“Terrible at resolving over charges”

Rodeway Inn Boise Airport
Ranked #45 of 57 Hotels in Boise
Boise, Idaho
“Terrible at resolving over charges”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at the property on June 4, 2013 for one night. I made the reservation on line then called for the stay and park reservation. I was told what my rate would be and what my long term parking charges would be, $18.00. When we checked out very early I noticed we were charged $54. I mentioned it to the clerk and she looked and confirmed I was charged too much and said she would give it to the manager when she got in at 9:00. She said the manager would make the correction and email me a receipt. The clerk also stated the person that check us in also over charged the person that checked out prior to us. I have made numerous phone calls to the manage which is never available but assured the manager would get my message. I have still not heard anything. I have also emailed the Sleep in as well as a customer service rep. I would not stay with them again due to this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jassal, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Boise Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
We are sorry about the problems you had during your stay with us. The front desk staff is here 24 hours a day to assist you in your needs. We hope you will give us the chance again to make a good impression on you and make your stay a pleasant one. Have a wonderful day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Thai first
Gibbon, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Have stayed here twice because of great location. Clean, great bed and linens. Curtains close all the way, AC worked quietly. Room was quiet even though motel was full. Basic, good breakfast (nice fruit), coffee all day. For morning walkers, the neighborhood is good for a hike--all paved and little traffic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gallup NM USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here in May 2013; previously, we stayed here in summer 2009. Location and accessibility are excellent; just look for the airport exit when passing Boise. The motel is located on the south side of the interstate freeway, immediately adjacent to the airport. Its a prototypical Sleep Inn: modern styling, two floors, with parking around the edge of the builing that enables you to keep watch on your car. Nice plants and treets around the building. Its a standard Sleep Inn breakfast (good, not exceptional). Rooms are small, as is standard with Sleep Inn. The bed is a double-size bed. The entire motel is non-smoking, but my wife's ultra-sensitive nose signals cigarette smoke odors in the hallway (I did not notice this at all.) The price was attractive with my choice priveleges discount ($51 + tax), but the price will vary weekly. My only complaint is that there is no jacuzzi or swimming pool. I will stay there again if the price is right. SB

Room Tip: Get a room on the north side, so you can see your parked car. The windows open, so you can get fre...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The lobby smelled heavily of smoke, the lighting in the entire hotel is eerie and too dim (not nice ambient lighting). Wifi is free, but unusable if you're on a mobile device. Our hotel room smelled strange. Staff was fine, nothing wrong there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Boise hotels

Wenatchee, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

If you are looking for a basic, clean motel at a good price this is a great choice! The Sleep Inn has clean rooms, nice sized showers, and all tlhe basics you'll need for a night or two stay in the Boise area. The staff was friendly, the morning paper was nice, and the breakfast offering was satisfactory except maybe for the eggs, which had the taste and texture of the reconstituted freeze-dried eggs I used to eat camping. Other than that though, I've got no complaints. It's not a fancy hotel, but it does the basics well and the location, right outside the airport entrance and just yards away from a gas station, McDonald's Drive-thru, the Kopper Kitchen Restaurant and Bar as well as a Denny's, is convenient. I'll stay here again when I come to Boise for the price and value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Puyallup
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had heard some good things about "Sleep Inn" and so decided to give one a try when we saw it alongside I-84 as we were passing thru Boise, Idaho. We were a bit disappointed as the upkeep wasn't what we were used to, and the breakfast the next morning wasn't nearly up to the standards of the Super 8, Days Inn, and Best Western motels we normally stay in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple