“Stayed here for Treefort”

The Riverside Hotel
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Portland, Oregon
“Stayed here for Treefort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The entire hotel staff was beyond helpful for our trip. Not a single complaint from our 14 person party.

James was a superb shuttle driver taking us around the great city of Boise.

Dean was one of the best servers and made sure our bottomless mimosas had no bottom.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TheRiverside H, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for mentioning James, one of our shuttle drivers, and Dean, one of our servers. Both are relatively new to their jobs and I'm glad to hear they are doing as well as I thought. James hasn't been with us all that long and Dean had been a cook, only recently coming to the front of the house to serve.

It's always nice to hear when our staff makes such a good impression.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The staff and the restaurant are truly superb. These two features alone recommend the hotel for nearly anyone. In addition, a large room with computers is available for guests 24/7 and wireless also works well in the rooms.

The staff went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable - even using a hole punch to render a too - large new belt just perfect at the last minute. Kudos for that.

The gym leaves something to be desired, but it's do-able in a pinch. The pool - well, being outdoors it's not available a good part of the year.

Great place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about our staff. They work very hard to make our guests' stays as wonderful as possible and I always appreciate when that hard work is recognized.

It is true we haven't gotten to renovate our Fitness Center as yet. We have been concentrating on our guestrooms, lobbies and the Sandbar and Sapphire Room over the last year. The Fitness Center is on our list, however.

Also, our swimming pool is slated to open for the season on Mother's Day weekend!
Rigby, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have been to many Hotels and by far the Riverside in Boise Idaho went out of their way to accommodate me. I was there for a convention and had pre ordered our meal. I had recently found out that I had (many) food allergies. They went out of there way to fix me meals I was able to eat. They also looked at the ingredients of the food they prepared to make sure it was alright for me to eat. Food allergies and eating out is very hard and thanks to Sam Longaker my dinning experience was fantastic! Sam even came to check and see if everything he fixed was fixed alright for me to eat. All the employees we meet there were very thoughtful and kind.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TheRiverside H, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. And thank you for trying multiple times to get your review online. We are always happy when your group comes to see and we are thrilled that you are so happy with our service.
Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I am a meeting planner for an association and work very closely with the hotel staff. I also stay at the hotel during our meetings. You couldn't ask for a better hotel to have a function at than The Riverside Hotel. The hotel has just been remodeled and every room is getting a face lift with large flat screen TVs, updated bathrooms, new bedding, new carpet and paint. They have many different sizes of meeting rooms from up to 12 people to hundreds of people. The banquet staff will take care of your every need and make you feel like you are their only client. They are a delight to work with and my organization will continue to have our meetings there for many years to come.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are always happy when your group comes to our Hotel. We have had the pleasure of your business for years and all of our Hotel family certainly feel like you and your attendees are a part of that family!
Laurel, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've been traveling to Boise on business and have stayed at the Riverside for over a a couple of years now. It has become my favorite and I now stay here regularly. I have always loved the location by the river ("the greenbelt" walking/biking path) and the spacious grounds and comfortable lobby. I love the large rooms, double sink and double shower head bath, and very comfortable beds. Each room has a desk and sitting area, large flat screen TV (46" w/HBO), and complementary wireless internet throughout the property. But I have to say the the positive attitude of the staff and consistency of the service, cleanliness of the grounds have been just excellent. And it seems to me there has been clearly a conscious and successful remake since my early stays here when it was under different management.
One of my favorite aspects of this hotel must be the expansive complementary breakfast buffet complete with a chef on hand to make omelets to your liking, homemade donuts (warm maple glaze topping), plenty of fresh melon, pineapple, watermelon, local berries along with everything you could want from cereal or oatmeal, to waffles, scrambled eggs, home fries, sausage etc, to specialties like their thick maple-black-pepper bacon (a must).

If you will be returning, then be sure to join the frequent visitor club (Rapids Rewards) which entitles you to a number of benefits including a complementary evening drink at the lobby bar where there is often live music around the dinner hour as well as a coupon for a complementary dessert or appetizer in the restaurant just off the lobby.

The staff are courteous and competent, genuinely engaged in their work, with knowledge of the entire property and surrounding area... There is a complementary shuttle to/from the airport and they have even offered a complimentary cab if I had to leave very early before the shuttle was running.

As a frequent business traveler, I could be staying at one of the chain hotels to accumulate points and credits, but this is where I am most comfortable. Something great has been happening here and I have enjoyed each and every stay. I'm here now as I write this and will be back in a week and look forward to it.

Room Tip: I like the second floor the "700 series" just above the lobby, but I've been told tha...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TheRiverside H, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel. We have been very diligent over the last year to improve our accommodations and it is so nice to hear that you've noticed. My staff works very hard to make our guests happy and your acknowledgement of their hard work is a wonderful validation. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your return!
Evans, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Recently stayed at the Riverside on a business trip. I was delighted with the service. Everyone was so helpful, from the front desk & beyond. i was especially impressed with the staff in the restaurant. Especially Brittany, one of the waiters. She was delightful & so thoughtful. I fell in love with the Riverside bacon which was made using brown sugar. We were visiting with some friends after our incredible breakfast. i asked if i could take some bacon to them & Brittany brought me a container to take some to them. they loved it. They came back for Sunday brunch to have some more & to meet Brittany! I'm sure they'll be back many times. Service does make a difference. Thank you Brittany! i also left my cell phone charger & everyone in housekeeping were very helpful in retrieving it for me. Great hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for recognizing Brittany. She is indeed a great server and we hung your review in the restaurant so everyone could give her a pat on the back!
Lebanon, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Was a bit apprehensive about going to the Paul Django concert at the Riverside, but what a great experience. The seating was excellant, service was great and the food was hot and good. Really enjoyed the fact that the band mingled with the crowd while in between sets. Great job Riverside. Would love to attend another concert!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
TheRiverside H, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your second great review! I am also very happy that you enjoyed your time with us in the Sapphire Room.