“Great Location for Downtown”

Residence Inn Boise Downtown
Ranked #27 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Great Location for Downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

As a Marriott frequent traveler, I chose this over the Courtyard for a recent trip to Boise, and I wasn't disappointed.

On a scale of 1-5, with 1 being very tired and 5 being brand new, this Residence Inn is a solid 4. I was upgraded to a "penthouse" which is a unit with a small kitchen, a sitting area, a room with a queen-sized bed and a loft with a king.

The breakfasts were a little above average (in addition to the usual cereals, fruit, eggs and meat there was usually some sort of "sandwich" option - like a sausage and cheese biscuit or a breakfast burrito) and while they also had mid-week evening events I usually was out so I can't comment on them.

The best part of this hotel is the shuttle service - if you are in town for business, you can skip renting a car. Most days I just walked the mile or so to the State Capitol (follow Capitol on the hotel side until you cross the river and it will turn into 9th - cross the street toward 8th, etc. and you will be the heart of downtown) but on days where it was raining I just hopped in the shuttle for a quick ride downtown. Considering how bad parking can be, this is a huge plus.

In short, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Central PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights here on a combined business/leisure trip to Boise. The location of this hotel is great: very near to Boise State campus and not far from all the offerings of downtown. You can also walk to the Boise Depot, if you don't mind an uphill hike.

Caveat: I probably would have loved this hotel had we not stayed the previous two nights at a competitor suites hotel in Boise. Since we did, this hotel suffered in comparison. I think they are doing a great job with a slightly older property with an 'unusual' layout. This layout (think condo or townhome or apartment) would probably be appealing to some people or travelers, but on cold January mornings, I just wanted to be able to eat breakfast w/o having to put on my coat and venture across the parking lot to the main building. I found the breakfast offerings to be fine, but the breakfast room is cramped and a little dated (again, they are doing the best they can with the property they have).

The room itself was clean and had an impressive full kitchen. The bed was comfy. I liked the "rolling" end tables/work tables that we could move around the room to use as work or eating surfaces. I loved the little white board/key holder thingy right inside the door--cute idea and it came in handy for us. However, our suite had a tub that drained very sloooowly, so that you were showering in water above your ankles. We opted for a room downstairs (so that we didn't have to drag out luggage upstairs) but our upstairs neighbors (a visiting basketball team) made us regret that choice. I swear they were playing basketball above us! Also, we found it odd/frustrating that there were no lights in the center of the room--making it hard to use the sofa/TV area for work as it was too dim for us. Be advised that the heating system is quite loud--whenever it came on, we had to significantly increase the volume on the TV in order to be able to hear above the noise (sorry to our neighbors!).

Is this an awful hotel? No, far from it. It's tastefully appointed with lots of amenities in the suites and a great location. Just a few issues, many of which come from the age/layout of the hotel. I'm sure it's a fabulous place for many travelers.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the stairs, get an upstairs room to avoid thumping above you.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

Service here is AMAZING!! This is the second time I have stayed here and both times the front desk operators have been so friendly and helpful and it is always clean and just a great home away from home.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms here. I have stayed in the one king room and the two bedroom 2 queen room. B...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

Great hotel; close to downtown and clean room with lots of space, kitchen, flat screen, fireplace, and comfy queen bed. Feels more like a condo than a hotel. Booked it on Priceline the day before and got the room for $47!

• Stayed November 2011
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

My family (me, wife and three young kids -- 2, 5 and 7) had to visit Boise to see my dad, who is dying of cancer. I called the Residence Inn and they gave me a great rate ($99 for a two room studio), but was told that the suite was available for only part of our stay: we'd spend the first two nights in the suite, then three nights in a one-room, then back to the suite for the remainder of our stay. I made the reservation.

We got to the hotel, checked in, and explained our situation. The manager said, "let me see what I can do." When we returned in the evening, we were told that she arranged it so that we could stay in the same 2-room suite the entire trip. You don't know how much trouble that saves, and it allowed us to spend more time with my dad.

When we were leaving, we had so many bags that we would occupy the entiire airport shuttle the hotel runs, so the hotel made arrangements for a large mini-van taxi to take us to the airport, and paid the driver themselves.

In between, we enjoyed the great breakfast buffet every morning. They had everything we could have wanted. Two of the nights we were there, they had dinner for guests -- a BBQ night on Wed and a baked potato night on Thurs. The food was always good, and the staff extremely friendly and professional.

The room was very nice. The only complaint is that the 2nd floor doesn't shut off from the first, so when my two boys were awake and playing at 3:00 am. downstairs (we flew in from China, and were jetlagged most of the trip, waking at 2:30 am and going to sleep around 7 pm), the noise carried to the upstairs.

The room had three flat panel TVs with cable (good for entertaining the kids while mom and dad stole a few extra minutes of sleep), a nicely-appointed kitchen area (4-burner stove, oven, microwave and full-size fridge), and a comforatable sitting area.

The beds were comfortable, the room clean and -- except for my own kids jumping around -- quiet.

A great location near the greenbelt (you can walk the greenbelt to a few different parks within 30 minutes), downtown, and BSU.

We didn't like the circumstances that took us to Boise this time, but the Residence Inn did so much to make our stay comforable, and allow us to focus our attention on my dad. I wish this company ran airlines!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Blackfoot, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

Stayed 3 nights at the Boise Residence Inn and was extremely pleased with every aspect of my stay. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable and unbelievably quiet. Did not hear my neighbors next door or above me at all. Breakfast each morning provided a wide variety of items and everything was hot, fresh, and plentiful. I was very impressed that on a busy Saturday morning (Boise State game day and homecoming) the entire staff, including the manager of the property, were working their tails off with smiles on their faces, personally greeting guests, and making sure that nobody went without plenty of food to eat. I was able to enjoy a relaxing jacuzzi each evening right across from my room. This property is conveniently located to BSU, downtown, Ann Morrison Park, and the Boise Greenbelt for those who like to get out and exercise. I highly recommend the Boise Residence Inn for those who are visiting the Boise area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
West Richland, Washington, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

If you are looking for a place that is clean, comfortable, friendly and convieniently located, this is the place. We love staying here everytime we come to Boise (which is pretty often). My family loves to stay here as well. The rooms have a full kitchen in them, as well as fireplaces, in most rooms. I like how the rooms are seperated 8 to a building. The staff is always so friendly and the breakfast ROCKS! The room is always so clean and comfortable. There are a few hot tubs, so they are usually pretty open and uncrowded. There is also a pool and a activity court for basketball, tennis, etc. The breakfast is a full buffet style breakfast with warm waffles you can make, fresh fruit, yogurt, muffins, breads, cereals, eggs, a meat, and much more! You wont eat better anywhere else! There is something for everyone. They also have a gym which is nice, with a TV to watch while you workout. They have a complimentary snack at night and dinners on a certain night. They have BBQ's outside if you want to use them. Also, they are very close to downtown, but still in a quiet place. There are a lot of great parks nearby, one directly behind the hotel. The park has events occasionally and this allows you to conviently enjoy them and not have to worry about parking. Boise State University is just a block away. There is an Elmer's restaurant on the corner and a pizza place next to it. I would suggest trying the pizza place, it's so yummy! They also have a shuttle to take you to the airport. As you can tell I love this place. The icing on the cake is the staff and especially the General manager (Steve). He is so awesome! You will feel right at home and you will want to stay every time you go to Boise. It works great for families, work travel or couples.

Room Tip: You can be close to the clubhouse if you want to be close for the pool, breakfast in the morning, et...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family