“Excellent location but sub-Sleep Inn level”

Rodeway Inn Boise Airport
Ranked #44 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Bernardston, Massachusetts
“Excellent location but sub-Sleep Inn level”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights and price was right. Breakfast room not stocked-I had to do it for fellow guests. Ate eggs and sausage from cereal bowls. Front desk couldn't help because of check outs. Our room very small, no microwave, but huge shower, good AC. Denny's and Kopper Kettle and McDonalds walkable. Wouldn't return.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Thai first
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed July 14, 2013

So we woke up in our non-smoking room at 11pm thinking the place was on fire. Seriously. I looked out in the hallway to figure out if we had to abandon the place quickly. Turns out the air conditioning system was pulling cigarette smoke from who knows where. The front-desk very pleasantly agreed to let us move rooms - minimally better. The "inn" could use a thorough cleaning too. The morning checkout included a receipt for some room on the first floor - we were on the second. Anyway, the experience wasn't horrible, but it was bad enough for us to cancel our next night and return to the Holiday Inn Express in McCall that we liked so much the previous night.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Boise hotels

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at the property on June 4, 2013 for one night. I made the reservation on line then called for the stay and park reservation. I was told what my rate would be and what my long term parking charges would be, $18.00. When we checked out very early I noticed we were charged $54. I mentioned it to the clerk and she looked and confirmed I was charged too much and said she would give it to the manager when she got in at 9:00. She said the manager would make the correction and email me a receipt. The clerk also stated the person that check us in also over charged the person that checked out prior to us. I have made numerous phone calls to the manage which is never available but assured the manager would get my message. I have still not heard anything. I have also emailed the Sleep in as well as a customer service rep. I would not stay with them again due to this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jassal, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Boise Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
We are sorry about the problems you had during your stay with us. The front desk staff is here 24 hours a day to assist you in your needs. We hope you will give us the chance again to make a good impression on you and make your stay a pleasant one. Have a wonderful day.
Gibbon, Nebraska
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Have stayed here twice because of great location. Clean, great bed and linens. Curtains close all the way, AC worked quietly. Room was quiet even though motel was full. Basic, good breakfast (nice fruit), coffee all day. For morning walkers, the neighborhood is good for a hike--all paved and little traffic.

Gallup NM USA
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here in May 2013; previously, we stayed here in summer 2009. Location and accessibility are excellent; just look for the airport exit when passing Boise. The motel is located on the south side of the interstate freeway, immediately adjacent to the airport. Its a prototypical Sleep Inn: modern styling, two floors, with parking around the edge of the builing that enables you to keep watch on your car. Nice plants and treets around the building. Its a standard Sleep Inn breakfast (good, not exceptional). Rooms are small, as is standard with Sleep Inn. The bed is a double-size bed. The entire motel is non-smoking, but my wife's ultra-sensitive nose signals cigarette smoke odors in the hallway (I did not notice this at all.) The price was attractive with my choice priveleges discount ($51 + tax), but the price will vary weekly. My only complaint is that there is no jacuzzi or swimming pool. I will stay there again if the price is right. SB

Room Tip: Get a room on the north side, so you can see your parked car. The windows open, so you can get fre...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The lobby smelled heavily of smoke, the lighting in the entire hotel is eerie and too dim (not nice ambient lighting). Wifi is free, but unusable if you're on a mobile device. Our hotel room smelled strange. Staff was fine, nothing wrong there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends