“Good Location But U pay for every extra!”

The Riverside Hotel
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Idaho
“Good Location But U pay for every extra!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel is convienient, and the rooms are quite spacious and some are worn. I have stayed here often because when you go to a hotel bid site they are very competitive there.... But the extra charges for everything can become tedious.... It has been rated 3 star, but honestly I have gotten much better extras at a 2 or 2 1/2 star in the same area. It is a nice stroll to Joe's crab shack so that's a good thing.... if you like seafood!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Kelso, Washington, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

When I made the reservation I asked specifically about the availability of a hot tub. he had one and the location was wherre I wanted to be so I reserved my room. Upon arrival I told the clerk I was so looking forward to jumping in the hot tub. the reply, sorry, we found an underground leak so it is empty now. Too late for me to book another hotel or I would have. If ammenities change after a person makes a reservation I wish the hotel would have the courtesy to tell those with reservations. You might not care about a hot tub, but for me it is the difference between enjoyment of life and not. I have extreme back problems and this is a must for me to be able to relax my body. I had a good time there, but my pain levels were very high and I had to tale too much medication. Say good morning to housekeeping, they will ignore you. he dest personnel where outstanding. showers were great in the room and the size and cleanliness was very good.

Room Tip: be carefull where your room is if you have luggage. there is a very large prtion of the second floor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ID
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Riverside Hotel is awesome. It is an Absolutely amazing place to stay with great amenities and the best staff I have had the pleasure of dealing with. The night manager, Zephyr, was brilliant. She was able to answer all of my questions and point my in the right direction. Her knowledge is unsurpassed as far as I'm concerned. Anytime I need a place to stay in Boise, I will be staying here. Thank you to the entire staff.

Room Tip: I would recommend any room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
North Ogden
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Wanted to stay close to River Walkway. Short getaway with 11 year old granddaughter. We had a lovely balcony room overlooking the outdoor pool area. This is a beautifully landscaped hotel on the west side of Boise toward Garden City. Saltwater pool, pool side pub, comfortable, clean room and excellent service. Fantastic breakfast included. Granddaughter wants to stay here every time we come. Only two miles from downtown Boise; bike rentals available for parkway rides. Lovely!

Room Tip: Stayed in corner balcony room overlooking pool; traveling w/ child.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boise Idaho
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a little get away... This hotel really did feel like a get away. Almost like a mini vacation. The restaurant in the hotel is a tad bit pricy, but we got a voucher for a free appetizer so that made it even better. When you check in they give you a fresh baked cookie, uh yum. The rooms are very nice and the beds are oh so comfy. The pool atmosphere feels like a resort, they bring drinks right to you. The all you can eat breakfast is wonderful.Totally staying here again!

Room Tip: Tip your housekeeper, they do an amazing job!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I hosted a family reunion of about 35 people earlier this month at the Riverside Hotel in Boise. The staff was very helpful in planning meals and rooms to address the various needs of our group -- aged newborn through 80 years old. The guest rooms were large and each had very modern bath appointments and fixtures.

The hotel is located about 3-5 minutes drive from downtown Boise and is very easily accessed from the airport or the freeway, too. There is more than enough parking in the hotel lot.

The banquet room was very spacious and well appointed. All sound and video equipment worked and was easy to operate. The waitstaff and host (yes, they had a dedicated host for our dinner) were gracious and genuine. The portions were large enough to satisfy even the hungriest teenage nephew. And the taste was great -- far better than typical hotel fare.

The hotel backs up to Boise City's greenbelt and the Boise River -- beautiful and park-like to be sure. The trees are mature and provide ample shade in the middle of Boise's hot summer days. There is a large salt-water pool behind the hotel that was a huge hit with all ages. No sore, red eyes from the chlorine!

There was a small problem with our toilet running. I called about 4pm to let the front desk know and it was fixed by 7pm when I returned to my room later that evening.

My entire extended family commented positively about how perfect of a spot this was for a group outing. And the price was considerably lower than that of other properties in town. I feel like I paid less to get more. Superb value!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank irondori
Nampa, Idaho, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I needed a quick get away - we chose the Riverside because of it location, right next to the Boise greenbelt. It was nice to get in a quick bike ride when we checked in, ate dinner on location, and then enjoyed adult beverages while listening to the live band in the outside bar area. We were up early...tried out the hot tub - water was a little to cold. (Our only complaint) Breakfast was wonderful! We will most certainly visit the Riverside again...next time bringing our little one with us so she can enjoy the pool!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple