“Nancy @ The sapphire room”

The Riverside Hotel
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Boise, Idaho
“Nancy @ The sapphire room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I attended an event at the hotel in the Sapphire Room. The room is small enough to feel cozy and has great ambiance. My waitress, Nancy, was terrific, so knowledgable and helpful. The food and wine was excellent and a great value. Be sure you ask to see the full menu as the bar snack menu is pretty limited.

The hotel is lovely and the lobby bar is a great place to meet for a cocktail.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MJG9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our stay was lovley. Clean rooms accomidating staff. The gourmet breakfast Buffett was world class. Patti was our server. Her expert service and knowlage of the surrounding area made our stay very memorable. We will defiantly be back!

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a must for everyone that visits beautiful Boise. The room was fantastic and the restaurant was wonderful. The river walk is terrific when the temperature is nice and the rest of the property is truly delightful. The entire staff was very nice and helpful. The folks at the front desk were the best. The night manager, Zepher I believe, was awesome. She gave us a room tour before we checked in. She was friendly and super knowledgeable. I highly recommend this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Cray127
Queen Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We sold our house in Eagle and needed a place to stay for 3 nights. We ended up at the Riverside Hotel. It's located on the Boise River and has a few walking paths around it. The staff was very friendly and housekeeping did a great job for us with extra supplies since we had our 2 parrots with us. The "free" breakfast had many choices and a few hot dishes. We were seated at a table and the wait staff was very friendly and efficient. We also had dinner in the dining room. Good choices and the food was good. The surprise was that we didn't know the "old fashioned" style of hotels still existed. There were several activities going on that weekend in all the meeting rooms they had. Great experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed over last weekend and had a very pleasant time. The front desk staff were very friendly. After checking in we asked to call a cab to go downtown and the manager told us the shuttle was just sitting so James took us downtown and came to pick us up too. Talk about accomodating the guests. The room was very clean as was the whole property. We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast brunch Sunday morning on the houise. This will be our hotel to stayin Boise from now on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank west77
Logan, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've stayed in Boise numerous times, usually downtown near the Grove. This is the first time I elected to stay at the Riverside Hotel. The hotel was nice and accommodating, from the front desk employees to the cleaning staff. My most enjoyable part of my stay was eating at the bar in the Hotel. From the moment I sat down Nancy, the bartender made me feel welcome and relaxed. She talked me into having dinner and spent the next 3 hours eating and enjoying a few drinks. Other guests arrived at the bar and nancy made all of us feel welcome and we all engaged in pleasant conversation. This was a great way to end my day of business, and I will come back again soon. John B

3 Thank 57049John_B
Orofino, Idaho, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We noticed on the first day of our stay that the bathtub and sink were not draining. We noted pieces of black material floating in the water that was not draining in the tub. We reported this in writing to the maid when she cleaned our room that morning. That night, the tub had been cleaned and we assumed the problem had been solved. I took a bath in the tub assuming all was well. The next morning, when my husband used the bathroom at 0630, the room on the second floor above ours flushed their toilet while he was in the bathroom, and our tub immediately filled up with sewage from that toilet. There were pieces of solid black material in the floating water. We called the front desk and a maintenance man arrived immediately. He stated that he had checked out the complaint from the previous day, but had done nothing to remedy the problem. He said "I need to get authorization to call a plumber." We were then offered another room to take a shower and we checked out. There was no mention of any compensation on the room rate for residing in this room for two nights with someone else's sewage floating in our bathtub. I am so upset at having bathed in this tub!

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel that not only does not fix a sewage problem after it has been reported, bu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TheRiverside H, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me yesterday. I'm glad I was able to ease your mind by detailing the plumber's report, which indicated there was no sewage backup in your tub. As we spoke about, the backup was simply specks of the pipe and a grease buildup. Again, I'm sorry that happened. When our Engineer helped you at 6:30am, no plumber was available, and as you know, he came at 10:30am. You were in your second room at that time, which is why we needed your authorization for him to go into your room.

As we also spoke about, we do not automatically adjust room rates without speaking with our guests first. Since the majority of your room rate, for example, was paid for by a government agency, a room rate reduction does not necessarily help you personally. I'm sorry the front desk clerk did not handle it correctly.

I'm glad we were able to make you happy in the end and look forward to your return trip. I will personally make sure your next stay with us is the best it can be.

Thanks,