Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$169
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square(Boise)(Great Value!)
$89
$122
$99
$119
Hampton.com
All reviewsvan driverfront deskclose to downtownhotel barshuttle servicechecking incomfortable roomswould stay againairport shuttlehome away from homebreakfast buffetroom was largegreat customer servicegreat roomvery nice hotelcoffee makerconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I love stay at the Downtowner! The staff is so accommodating, friendly, and great. Its a fantastic place to get some rest and relaxation.

• Stayed: June 2012
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience here at the Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner. We realize that you can stay anywhere and we thank you for choosing the Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner. We hope to see you again in the very near future and if there is anything we can do to help prepare for your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel is perfect for a casual get away or even on business . As a matter of fact this particular red lion is my favorite, out of many. The hotel is very accommodating especially to R&R Members. The rooms are great, very clean and spacious. The bar is fantastic!! My honey enjoyed going down often. Unlike many of those dark empty hotel bars. This one has Good drinks, great food. Nice ppl. And there's always conversation. There a pool table and few choices of games darts act.... !! JASON (bartender) is great and fast...so when things get busy, you'll see him move faster lol but never makes a difference in service! ken (hotel manger) is the best i must add . He's was very accommodating to one of my requests so that made our stay even better !!! I love the pool and hot tube set up Its so nice (not like many red lions) and the gym here is perfect. This would be my favorite part of entire hotel beside the view;) they have options !!!!!! This gym is spacious and has 7 exercise equipments to chose from plus weight bench and two work out mats... Two flat screens and a fresh water system always clean towels .. I've stayed at 2 other places in boise but the red lion has me coming back . The staff here has the best customer service and everything is always done to accommodate the guest !! Business or pleasure its always wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank sierena

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our property and your time with us. We value the input of all of our guests and are very pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

One of their elevators was out of order, so asked for a room on the main floor. They put us in the tower which had a working elevator! Fantastic room! Friendly staff and very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
RL828, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

While my comments to your review are very late, they are not without gratitude. In a time when people are often too busy to provide any type of feedback, it is always a great pleasure to know that someone has taken the time to put something in writing in regards to their stay with our property.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

No matter how long I go between visits to Boise, my stay at the Red Lion Downtowner is always my home away from home. I am always treated well by the employees (from the front desk, to housekeeping, the restaurant, and bar). I have always found the hotel to be clean and I love windows you can open. It is convenient to downtown as well as to a mini freeway that takes you quickly to other parts of town. I have stayed there since the late 90's and I have always been a satisfied customer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank trixie-geo

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here one night on road trip. Elevator broken. Entry doors greasy/dirty with overflowing ashtray right next to doors. Ick. Room seemed clean but smelled bad despite generous Febreze overlay. Windows dirty. Not really downtown as name implies, you'll need a car to get to most restaurants.

Nice young man at reception though.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. I am truly sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. Your concerns were shared with our department heads and action was taken to correct issues you encountered. The elevator that is in our three story building is currently out of service. Our elevator service company has ordered the necessary parts to repair the elevator as quickly as possible. We are told the elevator should be operational in the next couple of weeks. We have been offering to assist guest with their luggage to the rooms on the second or third floor. The elevator in our seven story building is fully operational.

Once again I apologize for the less than positive experience you had our hotel.