Courtyard Boise Downtown
$148
$139
  • Breakfast included
$92
Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square(Boise)(Great Value!)
$116
$169
$157
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewswhole foodsfire pitcarl's jrchick filgreat courtyardtypical courtyardcourtyard marriottminute walkparking lotlobby restaurantstarbucks coffeesliding glass doornice hotelsmall fridgethe sofa bedstate capitolconvenient location
Reviewed August 16, 2009

My amazing niece was graduating BSU and got us all a great group rate. The room was comfortable and had all the amenities you expect.

The bad:
When I went to bed, tired after a day of fun, I found that the phone didn't work, there was garbage behind the nightstand (discovered after looking at the phone connection), and the TV remote didn't work. Not a nice surprise. Too tired to get dressed and visit the lobby, I planned to get a good night's sleep and notify the desk in the morning. However, around 2 am, the fire alarm woke up all guests, and many of us evacuated to the parking lot. We finally went back in, wondering if one of the huge group of students was the culprit. Turns out, it was a faulty sprinkler. When I notified the desk clerk the next morning of the issues in my room, she was disbelieving and snippy, but the problems were fixed right away. There was no comment about the alarms.

The good:
The location was great! Our group walked about a half mile to the stadium for graduation. The rooms are generally nice, with good beds and flat-screen TVs. Nobody in my group saw any bedbugs. They were also fine about all of us playing games in the breakfast room and ordering pizza. It's a pretty relaxed hotel. They also have a fairly large indoor pool and an outdoor court with a gazebo and chairs. It was a lovely place to unwind. The breakfast is very good--a hot buffet with eggs and bacon and such. There's also a small store with a few things you might have forgotten. The business center was one computer and printer, and made it easy to print out my boarding pass. Parking is free.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank AZPeregrina
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I had my first encounter ever with bed bugs and it was the worst night ever. I quickly jumped online just to make sure what I thought were bed bugs were in fact the little creatures that I've always heard stories about. Long story short, a maintenance gal came in and in her best guess had confirmed there could possibly be bed bugs. She received bed bug training and saw signs to support my assumption. I kept feeling things pick me like a mosquito bite and I had the bumps to prove it. I also saw these little things in the sheets which was the final straw. I switched rooms and was comp'd but I could not lay on the beds. The extermintator was called the next day and had reported no findings of insects of any kind. Who do I trust? The extermintator or the bumps, bites and little things I saw on the sheets? I'll try another Marriott next time I'm in Boise. One thing is for sure, this has opened my eyes to the whole bed bug come back. =(

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BizTravelLady
Reviewed June 29, 2009

This is a solid Courtyard. Better than most. One surprise was the updated decor - new carpets, couches, flat screen TV's and desk area.
Since it's a Courtyard, all the rooms are essentially the same, but the hotel is set back from Broadway and it's wonderfully quiet. Everything works and staff are available to work out any minor kinks along the way.
Staff are hardworking, and eager to please. Overall a solid Courtyard. No razzle-dazzle, but a consistent quality product.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2009

Hotel is only about 5 miles from the airport and I-90; easy to find. Only about a mile from the Capitol building, convention center, and downtown. Easy access in/out of the lot. Staff was very courteous and friendly.

Courtyard was recently renovated with new carpet, couches, desks, and chairs. Very nice desk top with multiple outlets and computer input/outputs. New flatscreen televisions. Only surprise was the beds were not the new more plush beds found in many of the other Courtyards received when updatd.

As for food options, in the lot out front there was a Carl's Junior and a Perkins. A variety of other restaurants are just a short drive away.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2009

The staff at the Courtyard took extraordinary measures to make our anniversary weekend special! A phone call to the hotel from our daughter, asking what might be done to help us celebrate, was met with an enthusiastic response. Although there was no standard procedure, staff members went out of their way to present us with special touches. We were surprised and delighted!
We love the location, and enjoyed walking along the Boise River Greenbelt to tour the wonderful downtown area on foot. The Courtyard is comfortable and quiet, and offers a good breakfast in the morning. But it was the exceptional staff that made us feel personally welcomed, and we appreciate their efforts very much.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple