“Could be happier”

Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner
Ranked #18 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed October 5, 2012

What i like in a motel is to feel welcome to have a home away from home not here desk clerk cold snobby should a walked out then rooms had ammenities quiet ok asked for extra pillow again treated badly this is pricey n we did not find what we want or need are going elsewhere tonight in our experience sometimes small family owned places can be better than larger places n thats where we are headed this wasnt personable nice polite we actually went 2 store 2 buy xtra pillows n handtowels! We wont be back!

• Stayed: October 2012
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay and that we did not follow through as we most definitely should have. If you would kindly contact me, I will certainly make it right.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was a Hotwire deal for us , Although we did not specifically choose the Red Lion Downtowner it turned out to be on the best stays on our vacation. The outside may not look like lthat impressive, but the inside was very well kept up, our room was immaculate and extremely comfortable. Slept like we were at home. We also appreciated the location. Close enough to downtown to walk most places, but also out of the main traffic area and quiet.

While the Downtowner does not include breakfast in the stay, there is a a good restauraunt in the lobby with reasonable prices, excellent food, and very friendly staff. The staff of the hotel that we encountered were all very friendly and helpful.

Even though Hotwire picked the Red Lion Downtowner for us on this trip, it's the place we woud go to the next time we are in Boise.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We were thrilled to know that you had a great time with us during your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments. We are always thrilled when we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. Exceeding your expectations is what we aim to do each and every time and knowing that we were able to achieve that for you pleases us.

We hope to see you again in the very near future and if there is anything we can do to help prepare for your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

stayed here this week since every other hotel in Boise was filled due to the Boise Open.

Location is bad; nothing is walkable from it except for the strip clubs across the streets.

Rooms are clean, but layout is strange. For instance you can't open the bathroom door without hitting the toilet. You cant put the bath mat on the floor and still close the door.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

I would like to extend my appreciation for the time you spent sharing your observations on tripadvisor. I am truly sorry for not meeting your expectations. I noticed that you had a two night stay with us. When the room is vacated that you stayed in I will check out your concern with the bathroom door.

In your rerview you mentioned that nothing was walkable. We have many guest that daily walk to the Albertsons shopping center that is less than a quarter mile from the hotel. We also have guest walk to the center on downtown Boise which is approximately half mile for the hotel and easy 10 minute walk. We also make our shuttle service available to guest wanting a ride downtown.

Once again I apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Well, a very good location, but the common areas need a good cleaning. Front desk staff is very nice and accommodating. Beds are comfortable and rooms are slightly above average. Maid service was not very good. Glasses and coffee maker not cleaned each day. Priclined it at $52. It is more of a 2 1/2 star property and in my op[inion, not worth more than what I paid.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience here at the Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner. We realize that you can stay anywhere and we thank you for choosing the Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner. I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. I have shared your concern with our Housekeeping Manager, she is investigating which housekeeper was responsible for cleaning your room. The housekeeper will recieve additional training.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Thank you, Red Lion staff, for an easy in and easy out stay. The room was absolutely immaculate. We loved the bedding. I slept like I was in my own bed! It was a great way to spend my 66th birthday!...................................................................................................Great stay!

Room Tip: Didn't notice the construction on the road....the gps brought us right to the front door. Room w...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about your recent stay with us at the Red Lion Hotel Boise. We are always thrilled when we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. Exceeding your expectations is what we aim to do each and every time and knowing that we were able to achieve that for you pleases us.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had been on a road trip so we wanted to rest for the night.Front desk was friendly and nice atmosphere.All Red Lions Hotels are pet friendly $15 charge so I paid $130 for the night.Hotel was great.Beds cozy and clean,spacious.Had a pool and hot tub outside very nice.Food was tasty and in the morning your hot buffet breakfast is included.Nice.

Room Tip: Near the pool and pop machine
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests and are very pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had an decent stay at the Red Lion. I don't love that they charged my card a "incidentals" fee automatically. They say it will be taken off after our stay if nothing is damaged or whatever. I am frustrated because now I have $80 being taken out of my account that I can't use that I need. My thought is that they have my card number and can charge it if anything is damaged- charging it before the fact doesn't make any sense to me. Over all we had a good stay. One of the maids knocked on our door at 7:55 am just to ask when we would be checking out. I found that very rude, us and our kids were still asleep after a late wedding. We had not put the "privacy please" sign on the door, but I think it is inappropriate to knock before 8 am. Another not so great thing, because we booked under a group discount for a wedding we weren't allowed any continental breakfast. What a way to welcome a wedding group into town. The staff overall was courteous, just don't love some of the policies at Red Lion. We will be booking somewhere cheaper next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience here at the Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner. We realize that you can stay anywhere and we thank you for choosing the Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner. I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. I have shared your concern with our Housekeeping Manager, she is investigating why one of our Maids knock on your door prior to 8AM.
I apologize for your frustration with using your debit card at check in. The amount that was held on your debit card is for any incidental charges that you may have incurred during your stay. The unused funds will certainly be released by you bank within a few days of your departure. We do have sign at our Front Desk stating the policy for debit Card users.
Once again thanks for sharing your comments both positive and negative regarding your stay. We hope to see you again in the very near future and if there is anything we can do to help prepare for your next visit, do not hesitate to contact me directly.