an auto notice from my bank on my smart phone that the hotel had charged $30 to my card. I called the front desk and the person tells me it is for incidentals and I should have been told about it when I checked in ... I certainly was not told and would not have authorized the charges "Sorry it has already been charged and you agreed by signing the check in paperwork. Don't worry it will be reversed in a week or so after you check out if you don't use the lanline, towels at the pool, order room service or movies on the t.v.." Pros - it has a bar/lounge (hotel prices $$/$$$) Cons - everything else. Parking is cramped and unsecure with poor lighting, door was easily opened without room key, not the room I booked thru expedia (wasn't a King), Undisclosed charges (that I will most likely get back in a week since I am only here to sleep the night and leave early in the AM to complete my trip), bathroom/shower outdated with rust on wall vent and in tube. I would go across the street to another mote/hotel (motel6/holiday inn express) but there are not any other rooms available to book for tonight in this town. I will deal tonight and roll out in the morning and Never Stay here again. Outdated, poorly keep (except for the front desk/entrance). If you Can't tell its a Hotel - you probably Shouldn't stay there.

Room Tip: There is breakfast (food service) however there is an extra charge (hotel price for Denny's food...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Amanda H

Travelers are raving about these Boise hotels

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel back when it was a Holiday Inn about 8 years ago and had a horrible experience, so I must admit we were a bit dismayed when we saw that this was the hotel we booked on Hotwire. The new owners have completely turned this place around, however. Excellent customer service, very clean rooms, comfortable beds, and the pool is great. All for less than $50 through Hotwire! Breakfast in the restaurant was great with generous portions. (We were able to split two dishes for four people)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PanthersFan510
Helena, Montana
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The property is a little dated, and the double beds and tiny pillows were not so great for two middle-aged people with health issues. It was a little musty; the bathroom lacks a ventilation fan. On the plus side, it was clean and quiet. The kids loved the salt water pool. The front desk staff was very friendly. Location is excellent and easy to find. Had a delicious burger in the sports bar on property. I felt it was a great value for the price I paid booking it blind through a discount site. If I had the opportunity to offer feedback to the management, I wuld encourage them to consider free breakfast, add ventilation to the bathrooms or at least some dehumidifiers, and get some queen-sized peds and regular pillows.

Room Tip: Take the 2nd floor if your mobility doesn't prevent it, as it will be quieter. Be aware the prop...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Portland OR
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel just for one night along our road trip. The hotel is very easy to get to from I-84. For some reason our reserved room was two double beds, which they changed to a one king at no charge (they said they do not have queen beds). The room was relatively spacious, and although not brand-new hotel, it's reasonably clean. It's close to the freeway but I didn't hear any noise from it. If you are sensitive to noise, stay away from the units close to the indoor pool. They have a good pool and jacuzzi area (also a gym) which hosts movie nights until 11 pm. I found the hotel staff courteous and kind. There is free wifi and internet hook-up in room, as well as a computer for guest use with a printer in the reception. Breakfast is not included, but there is room service.

I didn't try their restaurants, so I couldn't speak of that. Expect what you might from a regular business hotel, a little aged but still comfortable, and a big pool (with excited children in it). I liked it myself, but if this is not your cup of tea, there are plenty of similar class hotels within short driving distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hailey, Idaho
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Front desk staff were professional, friendly and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable, although it had a wisp of an odor of a former smoking room (all rooms are non-smoking now). After the first few minutes did not notice. The hallways and exterior entrances were worn and had a mild unpleasant odor. The common areas need some TLC and a deep cleaning - if not a major renovation. I paid around $50 in Hotwire including fees and felt that I got an average hotel for a bargain price. I needed a clean room near the airport just to sleep and it met that need. The restuarant was not open and no comp breakfast was offered -however there was a microwave and referigerator in the room to chill yogurt from the grocery store. Indoor pool but we did not use it. Did not see security presence on site.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank william b
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 2, 2012

However, it was one of the busiest and noisiest hotels I've ever stayed. We were SO relieved we didn't pay full price on a room because we booked through hotwire. The beds are just full sized - not queen. The pillows were tiny. The bathroom was a little dirty. We had VERY noisy neighbors who kept waking us up every time the noisy air conditioning kicked off. There was also an overpowering smell of weed in the parking lot. The pool was on the larger side for a hotel pool and was a salt water pool. That was the nicest thing about our stay (by far).

We won't ever stay here again. Ever.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family