“Clean, comfortable and great service!”

Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel and I've got to say that I was pretty impressed with the property especially given the price I paid! Upon check-in (around 10pm) there were two or three 'parties' going on in the lobby which made me a little nervous but the front desk person assured me that they would be done and over with soon and all noise levels were closely monitored and wouldn't get out of control. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly and helpful and true to their word the noise was never once an issue at all.

The room itself was a good size, nice bathrooms, fantastic towels and the bed was so comfortable! Given the fact that I spent my entire stay violently ill from food poisoning, the clean and comfortable room was so appreciated and I can't thank the staff enough for being so accommodating. Free parking, great TV channels to choose from, incredibly convenient location, I truly can't think of a downfall.

No, this is not a 5 star resort, nor does it claim to be. BUT, if you're looking for a fantastic, comfortable and convenient place to stay with a friendly and caring staff, look no further! I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

We were thrilled to know that you had a great time with us during your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about our staff and hotel.
Thank you for writing about your positive experience on Trip Advisor and recommend our hotels to others!

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have held two events at the Red Lion Boise Downtowner and have been so impressed both times! The staff is amazing to work with and are so flexible and kind. Our conference rooms were always clean and stalked with what we needed. All of our meals were great and very filling. Rooms were comfortable! There isn't one complaint I can think of. I won't go anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

While my comments to your review are very late, they are not without gratitude. We were thrilled to know that you had a great time with us during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about our staff and hotel.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The room was filthy..it was supposed to be smoke free..it smelled of stale cigs..the side table had a sticky mess left..the bath tub was clogged..there was an old food tray left outside of our room from the previous tenant...not good

• Stayed: June 2013
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. I have shared your concerns with our Housekeeping Manager; she will try to investigate which room attendant was responsible for cleaning your room, but unless the room number was shared at checkout it may be difficult.. When we are made aware of the issue we can quickly correct the situattion.

Once again I apologize for the issues during your stay.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I were traveling through Boise to Eugene Or from SLC and needed a place to stay in the middle that was pet friendly. We decided on staying at the Red Lion downtown because it seemed like a decent location and they were a pet friendly hotel. Friendly may be a bit excessive to say, they are a pet tolerant hotel. When we arrived the "kid" behind the counter (must have been 18) wasn't the easiest to deal with. We had questions about our room and areas that we could take the dog to go to the bathroom and he couldn't answer any of them. When he asked for a government ID to secure the room, my husband handed him his military ID card and the kid told my husband he needed a real ID instead. Once we finally got rid of the kid the rest of the stay was nice. We got to out room which was on the first floor (nice for taking out puppy) and the room wasn't outdated and had comfortable beds. My husband didn't like the overabundance of pillows; he would have rather had fewer medium firm pillows than several soft pillows. There was a flat screen TV in the room that worked perfectly. We went to the restaurant in the hotel for dinner. It was NHL playoffs and my team was playing so I didn't want to make a big thing out of dinner. The bar/restaurant had a huge TV that I was able to watch my game on and the bartender took very good care of us. He made great drinks, although my expectations weren't very high coming from Utah. The food was so-so nothing to write home about but it gave us sustenance in our bellies to account for the booze we were drinking. I was disappointed that they didn't have a designated dog area that was fenced in, but they do have a grass island that was supposed to be the dog area. The potty bags that were offered by the island hadn't been filled, but we brought our own not expecting there to be any. The carpet in the hallway from our room to the pool area looked like it had some major water damage, but other than that it was a decent hotel for the age that it is. All in All it was a decent hotel for what we needed which was a stopover on a long drive.

Room Tip: First floor is great if you have a dog.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

It was a great pleasure reading the thorough review you wrote about our property recently. The points you addressed are very understandable and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention.

We do hope that you will come and visit us again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

A solid 3 to 3.5 star hotel in a great location only minutes from the heart of downtown Boise. The hotel rooms have recently been renovated with new furniture and a flat panel TV. The free Wi-Fi is fast enough to stream video. The fitness center has commercial grade equipment, and the bar is comfortable. The staff went beyond expected service to solve a problem I had when I had to check out one day early on a pre-paid stay. The Red Lion Boise is my hotel anytime I’m in Boise.

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor in the main tower.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about your recent stay with us at the Red Lion Hotel Boise. We are always thrilled when we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. Exceeding your expectations is what we aim to do each and every time and knowing that we were able to achieve that for you pleases us.

We hope to see you again in the very near future and if there is anything we can do to help prepare for your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Its my second time that I've stayed here and my experience was pleasant. The front girl even remembered me which I thought was pretty neat. The rooms are clean, they offer a free shuttle service to downtown (and I think the airport maybe too), they have a hair dryer, iron/ironing board, cable tv, wifi and work desk. I recommend this as a great place to stay at a good price close to downtown. FYI - use priceline for the best deal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests and are very pleased that you had a positive experience.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were walk-ins and only stayed one night but we had a clean room (pillows were soft and fluffy) and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Very close to downtown and the price was right! We didn't check out the breakfast because we slept in to late. Check out was at noon which was super nice not having to rush out the next morning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests and are very pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations.