“Looking for the Brady Bunch”

The Riverside Hotel
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Looking for the Brady Bunch”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

A somewhat dated, 70s decor made for a fun stay at the Riverside Hotel in Boise Idaho. Extremely clean and efficient, this was not your typical Embassy suites hotel experience. Set on the banks of the Boise river, this expansive hotel was hosting the Wild West historical society annual meeting during our stay.After a restful night, post-kayaking, we awoke to find a stagecoach parked next to our Subaru! Staff eagerly lent us bikes in the early AM for a leisurely ride along the river path/The bar poolside, was hopping on Friday night and we enjoyed a great dinner and conversation with many locals. I highly recommend for a quirky, fun stay while passing thru Boise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is an older hotel however it has been remodeled and is very nice. Rooms are updated with flat screens and new furnishings. My room was very quiet unlike some of the newer hotels whose walls shake every time someone shuts a door. The breakfast buffet was complimentary and was unbelievable. Omelet bar, waffles and everything else. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool area is huge with nice chairs, umbrellas and bar service.

Room Tip: get a ground floor room with a patio. Nice to sit out in the lawn chairs
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Beachkid_8
TheRiverside H, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel. We have been working very hard for the last two years to make every stay better. We look forward to your next visit!
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The staff was so very helpful in getting us into our room a little early. Our Junior Suite was roomy, clean and smelled good (a must for me.) We loved the shower and large bathroom with two sinks. The current owners are updating the property, so some areas looked a little dated, but always clean.

We had a dip in the pool, were served some delicious drinks poolside and had a late lunch at The Sandbar Patio Bar & Grill (yummy.) There were quite a few folks who watched the football game in the Lobby Lounge and the game was also playing in The Sandbar. Live music in the evenings made it feel like a party happening at the pool.

The Sunday Brunch the following morning at The Riverside Grill was delicious. Tons of choices and I was pleasantly surprised that mimosas were included!

My husband and I spent our honeymoon night at The Riverside Hotel 23 years ago (under different name and ownership.) This visit was almost as much fun! We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The bed and pillows were heavenly! Chocolate chip cookies were yummy!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about The Riverside Hotel. Our Brunch is very popular and I love to hear how people have enjoyed it. Our pool is the largest all-saline pool in the State and I'm so glad you had a great time!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about the Riverside Hotel. The grounds are beautiful and well-kept. The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds were AWESOMELY comfy! The staff was friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank cochranekim
A clean, comfortable room is at the heart of any great stay. I am so happy you enjoyed the Hotel so much. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to your return visit.
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently attended the Spirit of Boise hot air balloon festival (which I highly recommend attending) and we were booked at this location by the festival group. Apparently the place has been through a couple of owners in recent years, so I heard mixed reviews about the place. Whatever the case the new owners are definitely headed in the right direction. The staff was super friendly and I just LOVE the location right along side of the Boise river. Which by the way is awesome as they have this trail called the Greenbelt which allows you simple access to the city within a reasonable walk or bike ride (you can rent bikes right on the property which was a cool feature.)

The pool was not extravagant but definitely a lively place to be plus there was ample seating and plenty of towels and food/beverage service. There's a great little outdoor restaurant called the Sandbar, which is located right between on the Greenbelt and the pool. Also you can walk to Joe's Crab Shack which is about a 50-100 yard walk depending on the location of your room.

I had a first floor room which had a sliding glass door that enabled very easy access to the pool. Now the one bad note was the sliding glass door, it was fairly difficult to open I think they need to drop a few bucks on repairs or new doors all together. Beyond the door issue the rest of the stay was awesome and I'd DEFINITELY stay there again! I also want to note outstanding service that was provided by Tamara (Front Desk), Jenny (Sand Bar) and the over night front desk clerk whose name escapes me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I'm sorry you had a hard time with the sliding glass door in your room. Thanks for letting us know about this issue so it could be taken care of immediately. Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your good comments. We look forward to your return visit!
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for five days with my large dog, lab, and my kitty. Nice comfy room about 30 feet from the river and the Greenbelt pathway. A cute Tiki Bar/restaurant that my dog and I ate everyday! Great pool, jacuzzi, bike rentals and much more for families...more bars and restaurants in the hotel. Friendly staff, good room service.

Room Tip: River facing rooms. Pool rooms can be noisey, but good for kids.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
I'm so glad you and your dog had a great time at our Hotel. I hope you had the chance to get a dog biscuit at the Sandbar. For your dog, I mean. :)
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Lovely setting along the river, large rooms, beautiful pool area, and restaurants and bars on site; while a little dated and worn in places the setting, room size and amenities make up for it. A little tricky to find, esp. from downtown - watch the one-way streets! Overall, very nice place.

Room Tip: Rooms have fridges and coffee makers, which I didn't see on the room descriptions. Breakfast not...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank stratkat
Thank for your comments. We have been working very hard on the Hotel for the last two years, and will continue to do so until you won't see any "worn" areas. Thank you for staying with us. I hope you see the improvements every time you visit.