“I wish I could live in this hotel.”

Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square
Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Vacaville, California
“I wish I could live in this hotel.”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We booked directly on this hotels website and entered a AAA discount and paid 60 some dollars a night (incredible value). Loved just about everything about this hotel. Incredibly nice people working the lobby desk, every last person we met went beyond to make us feel priority 1. The lobby was decorated very asian modern but warm. I could see there was nooks and a small bar and seating and tables all around.
Our room was so cute, lovely furnishings and well thought out. I really liked the sectional(which could open up to a bed) spent a lot of time there reading during our stay. Large flat panel T.V. was situated so you could see it from the bed area and the sitting area.
The house keeper we had was unbelievable. She left us a very cute thank you note for the tip and cleaned up so well, wrapped up our cords and everything, Krystal was her name. Hope you get her!
We loved getting the breakfast buffet filled with oatmeal, cereals, toast, english muffins, muffins, fruit, fruit salad, juice, beagles, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, teas and coffee all for no additional cost. You could even request special egg orders, that was an additional cost.
The front desk gave us a list of local eateries and sight seeing spots, so we headed out to lovely Idaho. Love Idaho it turns out! We ate at the Macaroni grill which was walking distance away (mom especially loved her salmon), Moons cafe (huge pancakes wow, get a milkshake), Murphys (local wine and salad was very nice and a great value). The old Penatentary was a cool self guided tour, Botanical gardens lovely, huge scenic parks and the Train Depot was all worth seeing.
We did spend a little time in the indoor pool which was nice but very chlorinated. You could smell it down the hall. They had towels to use which was nice.
We checked out via a check in/ out kiosk easy as can be. I wish I could live here!

• Stayed July 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Wish I had booked someplace else. HORRIBLE customer service at this hotel. The staff are rude and condescending. Management are inadequate for the Hyatt name. The amenities are not nearly as nice as they look online. Do yourself a favor and book with someplace else.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank NateUT
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We paid $76 for a room that I think would compare to a $150 room in another hotel. Spectacular! I really can't think of a better hotel room we've stayed at.... ever!

Everything was squeaky clean --- and I am so PICKY!! I like to feel like I am the first person to ever stay in the room.

We got in very late. Check-in was seamless, very courteous and helpful. Unfortunately, we left early in the morning for a meeting and we were not able to partake of the breakfast that looked so inviting. Several families were seated eating and everyone looked like they were really enjoying the abundance of food.

The room was very comfortable. Air conditioning adequate and quiet. The TV was a HUGE LCD that had a control panel on the side of the stand you could hook your computer up or games for kids. There is a separate seating area in the room from the bed area.

We will definitely be staying at this hotel again. It is an easy walk to several independent as well as chain restaurants. Shopping is abundant. Easy on and off 1-84.

The only thing I would recommend as an improvement is signage. You don't expect the hotel to be where it is and if you're not looking carefully, you'll miss it for sure. But turn around and go back or you will miss a great stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Tustin, California
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I wasn't impressed at all, the photos gave an iimpresion it was light and airy.
It was clean but dark, they had the bed in a small hole with the window,the living area saw no light it was dark. It did not feel roomy as the wallls were very close , no room.
The ceilings had accoustic. and the bathroom very small. The hallways smelled very strongly of cleaners.Akso the beds were too soft you fell into a hole and the pillows were way too soft.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank onvacation777
Issaquah, WA
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I got back from a 2 day trip to Boise. The customer service was exceptional. I called the hotel and was picked up in 10 minutes. At check-in, the host made me checked me in and gave me a brief tour of the hotel. She showed me the breakfast area, computers, fitness room and the swimming pool. The next morning, I needed a ride to Downtown Boise. No problem, driver was available and drove me into town. When I'm back in Boise again, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed June 12, 2010

The Hyatt Place Boise is a great hotel at a great price. We spent 5 nights here through a Travelocity package. We really enjoyed the spacious, modern room, great complimentary breakfast in the huge lobby area, and excellent staff.

Our standard king room was huge! The large sitting/work area had a big comfy sectional, desk, and wet bar with fridge and sink. It was partially screened from the bed area, but the TV was mounted on the wall to be visible from both sides of the room. Very nice layout. The bathroom was pretty standard but the sink area was large and included lots of storage.

Our complaints were minor: very slow wireless internet and a bad room view (half of the rooms overlook an ugly old townhome development). Be warned that the free airport shuttle service has limited hours; we had to pay for a cab to make it to our early-morning flight home. The hotel doesn't have a full restaurant or bar, just a little sitting area adjoining the front desk and a limited menu. It's kind of weird. We weren't bothered by this at all (we never ordered anything) but some people might be. It would be nice if the pool area had a sauna or a hot tub.

The location feels suburban; it's in the middle of a shopping area with a big mall. Lots of chain restaurants and shopping nearby if that's your thing. The drive is just 5-10 minutes to downtown Boise.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay and couldn't believe how much hotel we got for what we were paying.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I have done a large amount of research and booking through a third party online group is not a good idea. They do not care what kind of room you receive, even if you have requested a specific type. Go to the specific hotel site and book with them, they will have the same rate priceline can offer you, plus you are guaranteed the exact type of room you want. It only makes sense.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family