The Riverside Hotel
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
$116
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

$76
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $86/night.

GardenInn.com
$157
Priceline
  • Pool
1,035 results
All reviewsboise riversand barsapphire roombreakfast buffetprime ribjoe's crab shackriver viewrent bikespool sidewalking pathgreen beltlarge poolshuttle driveran older hotelgreat poolhot tubcookies
Reviewed September 13, 2012

quality hotel.we loved the saltwater pool (instead of over chlorination and the poolside bar service was very good

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
TheRiverside H, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

I'm so glad you enjoyed the pool and sandbar. Alas, both are now closed for the Winter. Come back and see us in Late Spring (or earlier if the weather turns) to enjoy both again!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Riverside Hotel in Boise, ID is a wonderful place to stay. It used to be the Doubletree but was purchased by new owners and is so much better. The hotel sets right on a river with lovely grounds, pool, outside restaurant w/nightly entertainment. The rooms are oversized,
beautifully decorated and clean. My husband and I do road trips and this hotel has the best mattresses hands down. The breakfast is complimentary and you won't believe it. They have a chef who makes omelettes, a full breakfast bar and even home made doughnuts with chocolate or maple sauce that are delicious. The manager, Kristen was so pleasant, Cindy was the best waitress and Joe and Jamie at the front desk were so helpful. Dinner at the hotel's restaurant is excellent, full bar. Nice when you get in late and tired from driving.
Deborah & Roy Sheckells
Loyal customers forever

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side w/balcony are great.
Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
TheRiverside H, General Manager at The Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

It is always a pleasure to hear the names of my employees who are doing such a great job. I am so very happy these people and others went so far to make your stay so memorable. Thank you for such a great review. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at the Riverside over Labor Day weekend. I live in Boise, but needed a vacation! I really felt I "got away from it all" even in the same city! The hotel is right by the river and the beautiful Boise greenbelt. My highlights were the breakfast buffet (waffles, omelettes, fruit, bacon, scrambled eggs and more) and the relaxing SandBar restaurant right on the greenbelt. I was able to bring my dogs into the restaurant. They were provided with a homemade treat! The Sandbar also offered live music. I'll stay there again and again!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view (a little more expensive but worth it!)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

I'm so glad we were able to help you get away from it all. Feel free to stop by anytime whenever you need that little escape. I'm happy you got our house-made dog treats. I'm told they are perfectly edible for humans too, but I haven't tried them yet. Woof!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I traveled to this hotel for business. I caught the hotel's shuttle to & from the airport, and the driver was quite friendly & willing to share about local attractions. The hotel is a little far for walking distance to downtown (although if you are up for a long walk and the temperature is not in the 100+ range as it was for me, there is a wonderful path to take you there), but the hotel will shuttle you there. The hotel is fairly large (I had to consult my map several times after checking in to get from the front desk area to my room!). On the plus side, that long, winding walk, took me to a room with a view of the river (definitely ask for one of these!).

The room itself was quite comfortable, if somewhat dated. Everything was clean. The shower/tub did not drain very well, and not all of the electrical outlets seemed to work (I ended up unplugging a lamp to plug in my laptop). In the evening the room was a little dim, even with all of the lamps turned on (perhaps missing the one I unplugged...). But during the daytime the room received plenty of light and I felt very comfortable there.

The hotel has a couple of on-site places to eat, if a bit on the pricey side. There also was not much in the way of vending machines, and no continental breakfast...

All in all an OK stay. The staff was friendly & very helpful. Even so, not sure I'd pick this one again...

Room Tip: I would recommend a room with a river view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for such an in-depth review. Our Hotel sits on 14 lush acres of grounds and we fill those acres! I even get lost myself sometimes. We have been working very diligently all year long on renovating the guestrooms and public spaces, and we're not done yet. I hope you choose us again whenever you are in town.

Reviewed August 30, 2012