“Great value and location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #32 of 55 Hotels in Boise
Pocatello, Idaho
“Great value and location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The property, while older, was more than adequate for our visit and being in the hospital's "backyard" was extremely convenient. The free continental breakfast was good quality and the staff were eager to help us.

My only qualm was the website stated there would be a mini fridge in the room and our room did not have one. My sister and I were therefore forced to eat the rest of the "get well" cake we brought.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel for those just looking for a basic, clean room located within walking distance to the hospital and easy access to and from the freeway.

Room Tip: If you're visiting family or friends at St. Alphonsus, ask for the family of patient discount. G...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank robberjess

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
North Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed three nights here in October of 2012. It's an old place with no elevator, but only has two floors. Still, if you have to lug your suitcase up even one floor, it's pretty annoying. Our room had two queen beds with a small refrigerator and no microwave. My brother's smoking room didn't even have a refrigerator. Our hairdryer was so broken the elements were showing. I told the staff about it, and they replaced it promptly, but seriously, it should never have been used like that. They provided shampoo but no conditioner or lotion.

FYI, if you want to use the computer, you are out of luck. They have an on-site BBQ restaurant (which we did not try) where the computer is housed. It took about five minutes just to boot up. I couldn't even access my email on the thing..it was a joke. They also have an onsite lounge (closed on Sundays, just like the restaurant). I must say the staff there was very friendly, there was a band, and at $2.50 for a microbrew pint, I couldn't complain! I

They tout the breakfast as being an amazing buffet (in the restaurant) but honestly, we are talking powdered eggs, greasy sausage and (yuck) sausage gravy with biscuits. They did have a pot of oatmeal brewing, but it was instant. We avoided the breakfast.

All in all, we would probably stay there again because we get a Choice Hotels Friends and Family rate of $39 a night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was our second stay and we'd stay again, a great value, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was really nice, and the location was super convenient. The survey for our stay is absurd. It required me to write at least 200 characters, so here that are. See if I fill out their survey again.

• Stayed October 2012
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Booked on-line the day prior as I am traveling (cross-country) with a cat & wanted to make sure they had a room ("pet friendly") - on the ground floor. Easy access off the freeway. Good, friendly service at check-in; large well-maintained room. The restaurant on the premises (good) also offered delivery & take-out. I'd recommend for the Boise area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Gramsbergen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Property is fine, though very near to hospital, so most of inhabitants are visitors of hospital too...
Playground is fine if you have kids, but over all, this would not be the motel I would like to be in for more than a day. Service is fine,, and breakfast is about the best we ever met this year.
This motel tries very hard to be better than expected, and it surely succeeded in this matter.
Sadly, not all guests will be the ones you would like.

Room Tip: Pool was very nice and clean, though we did not use it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was the best value for the money among ten hotels we stayed in crossing the U.S. and back. It does not look like much from the outside, but the rooms were very clean and pretty up to date. I even took the time to tell the housekeeping staff what a good job they are doing.

The lack of elevator was a little difficult for our situation (had to haul twins up and down), but this was more than made up for by the amazing outdoor area. The pool and spa were immaculate and there is a playground for the kids. The astroturf on concrete and umbrellas on the tables lent a fun retro feel to the outdoor area. There are even two BBQ grills for guest use.

The front desk clerk when we arrived was ok. It was late when we got there so she was probably not her best at the time. The morning clerk was a sweetheart. It was one of the best motel experiences ever!

• Stayed August 2012
Donnelly, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed at this motel off and on since 2008. The staff is always very pleasant and helpful. I have never had any problems. Back in 2008 I stayed for 3 months as I was down there for breast cancer treatment. When I go to Boise I always stay here. My husband and I will be going back there in Oct for 3 weeks as my husband has to have a bunch of tests done. Our room has always been clean and tidy. The room service is done everyday unless I say no to it. The prices here are very reasonable. I like the fact that the nonsmoking rooms are separated by a heavy door.
Great place, great staff, and great owners.

Room Tip: Try to call ahead and ask for the type of room you need.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple