“Newly Renovated”

Ranked #21 of 57 Hotels in Boise
canada
“Newly Renovated”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We booked this based on the reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. The rooms looked like they were brand new with up to date furnishings. They were very clean and quiet. The wifi was strong. They had a large breakfast area. One of the biggest I have ever seen, so big, they had a small gaming room in the back of the breakfast area. The staff were friendly. The only negative that we had about our stay was the hot items not being refilled promptly enough at breakfast. It seemed that instead of someone monitoring the breakfast it needed numerous complaints from the guests to get things refilled. I would stay here again no problem.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
rob s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boise University Area, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for the review! We are glad you liked the hotel's recent renovation. With the breakfast service, we have been working on efficiency in re-stocking. If you do return to our hotel, we hope that it will be a smoother process in the morning. - Jason, sales coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Billings
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The employees were all very kind and prompt in taking care of me. Breakfast was great...Very nice for a continental. I needed uninterrupted wifi for my job and had no problems there. I will definitely stay again when I am in town. Great job!!!!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review! We're always happy to hear that we provided a great stay and great service. - Jason, sales coordinator
Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights while on business nearby. Some of the staff members I encountered were really nice (Jason, Chris, Jackie) and others had no clue about customer service. I had problems with the air conditioning unit in my room as it leaked water and soaked a 3 foot area of the carpeting near it. When I called the front desk to report the problem I was told that I must have the thermostat set too low and when I replied that it was set at 72, the clerk then said he could probably move me if I wanted to do that, but offered no apology. The wake-up call function did not work on the phone in my room, so I called the front desk three times to set calls. Every morning the wake up calls came late -- 20 minutes late one morning and 10 minutes late the two other mornings. I think it is acceptable to get a call within 5 minutes of your requested time, but 20 minutes can mean the difference between making a meeting or missing it if you're a business traveler. The breakfast buffet is pretty grim, especially the warm food items involving eggs which really didn't even look or taste like eggs. There is a decent choice for those wanting fruit and yoghurt. The lighting in the room had those blindingly bright fluorescent bulbs which made it seem sterile. The bed was very comfortable and having a choice between soft and firm pillows was really nice. I was there during some sort of golf tournament and so I think the hotel might have been filled to capacity which may have impacted customer service. I would not stay here again if I came to Boise.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MomRocco
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boise University Area, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear MomRocco,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, air conditioning and the breakfast selection. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Newly Renovated Clean Quite in an Excellent Location.
Awsome Free Breakfast in a Spacious well appointed Common Area.
Will be first choice on my next trip to or thru Boise.
Close to some great Resturants and Walking Park.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing and recommending our hotel! We're glad we were able to provide a great stay for you. - Jason, sales coordinator
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stopped here on our way from moving my entire house (and cat) from WA to TX. We had cheked out hotels online in the area and this one stood out because of the price, location (we wanted to check out the Boise Ale Trail while we were in town) and their pet policy. It stated $10 per pet, per night. Upon checkin, we were informed that the pet policy only applied to dogs. The front desk associate was very apologetic and attempted to call boarding houses around the city for us, but it would have been nice to know that they cater only to canines. We had no problems of the sort in any of the other hotels we stayed in along the trip.

Other than that snafu, the hotel itself was very clean and well-maintained. It was in a decent location and parking was free. The free breakfast was also enjoyable. I would stay here again (as long as I didn't have a pet with me).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay. The IHG website has updated our pet policy, but we do apologize for the lack of clarity beforehand. Hopefully we will see you again in the future! - Jason, sales coordinator
Bellingham, WA
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Check to make sure that their Internet access is working. Apparently, they have antiquated wiring systems and all guests I were completely without (wired of wireless) access for hand entire 2-day stay. Not at all acceptable for a business traveler. Wi-Fi is not a complicated technology, and should be easily remedied if it is down. Very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank CJ10014
I am sorry about our Internet service problems. This is an issue that has been fixed since, with a new provider; however, the fact that it was out of service at all is understandably very disappointing. We hope to have another chance in the future to give you a better stay. Thank you for your review! - Jason, sales coordinator
Naples, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Someone said this was originally an office building. Probably true. Plenty of parking and five minutes from downtown. Free WiFi and breakfast. The hotel looked brand new, nice contemporary decor large guest lounge, separate media room. It seemed it was designed to make travelers feel at home. Excellent room, well furnished and great beds and a good nights sleep. This was one of the best hotels we stayed at on a 15 night trip out of fifteen hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the review! We're glad we were able to provide a great stay for you, and happy to hear that you liked the renovations the hotel had done. - Jason, sales coordinator