“Clean, quiet, polished”

Ranked #11 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Clean, quiet, polished”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed four nights here for a family event and were very, very pleased. We like most Hyatt Places, but this one was exceptional. Polished, professional staff and a well-kept facility. Excellent breakfast. sometimes Hyatt Places don't have enough breakfast seating, but this one had an abundance. Nice, clean pool that was maintained diligently by staff,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LadyPerian
AlexanderWellinghoff, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to Boise. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of hosting you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Denver
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Large, clean, comfortable room with a separate living/work space, comfortable king bed, fast wi-fi, flat screen television - just really really nice.

Staff was pleasant, cheerful and accommodating. Great hot breakfast buffet with plenty of healthy offerings - a happy start every morning of my three-day stay. Recommended highly.

Room Tip: All rooms looked cute, clean and comfortable - prefect for business travelers.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AlexanderWellinghoff, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yourself while you were here on business. We truly value our business travelers as they are backbone of our hotel and hope we can have the chance to serve you again soon.
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Positives:
+ relatively new hotel, so rooms, furniture, and fixtures are all in good shape
+ very spacious rooms, same layout as every Hyatt Place (something comforting about that!)
+ huge, comfortable couch
+ self-check-in at a computer similar to the airline self-check-in computers
+ firm bed, selection of firm and soft pillows
+ free continental breakfast
+ hotel restaurant seems to be open 24 hrs (although I didn't take advantage of this, so I may have wrong information)
+ great value at about $80-90/night

Negatives:
- tight bathroom, especially considering how much extra space there is in the room
- lighting is yellowy and dim
- TV is in an awkward spot, so one always has a sharp viewing angle, no matter whether you're watching from the bed or from the couch

Location is GOOD for: near the Boise mall and lots of big-box shopping, near a lot of dining options, convenient access to I-84
Location is BAD for: if you have business in downtown Boise or at Boise State University

Recommended for: families and couples, road trippers looking for an overnight off of I-84, business travelers who have business nearby

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stargirlssc
AlexanderWellinghoff, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again next time you are in Boise.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very nice hotel. Bright, clean and very friendly. I was reading a book in their lobby and one of the staff members came over and offered me some ice water while I relaxed. Thoughtful touches that go a long way.

Allegiant Air (a true nightmare of a company) canceled our flight so we came straight back for a second night.

Rooms are big and comfy and we would (and did) come back.

Room Tip: All rooms are a good value.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Joel N
AlexanderWellinghoff, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I'm sorry to hear your flight was cancelled. That certainly can put a damper on any trip. I'm glad we were able to help you out for the extra night. Hopefully your next trip through Boise will go much smoother.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Best place for the money. The rooms are updated with mini fridge and a bar area sink. Separate sitting area with a full sized couch. Lots of electrical outlets and office desk space. I was there during an Idaho State Basketball tournament so the traffic was heavy. But a great staff and nice room with a great breakfast makes this place a winner!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a King bed for a good night sleep.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank shaneofthewasatch
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with us. I hope we can see you again next time you are in Boise.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed in March 13 for a week.

Pros
right near a shopping mall
spacious rooms
large tv's

cons
They didn't even change the bed sheets after three days (like they say they do, and the reason I know is because the same hole was in the middle of the same sheet for longer than 3 days)
Hole in sheets
Some sort of supervisor just walked into the room using her pass key to check what exctly I dont know while my girlfriend was in the room.
Keys stopped working twice
Water from shower runs all over the bathroom floor which has no drain hole

There is nothing really bad, just the manger telling me how good house keeping was when I complained about the bed not being changed, then I told him I knew because of the holy sheet. But he did listen and the sheets were then changed every day, like any normal hotel does without requesting it.

Other than housekeeping I would never expect anyone else fomr the hotel to enter my room for any reason at all except in an emergency.

I would not stay here again simply because hotel staff entered the room with no purpose.

There is enough hotel competition in Boise and I would have though a Hyatt hotel would be better at housekeeping and staff control of room entry.

My next stay in Boise is April and the Hyatt will miss out on my business this time.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor away from the elevators
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank bam1748
AlexanderWellinghoff, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I apologize your experience was not up to your expectations. I myself would be just as concerned if I was in the same situation. We certainly do our best not to disturb our guests in their rooms and will certainly look into that. When a guest stays over for multiple days, it is quite common for all hotels to refresh, clean up the best we can without going near guest items, and make the bed. Sheets are usually not changed until the 3rd or 4th day of a person's stay similar to how most family households may operate. I hope you would reconsider your decision and choose to join us again next month when you are in Boise.
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hyatt is my favorite hotel brand. I really like their modern and simple style. Even the low-end Hyatt Place makes every stay comfortable. There are several highlights of Hyatt Place Boise. The room is very spacious. The bed, as in all Hyatt hotels, is very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is surprisingly good. You get fresh made ham and egg sandwich and a lot more...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Xiangyu Y
AlexanderWellinghoff, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback as well as your loyalty to the Hyatt family of hotels. We truly value the relationships we have with guests who have chosen Hyatt as their preferred brand. We hope to see you again next time you are in Boise.