“Wonderful Hotel in Boise, ID”

The Riverside Hotel
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed in the Eastwood Suite at the Riverside. This room was spectacular, with a riverside patio, a wall of windows overlooking the river, and a two story suite with a wonderful Jacuzzi tub big enough for two. This suite was also occupied by Clint Eastwood for 6 weeks during the filming of the movie, "Bronco Billy". Being a Clint Eastwood fan, I really enjoyed the Clint Eastwood memorabilia in the suite, including posters and documents about the movie. Fantastic room, great hotel, excellent food, and inviting staff. We had a fantastic stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Manolo A
KathyPidgeon, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in our Eastwood Suite. It is one of my favorite suites as well. Next time you are in town, you may like to try a different suite for some variety. We have 33 suites and no 2 are exactly the same so if you would like suggestions, please contact me. I would be happy to help you. We look forward to seeing you and your family next time you visit the area.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Took my aunt and uncle to Boise to visit relatives. Not so unusual, but my aunt has difficulty walking. Requested rooms that were close to the lobby. To our surprise we were put on the 2nd floor above the lobby and as close to the elevator as possible. It worked wonderfully for her. I have nothing but praise for the staff and their willingness to accommodate guests with handicaps. Hats off to the Riverside and staff for making our two night stay so enjoyable! I will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms directly above the lobby are best for those with handicaps.
1  Thank jane_mcclure20062000

Thank you for your review of The Riverside Hotel. I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. The staff at The Riverside is working very hard to make sure every guest feels welcome so I am happy we were able to accommodate your aunt and make her stay more pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My agency held our state conference at this location and they were fantastic. The rooms were set up very nice and they were plenty of staff for housekeeping purposes. The food was good for the breakfasts, breaks and lunches.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for taking time to review The Riverside Hotel. I am glad everything went well for your conference. With over 20,000 square feet of banquet space, we are able to host many meetings and conventions at The Riverside so our staff is experienced with the needs of the meeting planners and attendees. I am glad you felt like you were taken care of. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was in town for a brief stay. I was very pleased with the lobby at the hotel because they had live music every late afternoon, even on week days! The staff was very courteous, and I especially appreciated the bartender, Cindy, who was quick with a smile. I can tell the staff enjoy working at The Riverside Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
KathyPidgeon, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Hello Wendy,
Thank you for your kind comments about the staff at The Riverside Hotel. We do try to be known as the friendliest and most comfortable hotel in the area so I am glad we made you feel welcome. You are correct, Cindy in Bar365 does a great job. She has been here for 30 years and we are very lucky to have her as part of our team. The music is also another signature of The Riverside Hotel and we are happy you were able to enjoy a sample of our local musicians. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit our area.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Pleasant, peaceful, predictable - staying at The Riverside is like staying in a wonderful hotel from a bygone era. Staff cheerful and happy to help, facilities maintained with pride and excellence. Buffet breakfast - a scrumptious (and wickedly good) way to start the day. How can you not love a place where you're greeted by a mallard couple, and guarded by Mr. Jingles, the friendly cat?!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We recently went to the Riverside Hotel to attend their Easter brunch. The harp music was beautiful, and provided such a nice background as we ate and visited. They had an amazing selection of food-- everything was good. The hotel itself is lovely and the service was great. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed at The Riverside for three nights in March. Drove over 200 miles for a seminar only to be put on a floor where I was surrounded by very poorly behaved teenage skiers from Park City Utah. They ran up and down the halls and up and down the halls all early mornings and late evenings. They were only gone during the day time when I too was gone - attending a seminar. I asked a group of very noising young girls to please stop running up and down the halls and yelling after it was past 10:00 pm. This resulted in their increasing their noise and running antics up and down the hallways on both floors. I called the front desk to have the noise stopped but nothing was done. I was not offered a different room, and apparently the skiers "coaches" or "adult supervisors" were as ill mannered as the children. I expected much better service and control of their hallways in a motel that charges higher end prices. Not to mention that I had specifically asked to be in a quiet area of the motel. Was this someone's idea of a joke? The African-American desk clerk who checked me in failed to even notify me of the continental breakfast so I missed it all three mornings as it was not out where I would even notice it on my way to the seminar. I certainly will not stay here again!

Room Tip: It's hard to chose a good room when the staff thinks nothing wrong with putting business people...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Serendipity797
KathyPidgeon, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

I am so sorry you had this experience at The Riverside Hotel. I apologize that you were put into an area where there were ski teams that were noisy. Our front desk manager does make every effort to strategically place rooms so that business people are not placed next to youth groups or sports teams who could be loud. The hotel was full over that time so there may not have been another room available but you are correct, it is the hotel's responsibility to control the noise in the hallways so guests are not disturbed. We will go over that with our night managers and our security. The hotel staff is working diligently to improve the hotel and we like to get feedback from our guests. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at Kathy.pidgeon@riversideboise.com or call me at 208-331-4901.