“Great stay w/ dog!”

Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I'm not sure what happened to the previous reviewer but we had a very pleasant say at the Red Lion. We usually stay at the Hampton Inn in Boise but we were travelling with our dog so we decided to give the Red Lion a shot (I'd had a horrible experience there a long time ago and had avoided it ever since). We're glad we did!

The staff was very pleasant and accommodating and they were very nice about the dog. The hotel is a bit older but the room was clean, quiet and comfortable and they put us at the end of one wing right next to the designated dog area (really small but much appreciated!).

We liked the outdoor hot-tub - it was much nicer to be outside than inside at the Hampton Inn pool area which can be crowded and loud.

Its an easy walk into the heart of downtown and an inexpensive cab ride back. We were pleasantly surprised by our stay and I'm sure we'll be staying again, even without the dog!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests and are very pleased that you had a positive experience.
We do hope that you will come and visit us again and if there is anything we can do to assist you with your next reservation, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Came to a conference and they had check in issues not having room ready at 3PM, they system went down and couldn't assign rooms. got to room and no internet. Frustrating when you are working away from the office. Staff was really goo at trying to handle the issues so kudos to them.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that tend to have better internet access if this is important to you. I was told that...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for providing helpful feedback regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed our guest rooms and staff, but I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you had checking in and with our internet service. We take all of our guest’s comments seriously as they assist us in providing better service. We hope you will be staying with us again so we can prove our ability to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have stayed here before and loved it. The problem with this stay was that we had our children. The rooms that have enough beds are way to small to have kids in. I went to the front desk to ask for a crib and the women working that night was extremely rude. When I did finally get the playpen bed, the mattress was so stained and disgusting I was not going to have my daughter sleep until I got a sheet for it. I called the front desk and asked the same lady for an extra blanket. She rudely told me they do not have any extra sheets or blankets. I said your kidding, I just need one for my baby and she said she couldn't help me. I had to take the sheet off my bed to cover the mattress. What kind of hotel doesn't have an extra blanket for a baby!!
Friday afternoon when we checked in we were greeted by a very friendly women. Hopefully they will re-evaluate their staff and get more people working like the one that greeted us! We will give this hotel one more try, when we do not have our children, and hope that the women no longer is working there.

• Stayed: April 2013

I would like to extend my appreciation for the time you spent sharing your observations with me. I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. Please be assured that the items mentioned have been investigated and corrective action was taken.

I do hope that you will come back and visit us again and if there is anything I can do to assist you with your next reservation, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Spent two nights here, almost no complaints. Front desk staff - Friendly, helpful. Rooms - Clean, refreshed (it is an older hotel), quiet, very comfortable. Food - Surprisingly good, and service was excellent.

I spent a weekend here for recreation and a little business. Gotta say, I was impressed. I've stayed in several hotels in Boise, this one stands out. Great room, nicely furnished. Flat panel TV (though I will comment, no HD channels - Probably the cable providers fault, but HD channels would be a nice upgrade).

The food services really surprised me, I wasn't expecting much. I had two opportunities to try their food. First was a Saturday night, around 11:00PM. I wanted some food and a night cap. Their bar area is very nice. They had one bartender on (John), no other floor staff. They got slammed while I was there, but John worked his [--] off in the most professional way. Everyone was happy. I had the Fettuccine Alfredo with house salad. We're not talking 5 star restaurant, but they REALLY surprised me on quality and taste. I opted for room service the next day, Steak and eggs. Steak was cooked to medium (per order), eggs were right on, and the hash browns were excellent.

For the nightly cost, this hotel was more than well worth it. It's location location is a -little- rough in the neighborhood, but I think it makes up for that in quality. I WILL be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank William T

We are always thrilled when we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. In this economy and time, we realize that you can stay anywhere and your feedback allows us the opportunity to address any concerns there might have been so we can continuously work towards creating a positive experience for all our guest.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We are on a road trip so generally spending one night in most places so are criteria are clean, comfortable bed and good location. This filled all of that. Welcoming check in and very spacious room. A bit of a walk to restaurants for some people but we don't mind that. We used the gym which was adequate and had a night cap at the bar which was also good service. Hotel a bit dated/ old fashioned in decor but still would use it again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CD323
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests and are very pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was a great hotel to stay in. The room was large and clean and most important everything worked. The service was outstanding. Delicious popcorn in the bar. The hotel was very clean. There was real team work here we even saw a gentlemen who appeared to be the manager cleaning tables at breakfast. We will always use this hotel when in Boise!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gino928

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests and are very pleased that you had a positive experience.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have stayed in many hotels in Boise and this is by far one of the nicest. The rooms were very clean and staff was nice. The restaurant and bar served very good hamburgers and the bartender was great. We will definitely stay here from now on.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank sunflower980

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience here at the Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner. We realize that you can stay anywhere and we thank you for choosing the Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner. We hope to see you again in the very near future and if there is anything we can do to help prepare for your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us directly.