“Clean, cheap good location.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #38 of 58 Hotels in Boise
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Definatly an old property but for a night, no problems. Clean, comfortable bed. The price was right for us and the lady at the front desk was real nice. The place is old but that's probably why it's such a good value. No problems coming back here for a night if need be. I woke up too late for the breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Road trip from the middle of the country to the west coast and wasn't sure how far we would make it each day because of weather. We made our reservation 2 hours away and needed a pet friendly hotel for the night. What a great find! Close to the highway, quiet neighborhood, and very pleasant staff. The individual patio with sliding door was a pleasant surprise especially with a pet. There is a BBQ restaurant attached that served a great meal, along with a lounge/bar with very friendly staff and decent cocktails. Full, complimentary breakfast in the morning with real eggs and delicious biscuits and sausage gravy. The rate was very good as well. We would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I thought that I'd give this place a try, I'm glad I did. The staff is very friendly and the room was clean. It's in a good location, close to shopping and the I84 connector is right there.

The wireless connection wasn't very good in my room, but when I connected in the lobby area it was a fast one. They should add a few more APs in their wireless network.

The price was great. I'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed there twice during the week I was there. The first room had a fast internet connection, th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ishii57
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was my second stay here while I try to decide where to purchase a house in the area. Best value in town. Room is clean, personnel are friendly, and the free hot breakfast makes it an even better value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank greg p
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The property, while older, was more than adequate for our visit and being in the hospital's "backyard" was extremely convenient. The free continental breakfast was good quality and the staff were eager to help us.

My only qualm was the website stated there would be a mini fridge in the room and our room did not have one. My sister and I were therefore forced to eat the rest of the "get well" cake we brought.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel for those just looking for a basic, clean room located within walking distance to the hospital and easy access to and from the freeway.

Room Tip: If you're visiting family or friends at St. Alphonsus, ask for the family of patient discount. G...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank robberjess
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed three nights here in October of 2012. It's an old place with no elevator, but only has two floors. Still, if you have to lug your suitcase up even one floor, it's pretty annoying. Our room had two queen beds with a small refrigerator and no microwave. My brother's smoking room didn't even have a refrigerator. Our hairdryer was so broken the elements were showing. I told the staff about it, and they replaced it promptly, but seriously, it should never have been used like that. They provided shampoo but no conditioner or lotion.

FYI, if you want to use the computer, you are out of luck. They have an on-site BBQ restaurant (which we did not try) where the computer is housed. It took about five minutes just to boot up. I couldn't even access my email on the thing..it was a joke. They also have an onsite lounge (closed on Sundays, just like the restaurant). I must say the staff there was very friendly, there was a band, and at $2.50 for a microbrew pint, I couldn't complain! I

They tout the breakfast as being an amazing buffet (in the restaurant) but honestly, we are talking powdered eggs, greasy sausage and (yuck) sausage gravy with biscuits. They did have a pot of oatmeal brewing, but it was instant. We avoided the breakfast.

All in all, we would probably stay there again because we get a Choice Hotels Friends and Family rate of $39 a night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was our second stay and we'd stay again, a great value, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was really nice, and the location was super convenient. The survey for our stay is absurd. It required me to write at least 200 characters, so here that are. See if I fill out their survey again.

• Stayed: October 2012