“Just ok”

Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Boerne, Texas
“Just ok”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here with my 3 kids on our way from Colorado to Washington state. Walked in, and the lobby smelled like a bowling alley. I had 2 kids in a stroller, 1 walking, and pulled 1 suitcase. The person at the front desk assigned me to the only room that had 2 beds left, then told me it was on the 2nd floor, and the elevator was broken. When I asked how I was expected to get up the stairs with my stroller she was extremely rude, then made a big deal of assigning me to a first floor single bed room, and bringing in a roll away bed.
The one redeeming part of our stay here was our room service breakfast. Food was hot and tasty, and the lady who brought it was kind and courteous.
I would probably only stay here again if it came up on Hotwire again. Not terrible, but not great either.

• Stayed June 2012
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
First and foremost, thank you for posting an honest and open review. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. Your concerns were shared with our department heads and action was taken to correct issues you encountered.

Ken Kester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Did Priceline 3 star, and got this room for about 1/2 price. Lobby is dated and the front desk staff had a bit of attitude, but the room was clean and beds were comfy. What I really liked was the bar and restaurant being open late. The beer selection was great. The bartender let me sample a couple local beers! Food was prepared quickly and was decent. Loved the $5 breakfast. Ordered eggs from the kitchen for couple more bucks. Very nice stay for the money. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
While my comments to your review are very late, they are not without gratitude. In a time when people are often too busy to provide any type of feedback, it is always a great pleasure to know that someone has taken the time to put something in writing in regards to their stay with our property.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I love stay at the Downtowner! The staff is so accommodating, friendly, and great. Its a fantastic place to get some rest and relaxation.

• Stayed June 2012
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience here at the Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner. We realize that you can stay anywhere and we thank you for choosing the Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner. We hope to see you again in the very near future and if there is anything we can do to help prepare for your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel is perfect for a casual get away or even on business . As a matter of fact this particular red lion is my favorite, out of many. The hotel is very accommodating especially to R&R Members. The rooms are great, very clean and spacious. The bar is fantastic!! My honey enjoyed going down often. Unlike many of those dark empty hotel bars. This one has Good drinks, great food. Nice ppl. And there's always conversation. There a pool table and few choices of games darts act.... !! JASON (bartender) is great and fast...so when things get busy, you'll see him move faster lol but never makes a difference in service! ken (hotel manger) is the best i must add . He's was very accommodating to one of my requests so that made our stay even better !!! I love the pool and hot tube set up Its so nice (not like many red lions) and the gym here is perfect. This would be my favorite part of entire hotel beside the view;) they have options !!!!!! This gym is spacious and has 7 exercise equipments to chose from plus weight bench and two work out mats... Two flat screens and a fresh water system always clean towels .. I've stayed at 2 other places in boise but the red lion has me coming back . The staff here has the best customer service and everything is always done to accommodate the guest !! Business or pleasure its always wonderful stay.

1 Thank sierena
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests and are very pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed June 22, 2012

One of their elevators was out of order, so asked for a room on the main floor. They put us in the tower which had a working elevator! Fantastic room! Friendly staff and very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Coeur d'Alene
Reviewed June 22, 2012

No matter how long I go between visits to Boise, my stay at the Red Lion Downtowner is always my home away from home. I am always treated well by the employees (from the front desk, to housekeeping, the restaurant, and bar). I have always found the hotel to be clean and I love windows you can open. It is convenient to downtown as well as to a mini freeway that takes you quickly to other parts of town. I have stayed there since the late 90's and I have always been a satisfied customer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank trixie-geo

seattle
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here one night on road trip. Elevator broken. Entry doors greasy/dirty with overflowing ashtray right next to doors. Ick. Room seemed clean but smelled bad despite generous Febreze overlay. Windows dirty. Not really downtown as name implies, you'll need a car to get to most restaurants.

Nice young man at reception though.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. Your concerns were shared with our department heads and action was taken to correct issues you encountered. The elevator that is in our three story building is currently out of service. Our elevator service company has ordered the necessary parts to repair the elevator as quickly as possible. We are told the elevator should be operational in the next couple of weeks. We have been offering to assist guest with their luggage to the rooms on the second or third floor. The elevator in our seven story building is fully operational.

Once again I apologize for the less than positive experience you had our hotel.